He never served, but Veterans Affairs pays for convicted murderer's PTSD treatment

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: He never served, but Veterans Affairs pays for convicted murderer's PTSD treatment

Post by Beefer on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:12 am

Bruce72 wrote:Trudeau's logic doesn't wash.

"When someone serves in the Armed Forces, their whole family serves".

Okay fair enough. I get this. A soldier is deployed to the Stan for example and suffers catastrophic wounds inflicted by the enemy, both mental and physical.

Soldier goes home and life is rough for the veteran and his family due to the vets disabilities. In this case family should qualify for the appropriate benefits.

However, Garnier's apparent PTSD was caused by him murdering an off duty police officer. In other words, his illness has nothing to do with his father's service in the Armed Forces.

Garnier is ineligible for treatment provided by VAC in my opinion.

I agree, his PTSD has nothing to do with his Father as the convicted murderer admits himself that his crime is what caused his PTSD, if you could believe that.
Beefer

Back to top Go down

Re: He never served, but Veterans Affairs pays for convicted murderer's PTSD treatment

Post by Galadren on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:45 am

'That isn't PTSD, it's remorse': Veteran angry over treatment for convicted killer

By: Chris Halef - Sept 24, 2018

Galadren

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight2001 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 12:45 pm

wow just got one word to say on this, unbelievable!

Midnight2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Accer on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 4:21 pm

September 24, 2018

Trudeau offers “indignant silence” as Canadians demand answers for cop killer’s free PTSD treatment

SHEILA GUNN REID
REBEL HOST | THE GUNN SHOW

Accer

CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 5:47 pm

I guess this one is staying in the news.
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm

Accer wrote:
September 24, 2018

Trudeau offers “indignant silence” as Canadians demand answers for cop killer’s free PTSD treatment

SHEILA GUNN REID
REBEL HOST | THE GUNN SHOW

Trudeau refused to answer the question...$50,000 for each immigrant...Some Veterans are asking for more then we can afford....372 million of unspent funds from the Veterans file.

What's wrong with this picture?
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgefore on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 9:35 am

Tories force debate on revoking veterans’ benefits for convicted killer

By Kady O'Malley. Published on Sep 25, 2018

Edgefore
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

I called Minister O' Regan's home office in NFLD last week and expressed my dissatisfaction with this situation. I was polite, and spoke softly. The young man whom I am assuming is an aide of some kind, he mentioned that the office has been flooded with calls from concerned citizens about this case.
Bruce72
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm

Tories to force Liberals to vote on revoking veterans’ benefits to convicted killer Chris Garnier

By Amanda Connolly  National Online Journalist Global News

September 25, 2018

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm

Why do I have a funny feeling Shameus is going to use the convicted killers fathers PTSD as an excuse why the murderer is getting treatment?

Or is that too obvious of an out for Shameus?

Another thing I am very curious about is what was his turnaround time for approval when he applied?

If I had to bet on the over/under of 14 days I would pick under....I'm not joking about this. If the Cons or if the NDP could find their footing that is a question I would ask or do an ATI request.
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:05 pm

I think it is really important that we all walk a fine line with regard to Garnier Sr. (Garnier's father) By all accounts he served his country honourably and deserves the respect we all show each other. Unless we bring dishonour on ourselves.

What his son did, is no reflection on him.

The tragedy here is the murdered police officer and her family and Garnier's family. That's the legacy they have to live with.

The sooner Garnier the murderer accepts what he did and doesn't seek solace, except that which he creates himself, the better for all involved.
Bruce72
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:08 pm

Conservatives Want Veterans’ Benefits Revoked for Convicted Murderer

Sept 25, 2018

Lincoln
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:18 pm

Bruce no one is questioning Garnier Sr.'s service and I have not heard or read a negative comment towards him.

The issue is about a murderer who did not serve and my comment was an observation from past gov't's bag of excuses I have seen them use.

As for the time frame for approval of under 14 days is a point that can be used to find out why and how this murderer got benefits. Benefits that veterans are waiting months for.

In other words what fool at VAC approved this debacle? Someone at VAC is being protected by Shameus and JT for this idiocy.
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzer on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:54 pm

Minister orders Veterans Affairs to stop supporting convicted family members

The Canadian Press
September 25, 2018

Kizzer

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzer on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:57 pm

Veterans Affairs to stop giving benefits to family members in prison amid uproar over Christopher Garnier case

By Amanda Connolly National Online Journalist Global News
September 25, 2018

Kizzer

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next