'Complete control': Apple accused of overpricing, restricting device repairs

Go down

'Complete control': Apple accused of overpricing, restricting device repairs Empty 'Complete control': Apple accused of overpricing, restricting device repairs

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 9:38 am

'Complete control': Apple accused of overpricing, restricting device repairs

'Right to repair' movement fights to put fixes back in hands of consumers

Jason Koebler, who regularly covers Apple as the editor-in-chief of VICE Media's technology and science news site Motherboard, said this is a common problem.

"I've broken my MacBook before and taken it to Apple and they wanted $700 to fix the screen. I ended up doing it myself for $50. This happens all the time," he said.

Apple declined to be interviewed for this story, but denied that there is a pattern of overcharging customers for repairs.

CBC News used a hidden camera to verify reports that Apple customers are often told their malfunctioning computers are not worth fixing, even when minor repairs could remedy the problem.

When presented with a MacBook Pro laptop that had a common issue where the screen was not displaying properly, an employee at the Apple Store responded by saying the device would need significant repairs at a cost of more than $1,200.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/complete-control-apple-accused-of-overpricing-restricting-device-repairs-1.4859099

I've been saying Apple is as crooked as a dog's hind-leg since Moses was a boy scout. Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up on the latest proof.

Buyer beware, or better yet boycott.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum