Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ottawa short-changed more than 270,000 veterans on pensions, disability payments

+11
vet1
JAFO
Rekert
Riverway
Caliber
Seawolf
RevForce
Vizzer
Slider
Garrison
Edgefore
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ottawa short-changed more than 270,000 veterans on pensions, disability payments - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa short-changed more than 270,000 veterans on pensions, disability payments

Post by Trooper Sat 19 Jan 2019, 6:54 pm

Well the Liberals said they won't follow up on the 2010 Conservative governments failure to be transparent on the error, and the Conservatives sweeping the error under the rug having Veterans lose out on what was owed to them.

This is why McInnes Cooper is jumping at this.

We all now know that the government of Canada has absolutely no legal obligation to it's Disabled Veterans, both the Harper government, and the Trudeau government has acknowledge this with both governments fighting Disabled Veterans in the Equitas case. Both governments Justice Ministry department used this line in the Equitas case. Disabled Veterans gets what the government gives regardless on whether Disabled Veterans like it, or not.

Given that perhaps this sweeping under the rug by the corrupt bureaucrats who are given a green light to fully control the Veterans file in this Country, by our so called political leaders, might be held to account by the courts in the McInnes Cooper filing. They can't use the ("no legal obligation to it's Disabled Veterans". line in this setting.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Ottawa short-changed more than 270,000 veterans on pensions, disability payments - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa short-changed more than 270,000 veterans on pensions, disability payments

Post by JOHNDEER Sat 19 Jan 2019, 8:46 pm

It would be nice to know the numbers . As much as I want the government to pay for its mistake I don't want all the money again going toward legal fees because in the end it's the legal firm that wins and the taxpayers and veterans lose.

JOHNDEER

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Sat 19 Jan 2019, 9:26 pm

JOHNDEER wrote:It would be nice to know the numbers . As much as I want the government to pay for its mistake I don't want all the money again going toward legal fees because in the end it's the legal firm that wins and the taxpayers and veterans lose.

Not to mention that this law firm had the VAC file in their hands for how many years and their accountants didn't find an accounting error, but they sure came up with a whopper of a percentage per payout to vets. If it's punitive damages they are looking for this is equivalent to ambulance chasers looking for a payday.

JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNDEER Sat 19 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

Also will these calculations have any impact on the sisip Ltd lawsuit? The amounts paid back and with held maybe incorrect to to these errors

JOHNDEER

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:14 pm

JOHNDEER wrote:Also will these calculations have any impact on the sisip Ltd lawsuit? The amounts paid back and with held maybe incorrect to to these errors

That is a damn good question!
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri 04 Oct 2019, 6:26 pm

Veterans Affairs Canada Facebook - Oct 4. 2019

Corrective payments to compensate for an error in the calculation of certain benefit adjustment rates between 2003-2010 are coming soon. If you were affected by this error and currently receive a benefit from us, you don’t need to apply. Estates can apply soon.

For more information, please contact us
http://ow.ly/5l7p50wBP4U

Warrior
Warrior
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekert Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:40 pm

Corrective Payment Letters are in My VAC Account

In My VAC Account scroll down to see Find out about your disability pension corrective payment.

Click on the Corrective Payment Letter

Your refund amount will show

Rekert
Rekert

Back to top Go down

Post by Proctor Tue 15 Oct 2019, 12:39 pm

Cassey wrote:
Corrective Payment Letters are in My VAC Account

In My VAC Account scroll down to see Find out about your disability pension corrective payment.

Click on the Corrective Payment Letter

Your refund amount will show

My letter for the corrective payment was in my vac account (INBOX) today.
Proctor
Proctor
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Proctor Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:34 am

Corrective payment deposited in my bank today. It also shows in my vac account under (Payment History).
Proctor
Proctor
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2