A well-treated veteran

Go down

A well-treated veteran Empty A well-treated veteran

Post by Stealth99 on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 7:11 pm

Today's letters

OTTAWA CITIZEN EDITORIAL BOARD - January 4, 2019

A well-treated veteran

I often read in your paper about complaints against Veterans Affairs Canada or the manner in which VAC handle matters. VAC of course are at a disadvantage, because they cannot normally defend themselves due to provisions of the Privacy Act and must remain silent.

I can, however, speak of my personal experience with VAC, having served in the Canadian Armed Forces for 42 years, which included a tour in Kandahar, Afghanistan, during Roto 1 in 2006.

Having retired from the military almost three years ago, I can report that VAC has been extremely helpful in assisting me transition to civilian life and addressing some issues relating to my military service. I am very thankful for the services VAC have and are providing to me through my case manager. VAC cares and has done its utmost to help this former soldier!

Randall C. Smith
Lieutenant-Colonel (Retired)
Ottawa

Stealth99
Stealth99

Back to top Go down

A well-treated veteran Empty Re: A well-treated veteran

Post by vet1 on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 2:37 pm

I guess this 'well treated veteran' (retired) is getting a job with VAC.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminator on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 4:49 pm

With all the bad reviews constantly being published against Veterans Affairs Canada by the media, and Veterans/Veteran groups, when I read an article as the article above praising the good support they received from Veterans Affairs Canada, I have ask myself what exactly is this individual trying to achieve?

First off a retired Lieutenant-Colonel with 42 years of service is getting an excellent Canadian Forces pension that would secure him, and his family for life. Put this situation against someone who was medically released from the service post 2006 with much less time served because of his or hers medical condition/conditions, and you will probably get a better understanding as to why so much backlash towards Veterans Affairs Canada. To add to this the understanding of the pension act, NVC, and PFL would also help Mr. Smith understand better about the complaints against Veterans Affairs Canada or the manner in which VAC handles matters.  

Transition into civilian life from the service for those being medically released with a small CF pension OR no CF pension at all is a completely different story than transition with 42 years of service at the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.

For me to read such an article tells me just how Ignorant, and uninformed Mr. Smith really is. He clearly did not understand the articles of complaints from the OTTAWA CITIZEN. Further to this regardless of his ability to grasp understanding those articles of complaints against Veterans Affairs Canada, just by the context from Mr. Smiths article shows that he clearly has no solicitude towards disabled Canadian Veterans.

We don't need Ignorant individuals such as Mr. Randall Smith writing misleading articles that suggest those who are writing articles OR speaking against Veterans Affairs Canada are fallacious.
Terminator
Terminator

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum