Blair Churchill

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blair Churchill - Page 2 Empty Re: Blair Churchill

Post by Hunter on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:24 am

Blair Churchill - Facebook - March 28, 2019

Update March 28th Day 4

Soooo, today I went solo. After three hours being outside MP's office someone actually had the courage to come out and invite me inside. I also actually got an apology for a lack of communication after 41 days. So hey thats something. I am now going to be updated on the progress of my complaint. I informed them I have gone to the media and might finally have some traction with the local and provincial papers and someone I spoke to has a contact with one of the TWO CTV reporters. Little wonder you cant get hold of anyone. I dropped in CBC and asked them if it was their policy of ignoring veterans and I (may) have got someones attention there. I contacted VAC and they are all in a tizzy about the APSC rollout and their computers are down. I was also told that although a request to speak with an IRO may not mean a return phone call! I said that was unacceptable and I gave them to end day Monday to contact me. A 13 yr old figure this out, but they are fixated on policy and ignore the rest of the details (namely common sense). I said someone better start asking the hard questions, because I will crash Liberal public events and I will be relentless until someone crawls out of their ivory tower and gets some fresh air, because obviously the air is a little thin and it effects making straight forward decisions. I also met another disgruntled vet going into the MP's office and I said if you don't get satisfaction let me know. That's all for now. Open to suggestions.

Blair Churchill - Page 2 55554442_2274029059532343_6181165702309740544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zantar on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 10:44 am

Blair Churchill - Page 2 17799322_1862088520726401_2940849538984235325_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Blair Churchill - March 29, 2019

Day 5 Blair's Musings:

So you are the veteran who is sick and has to push the ambulance to the hospital on your own most likely, because there is no driver or EMT to help you. But there are all these options available to you to help you, what could possibly be the problem.

1. Case Manager, if you are fortunate to have a CM who cares and is informed and will advocate you have a chance in the wonderful VAC nightmare. If not, option two if you haven't already fired them (which you can do).
2. Case Manager supervisor, well they normally back up the CM, so unless you speak with a CM Supvr that doesn't just go with the path of least resistance you continue to push your ambulance.
3. District Manager, as per #2
4. Find an advocate: good luck with that.
5. Appeals process - deny, delay, die
6. Bureau of Pensions Advocate - somewhat useful tool, but they have limitations on their mandate.
7. VAC Ombudsman - lol well I waited 8 mths before I even got a return phone call on one issue. Don't expect a timely response or decision.
8. Your MP, well I refer to my case 41 days before someone had the courage to respond to me and only after I embarrassed the hell out of them by protesting in front of their office.
9. IRO - well if you have a CM I am told you cant communicate with an IRO. Interesting if you have an issue with your CM you are forced to work with a person who may be incompetent. I have just been told that although you request to speak with an IRO you may not get a return phone call, let alone address the issue. I assure you, I will be getting a phone call!
10. Public Protest - you are forced as an individual who has health issues to resort to airing their dirty laundry as to draw attention to your plight. So much for your privacy!
11. Legion - oh yes the organization that is supposed to support veterans. LOL my experience is what little they did for me, I could have done myself.
12. Lawsuit - I believe the 'Tool noted there was to be as measure that the government provide assistance to a veteran if that avenue was pursued. ???

So we have at least 12 avenues available to us, yet the system(s) fail us. Why? Maybe that is not so much important is the LACK OF WILL WITHIN to correct the why's. Having a degree I can say this. It doesn't take someone with a degree to figure out common sense, but many of us continue to push our ambulances on our own!

Blair Churchill - Page 2 56281566_2274366796165236_569855071127339008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Zantar
Zantar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 2:10 pm

Blair Churchill April 2, 2019

Day 6
Well the weather is sunny but windy and cold, so no visibility today. Still no media response. I have now three times contacted VAC requesting to speak with an IRO. Now this time I am told it could be a week or more before I get a return phone call. That is unacceptable seeing I have already been waiting a week. So I have a phone number for the Minister of Veterans of Affairs Inquires in Ottawa. So IF you have any issues, please feel free to contact this number 613-943-5151 and or email vac.minister-ministre.acc@canada.ca as I have.

Blair Churchill - Page 2 56419472_2276837592584823_5887668446417649664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Alpha
Alpha
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor on Wed 03 Apr 2019, 2:23 pm

Blair Churchill Facebook post April 3, 2019

Day 7. Well my file has been referred to Program Management at the highest level after having contacted Veterans Affairs Minister Office yesterday. I also am told I have a case to take to court to set a precedent. I said I was doing this for myself and for veterans, so if this can make a difference regardless of my outcome, perhaps they develop some common sense. Off to find a lawyer. Still no media after having a contact with CTV and spoon feeding my story to the local paper and no return calls from anyone else. Trapped in world of ignorance!

One additional tidbit for anyone pursuing remedial action on their file if you go thru your MPs office, Ombudsman or Minister's Office your file ultimately gets referred to an IRO, so that really calls into question the worthiness of this options for a veteran if it gets streamed lined into one position which you can access early in the process of appeal.

Blair Churchill - Page 2 55892377_2277370695864846_2032646354332811264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Victor
Victor
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Featherally on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 6:19 pm

Blair Churchill - April 4, 2019

Day 8

I must say there are alot of "extraordinary" people who work in the Ivory Towers of VAC that have to put their heads together and determine if 13 months of neglect of a clients file is "extraordinary" circumstance. Then again! Doesn't that say something about them and their system, if that is ORDINARY. Then again! How about Liberals could extend deadlines for responding to veterans to make it "ORDINARY" and acceptable. How about URGENT in the Veterans Affairs dictionary of UNCOMMON SENSE taking 14 days. Funny when I worked it was always 24 to 48 hours or less, it was typically the same day! No the VAC legislation is designed to cover all their asses, while the asses of Veterans and their families fly by the seat of their pants. I was told they were concerned about me and my family, yet it took them 8 MONTHS to put a key in an ignition and drive 17 mins to do a home visit, and I have many many other stories. Veterans are told if we gave you what you wanted we would have no money, or you ask for more than we can give! What would truly be EXTRAORDINARY is to show respect, dignity and fairness to those who have served and given their lives, not so that these EXTRA-ORDINARY bureaucrats who lack common sense can destroy families and veterans health and lives!

Blair Churchill - Page 2 56325280_2278033492465233_4174962327747035136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Featherally
Featherally

Back to top Go down

Post by Samwell on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 2:58 pm

Blair Churchill > April 5, 2019

Day 9
So how many times do you try before you finally give up to being lied to with almost everyone you interact with Veterans Affairs Canada? I was promised a phone call from the Ministers Office by Friday. Well no phone call, should I be surprised. Yes a bit more time left in the day to respond and maybe someone from VAC if they are monitoring this page will see this and get their s**t together, if not the post remains. What a disgraceful organization! The only thing they are good at consistently is lying.

Blair Churchill - Page 2 56742571_2278644242404158_1600646208555057152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Samwell
Samwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum