Payment Dates

Go down

Payment Dates Empty Payment Dates

Post by Alpha on Wed 08 May 2019, 1:01 pm

Payment Dates Modernize-3-2.jpg? zoom=1 MAY 7, 2019

Veterans Affairs Canada anticipates beginning the issuance of payments to class members in June 2019 and to complete payment to the approximately 15,000 class members the end of 2019.

Alpha
Alpha
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Payment Dates Empty Re: Payment Dates

Post by Alpha on Wed 15 May 2019, 9:59 am

Some Q&A on the Payments

Joy Resch says:
March 11, 2019 at 4:23 PM
I am the executor to John Hillier’s estate and I would like to receive any ongoing information for the progress of the payments for this law suit. I am actually trying to close out his estate and am presently getting his income tax done for the year of his death – 2018. I would like to know whether this payment will be taxed? And if so, will I have to file another tax return in 2019 for these expected monies. Please advise,

Michel Drapeau Law Office says:
May 4, 2019 at 12:51 PM
Payments to class members will NOT be taxed.

Jean McCully says:
March 19, 2019 at 8:12 PM
Your post said Veterans Affairs will start issuing payments out 6 months after. So that means beginning of June we should finally see payment back for the ELB?

May 4, 2019 at 12:50 PM
This means that some of the 15,000 class members will begin receiving their cheques commencing in June 2019. Payments will be completed by year’s end.

Howard Anthony Thomas says:
April 11, 2019 at 6:01 AM
Since this was approved by the Supreme Court of Canada we have heard absolutely zero from the government on when or how the payments will be made. I know that the court said within 6 months payments would start (with no timeline on how long they have to actually pay all members the damages) , yet the silence from the government on the payment plan is troubling. Any idea when we might hear or is this yet another case of the government dragging it out for another year? I have sent inquiries to Veteran affairs through their secure email but have not even gotten an acknowledgment of my email back.

Thanks

May 4, 2019 at 12:47 PM
Mr. Howard Thomas. The settlement was NOT approved by the Supreme Court. The case was settled between the two firms involved (MDLO and Gowling) and the settlement was approved by the Federal Court of Canada. Days after the approval of the settlement in January 2019, a VAC press release was made which was widely distributed in the Canadian medial. VAC is scheduled to commenced payment to the 15,000 class members in June 2019 and to complete such payments by year’s end.

Both Gowlings and MDLO have published information about the settlement on their respective web pages including a Questions and Answers forum which provides pertinent information to class members. I highly recommend that you consult the FAQs.

ken raymond says:
April 12, 2019 at 5:13 PM
Hi

I just talked to a VAC analyst and he said some people wont see a cheque till 2020. aren’t the cheques going out around July Aug 6 months from court approval.

May 4, 2019 at 12:41 PM
Mr. Raymond. I am not sure that the VAC analyst is aware or involve in the payment operation. As noted, payments by VAC to the 15,000 veterans will comence in June 2019 and be completed by year’s end.

Lloyd Feltham says:
April 19, 2019 at 2:31 PM
Now that Toth vs her majesty was approved in January, when will veterans start seeing any results from the decision.
Thank you,

May 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM
As noted, times and again, payments by VAC will commence to the 15,000 veterans in June 2019 and be completed at year’s end.

May 6, 2019 at 6:53 AM
VAC is expected to be mailing cheques commencing in June 2019 to the 15,000 class members. They are aiming at completing this operation by end of 2019.

Louis Poch says:
April 28, 2019 at 2:36 PM
I sent an email to Veterans Affairs last week to find out when we might receive our payout. They replied, “sometime in the late summer”. Way past the date of June 2019 stated in the decision. Can you shed any light on this?

May 4, 2019 at 12:38 PM
Mr. Poch.

We are not past the date of June 2019. Last time I look, we are still in May 2019. Payments will begin in June and should be completed by year end to the approximately 15,000 class members and, in some cases, their estates.

Marcel Albert Lacroix says:
May 3, 2019 at 1:04 PM
Did not get any information for a long time

May 4, 2019 at 12:36 PM
M. Lacroix

There is no more information to provide. The case is settled. The settlement has been approved by the Court. Payments will be made by Veterans Affairs Canada commencing in June 2019. VAC aims at completing the payment to the approximatively 15,000 veterans by the end of 2019. All that is required is patience.

May 8, 2019 at 7:13 AM
M. Lacroix

We have no more information to publish. The suit is settled. The Federal Court has issued its decision. Members have been advised. And, now VAC is gearing up to make payment to the 15,000 class members (and Estates). A huge job. Payments will commence in June 2019 and should be completed by end of 2019. Payments will be made either via Direct Deposit (when such banking arrangements are in place) or by cheques.

Alpha
Alpha
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Tue 21 May 2019, 4:47 pm

Payment Dates Modernize-3-2.jpg? zoom=1 MAY 16, 2019

Veterans Affairs Canada (“VAC”) will be responsible for distributing settlement funds under the approved Settlement Agreement.

VAC has been preparing its distribution protocol for Class Members and eligible estates. Distribution of settlement funds to Class Members and eligible estates will commence through direct deposit and/or cheque in June 2019.

Each Class Member and estate eligible to receive a payment under the approved settlement will be receiving a letter from VAC detailing the amount of settlement payment they are entitled to receive. An individualized calculation will be included in the letter explaining how the recipient’s entitlement under the settlement was determined.

The letter will also include additional payment instructions, such as the method for requesting a replacement cheque in the event a Class Member has died.

To assist with the efficient distribution of settlement payments, Class Members and estate representatives are urged to ensure VAC has up-to-date contact and banking information.

Alpha
Alpha
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Thu 23 May 2019, 11:56 am

"We are not past the date of June 2019. Last time I look, we are still in May 2019. Payments will begin in June and should be completed by year end to the approximately 15,000 class members and, in some cases, their estates."

Seems like this and other replies from the Drapeau org were written by a 5 year old. No need to get snitty with us!!!

prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder95 on Fri 24 May 2019, 8:44 pm

MAY 24, 2019

Payment Dates Modernize-3-2.jpg?zoom=1

Veterans Affairs Canada (“VAC”) will be responsible for distributing settlement funds under the approved Settlement Agreement. Distribution of settlement funds will begin in June 2019 through direct deposit or cheque to Class Members and through cheque only to eligible estates.

Each Class Member will be receiving a letter from VAC which will include an individualized calculation explaining how the recipient’s entitlement under the settlement was determined. VAC will also send letters to known estates detailing the amount of the settlement payment that would be payable to the deceased Class Member, and informing the recipient of how they can establish entitlement to that payment. All letters will include information on how to proceed in the event that a Class Member has died, or the estate of a deceased Class Member has been closed.

To assist with the efficient distribution of settlement payments, Class Members and estate representatives are urged to ensure VAC has up-to-date contact and banking information.

Thunder95
Thunder95

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder95 on Mon 10 Jun 2019, 7:37 pm

Questions Posted Reference Payments

Laura McEvoy says:
June 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM

Each Class Member will be receiving a letter from VAC which will include an individualized calculation explaining how the recipient’s entitlement under the settlement was determined do you know when this letter was sent out?

June 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM

As noted, during June 2019.

June 10, 2019 at 6:33 AM

Ms. McEvoy

As noted in the update, VAC will be issuing a letter in June 2019.

Thunder95
Thunder95

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 21 Jun 2019, 11:36 am

Has anyone received a letter yet?

prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Fri 21 Jun 2019, 3:03 pm

Nope

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 1:37 am

Nope

sailor964

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder95 on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 2:11 pm

July 5, 2019 Update

Class counsel learned earlier this week from counsel for Veterans Affairs Canada (“VAC”) that VAC is still finalizing the letters referred to in our May 24, 2019 update, which include individualized calculation information for payments to Class Members or their eligible estates under the approved settlement.

We are now informed that VAC intends to distribute the letters to Class Members and known estates beginning the week of July 8, 2019.

Thunder95
Thunder95

Back to top Go down

Post by Xforce2000 on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 12:51 pm

Payment Dates Modernize-3-2.jpg?zoom=1

July 19, 2019

Veterans Affairs Canada (“VAC”) began sending letters and remitting settlement payments to living War Veterans Allowance (“WVA”) and Earnings Loss Benefit or Canadian Forces Income Support (“ELB/CFIS”) Class Members last week on Tuesday 9 July. If you receive regular payments from VAC by direct deposit, you should have received your settlement payment by now.

If you have an online “My VAC Account”, a copy of your letter regarding the settlement payment should be accessible online. If you receive regular payments from VAC by cheque and correspond with VAC by ordinary mail, you should be receiving a letter regarding the settlement and a settlement payment by cheque through Canada Post.

Settlement payments to estates of deceased Class Members will be the subject of a further website update in the next few weeks.

A number of veterans in the ELB/CFIS class have made inquires about their assessed disability percentage. The Toth settlement relates to Disability Pensions (DP) originally and payable under the Pension Act. Disability Awards (DA) granted under the New Veterans Charter, and pain granted under the New Veterans Charter, and pain and suffering compensation (PSC), are not part of the Toth settlement.

ELB/CFIS Class Members can check their DP entitlements by referring to DP letters they receive in their “My VAC Account” or by regular mail. If you have questions about your DP you may: (a) send an inquiry to VAC through your “My VAC Account”; or (b) contact VAC at 1-866-522-2122.

Xforce2000
Xforce2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:34 am

Dwayne Ripley wrote on July 22, 2019 at 12:32 PM

My settlement was based on 40% disability. DVA on September 2018 considers me 80%. The other 40% was a lump sum disability settlement.

Michel Drapeau Law Office replied on August 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM

Mr. Ripley

The disability percentage used by VAC is based on your Disability Pension (DP) percentage as of September 10, 2018. This appears to correspond to your note above.

\Please note that disabilities that were compensated with a Disability Award (DA) or Pain and Suffering compensation (PSC) are not,repeat not, included in the VAC payment calculation. Therefore, the disability percentages associated with the DA or lump sum “disability settlement” are not included.

Spider
Spider

CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down