Green Veterans Platform (2019)

Go down

Green Veterans Platform (2019) Empty Green Veterans Platform (2019)

Post by Terminator on Sat May 11, 2019 5:29 pm

No specific proposals yet.
Terminator
Terminator

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Green Veterans Platform (2019) Empty Re: Green Veterans Platform (2019)

Post by Riverdale on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Honouring Veterans

The Green Party values the work and sacrifices of all Canadian Forces and RCMP veterans and active personnel and will ensure that veterans and their families are well cared for. The fact that suicide rates among veterans are climbing is a clear indication that they are not getting the services and supports they need. A Green government will step up to provide long overdue comprehensive services for veterans.

• Provide support for all veterans including disabled veterans that allows them to live in dignity. Ensure that services to veterans and their family members are fully integrated and funded.

• Launch a national re-examination of veterans’ issues in December 2019 based on good-faith engagement with military families and veterans, including issues relating to pensions and benefits. The goal is to identify necessary reforms and changes to programs to better meet veterans’ needs.

• In the meantime, restore periodic payments to veterans at pre-2006 levels.

• Repeal the section of the Superannuation Act the denies pensions to surviving spouses of certain workers, including RCMP and veterans, who married after 60.

• Work with veterans’ organizations to review and update the Veterans Charter and the processes, structure and mandate of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board to ensure all veterans are treated fairly and with respect.

• Ensure that all veterans have access to health care, mental health support and treatments. Military personnel with PTSD must be treated as highly valued people whose health needs to be restored, rather than as liabilities who need to be removed.

Veterans Platform: https://www.greenparty.ca/en/platform/renew-social-contract#honouring-veterans

Full Platform: https://www.greenparty.ca/sites/default/files/platform_2019_en_web_update_09-16.pdf

Riverdale
Riverdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

For frack sakes RE-EXAMINATION key words same thing over and over sick of this shit not getting my vote

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Well Rifleman I too am getting sick and tired of politicians points of surrounding our file with examinations/reviews. Any politician who puts either of those two words in place when submitting a promise/commitment/platform hasn't got any Idea what the problem is with our file.

So again I will give my OPINION as to the way I see it today with our file.

First off I truly believe our file today does not fair against the pension act. Not even close. We have to look at lifelong tax free financial security The pension act provided that period.

So if we look at what's being brought forward by the parties so far with respect to our file, I would say that the Veterans platforms means very little in terms of actually being implemented by any party if elected, for any promise or platform for Veterans in the manner it is promised. Simply look at the facts surrounding how exactly these promises are to be enacted or implemented. There's no politician including Erin O'Toole that fully understands the main problem with our file. Everybody including politicians, some Veterans, and Veterans groups are using Veteran services as a template of movement that gives the impression that working to better these services is progress within the file. This is of importance for sure, but is not something we should even be looking at in terms of bringing back fairness. This is what the government wants us to do, fight for better services. If we fight for better services, the pension act gets lost or put to sleep. This is clearly a tactic that the government is using, and guess who's responsible for this tactic? It is of course Walter Natynczyk. Again the fact that at the town hall where Trudeau said we were asking for to much than what we can give right now, then Trudeau explained why? Trudeau said that with all the services (including services for non medical released Veterans) there was no way the government could afford the pre 2006 pension. Who do you think Trudeau got this from? He would have gotten it from the Minister of Veterans Affairs. Who do you think the Minister of Veterans got it from? He got it from the one and only top bureaucrat of our file Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Walter Natynczyk. Take any elected government, the PM gives the appointed Minister of Veterans Affairs a mandate letter. The Minister of Veterans Affairs brings the mandate to the Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Walter Natynczyk. The Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Walter Natynczyk then explains to the Minister the cost of the services in place. It is this point where Natynczyk twist that mandate letter allowing for the services to continue, and the lifelong financial security to be drafted in such a way that makes it seem as though the promise is close to what was promised. Natynczyk runs the show in full, he is an expert at twisting things but usually for the most part ends up only fooling the politicians and the general public.

So until I see a party in their platform specifically state they will move the funding for Veterans services over to DND, ORDER the return of at least the pension portion of the pension act as previously implemented, the platform is worth nothing. I'm not saying there should be no services for Veterans, what I'm saying is that robbing Veterans of the pension act to replace it with services that for the most part were already available pre 2006 is just plain wrong. It is a clear sign of disrespecting disabled Veterans! People including Veterans, and Veteran groups need to wake up and face reality. The status quo of by-passing the core issue of financial stability as seen pre 2006 does not help our plea to bring back fairness.

My opinion
Trooper
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Agree trooper some great points especially when it comes to Walter Natynczyk ok feed me some more platform promises my voting list is getting smaller and so is something else as I grow older lol

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down