Barry Westholm talking about transition, JPSU, and the NVC at the 6th EQUITAS remembrance week gathering.

Go down

Barry Westholm talking about transition, JPSU, and the NVC at the 6th EQUITAS remembrance week gathering.

Post by Trooper on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 6:32 pm

Nov 04, 2017

Click on the link below, those not on Facebook, click not now to view:

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.m.bedard/videos/10155697216051605/
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry Westholm talking about transition, JPSU, and the NVC at the 6th EQUITAS remembrance week gathering.

Post by Trooper on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 7:33 pm

Are these people holding the government to account?

For me, the answer is no!

In order to hold the government to account you need to accomplish a mission. I realize it's easy for me to sit back and type the way I see things without getting publicly involved as these groups of Veterans are doing. Call it constructive criticism or what you will but I believe that when things do not progress in a positive way, you need to change the way you approach your mission. Those days of trying to negotiate with the government are over, done, gone, history! First off here's the correct flexible payment options, for the disability award:

"If you have been approved for a Disability Award of 5% or more, you have flexible payment options. You may choose to receive your Disability Award as a one-time, lump sum payment, in annual payments, or a combination of a lump sum/annual payments."

So it is not a lifelong method even at 100%. So those who are using this particular example against the proposed or speculated lifelong pension, are incorrect.

The lifelong pension in my view is already written in draft, the bureaucrats had this written up not long after the Liberals got elected. Those who are thinking that this lifelong pension announcement is going to be worth anything better brace themselves for bad news! This will be announced just before or shortly after parliament rest for Christmas break.

Like I have been saying for a long time now, Veterans and Veteran groups need to change tactics! The old way of doing things are no longer working, history proves that. In fact some maybe doing more harm than good, not on purpose, but still feeding into the governments PR system.

With the Equitas, they have done some good for Veterans, but they are also getting caught up in negotiating with governments that use this as stall tactics. They need to focus solely on the main objective of the law suit, and keep the negotiations for after the courts have ruled. Even if the courts rule in the favor of the Veterans, there's no guarantee the government will bring back the tax free lifelong pension. The government will be ordered to fix it, how they fix it is up to the government.

Meetings, Stakeholder Meetings, and the Advisory groups are a built in mechanism, put in place by the government to boost their PR image on the Veterans file. Again, history has proven this. The bureaucrats are running the show, they are running the show to enhance their own interest, and the Minister of Veterans Affairs allows this to take place.

Veterans and Veteran groups need to leave their egos at home, they need to understand that it's one thing to put someone or the government in it's place, but succeeding in real concrete positive change, is a whole different story.
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down