View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOVA SCOTIA VETERAN TOWNHALL 6-9 PM LOCAL

Post by Trooper on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 pm

NOVA SCOTIA VETERAN TOWNHALL 6-9 PM LOCAL

Nov 12, 2017

45 Sackville Cross Rd, Lower Sackville, NS B4C 2M2

Hosted by Aaron Bedard

Details

This will be my first of 5 townhalls across Canada. I will be doing a full briefing on the EQUITAS case and our dealings with Government. I expect a spirited dialogue after the brief. I hope we can work together on some ideas to make the veteran community more united. I’m really looking forward to seeing so many people I have known online but never met over there!
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVA SCOTIA VETERAN TOWNHALL 6-9 PM LOCAL

Post by Trooper on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 am

Aaron Bedard Nov 12, 2017

EAST MEETS WEST

Thank you Medric for getting me here to Halifax tonight. We had an excellent meeting and are building a plan for the new year. Great to see Dr. John Whelan Marcus Brauer Dawn Marie Collins Peter Stoffer Dennis Manuge and about 50 vets all willing to help me organize a walk with the Veterans in Halifax in the new year.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 am

Doug Roberts Canada's Banished Veterans Nov 12, 2017

I would strongly recommend anyone who wants to see change attend and listen. Fantastic meeting tonight in Sackville NS with a turnout of some of our most outspoken Advocates . I was impressed
Aaron Bedard is hosting a series of "town halls" across Canada.
This one is in Nova Scotia.
Date: Sunday, 12-November-2017.
Time: 6-PM
To quote Aaron from the event description:
"This will be my first of 5 townhalls across Canada. I will be doing a full briefing on the EQUITAS case and our dealings with Government. I expect a spirited dialogue after the brief. I hope we can work together on some ideas to make the veteran community more united. I’m really looking forward to seeing so many people I have known online but never met over there!" Here's the list of town halls that he is hoping to host.
12-Nov: Halifax
16-Nov: Fredericton
19-Nov: Toronto
23-Nov: Winnipeg
25-Nov: Calgary

Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 am

NETWORK, CONNECT & UNITE.

This is a crystal clear message and we are on track.
"Veterans in the community and whom are online or offline from coast to coast to coast can come together for a common purpose and take immediate action following the announcement of the Liberal's key promise to Vets".
Do you listen to a wounded Major or a Politician?
Don't be baffled by bull shyte!
https://globalnews.ca/news/3854068/bob-layton-editorial-veterans-needing-help/

Last edited by Dannypaj on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 am

Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Bob Grant - Aaron gave an update on Equitas and how it nearly ended due to some self serving individuals which is something I didn't know. It is still going forward and if the so called big pension announcement in December is not as big as it needs to be then the plaintiffs will have the abeyance lifted and have the lawsuit pushed forward. Aaron also explained that there may be a couple reasons the 3 supreme court judges who are making the decision on the lawsuit going forward haven't already done so. There are a few constitutional challenges that may be slowing the decision and It might also be that they may be waiting to see if the government is going to sort things out to the satisfaction of the plaintiffs with the looming pension decision next month. Aaron, like most of us are thinking, said he's not very confident the pension will be anything more then giving disabled vets what we are getting now and calling it a pension. IE: If you are getting and ELB which is due to end at 65 it will be continued on as a pension. Will it be set up as a real pension that can't be taken away? That remains to be seen. Aaron is trying to start a movement that will help to get Canadians involved. He, with the support of the other plaintiffs, is planning a 5k walk for disabled veterans to put real pressure on the Liberals that will take place all across the country on the same day tentatively slated for early June. He came to the east coast first because he understands we on this side of the country seem to be able to get something like this off the ground a bit easier. I believe that if we can get all the local school boards involved to have the kids take part in some fashion it could be a huge help. This may also be an opportunity for Nova Scotia Nunavut Command to get off it's ass and do some real good for disabled veterans by helping to promote the walk. If you want to stay in the loop I suggest you keep an eye on his Guerrilla Radio site for updates. https://www.facebook.com/groups/853095038155250/. Any suggestions and help in getting the 5k walk off the ground will be greatly appreciated...
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top