Nov 30, 2017 Seamus O’regan speaking before the Parliamentary Committee on Veteran Affairs this morning.

Go down

Nov 30, 2017 Seamus O’regan speaking before the Parliamentary Committee on Veteran Affairs this morning.

Post by Trooper on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 pm

From VGR Facebook

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20171130/-1/28455?useragent=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28iPhone%3B+CPU+iPhone+OS+11_1_2+like+Mac+OS+X%29+AppleWebKit%2F604.3.5+%28KHTML%2C+like+Gecko%29+Version%2F11.0+Mobile%2F15B202+Safari%2F604.1

Comments:

Aaron Bedard: Seamus says the pension hasn’t even gone before Cabinet.

Aaron Bedard: Also stated it will still be announced by the End of the month. Swears it would not be announced by Trudeau this Saturday at the South Surrey Bi-election.

Troy Maurice: So they are going to announce something not even seen by cabinet? Same old song and dance my friends.

Justin O'Neill: Fingers and toes crossed

Nicki Audet: Same old shit. Good work Aaron keep his feet to the fire. Keep up the good work.

Aaron Bedard: Got a little scrappy with the 40% spending statement. It’s nice to hear some questions getting answered but definitely keeps me distrustful when statements like veterans represent 40% of all GoC spending... yeah that totally blown out of proportion.

Wes Davidson: If it hasn't gone to cabinet, does that mean it won't be until somewhere around mid 2018 or 2019 before we will see it? I can't get then link to play but I'll try.later.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Re: Nov 30, 2017 Seamus O’regan speaking before the Parliamentary Committee on Veteran Affairs this morning.

Post by Nemo on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Veterans represent 40% of all GoC spending.... BULL indeed. Not even close.

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Re: Nov 30, 2017 Seamus O’regan speaking before the Parliamentary Committee on Veteran Affairs this morning.

Post by Nemo on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm

This is from 2010 but I doubt it has changed much. At that time veterans accounted for about 1.32% of the federal budget. So where they are getting 40% is beyond me. It would not even be 4%.

http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/blog/post/81

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

The pension being announced by the end of this year is not new news.

The Liberals have a majority government so what is presented, will go through.

A lot of Veterans are going to be disappointed when they hear the specifics of the pension announcement.

The pension will be worth nothing, it will be geared towards benefiting the bureaucrats by causing more chaos within the Veterans file, something the bureaucrats love as this secures future work for those bureaucrats.

The PM, MVA, and the OVO will see it in a totally different perspective. They will see it as a promised kept, a positive piece of legislation that will improve the lives of Veterans and their families. These three departments look at the issue that Veterans have as only a few are displeased, only a few show negativity towards the pension, which to them, is common. They will handle the backlash very well, just like previous backlashes. This is the way it is, it's the operation that carries the weight of the government in their respect to their disabled Veterans. They continue to screw us all, and some continue to think their holding them to account by confronting them, telling them something that they already have answers too. Hope, what is hope? A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. Well this expectation of pension is to be somewhat inline with the only pension that was ever in place. Looking at how the pension will unfold with knowing that it is the bureaucrats who will create this pension, looking at past history on the way the heads of government allowed the bureaucrats to create benefits for the Veterans file, where does one find hope? There's no hope for Veterans because the system that is in place to look after Canadian Disabled Veterans is in complete disarray. The government is more concerned about it's own well being to be addressing the real problem within the Veterans file. So looking at the way things have been, no one should be expecting anything of a great pension that is coming from the very individuals who have continued to screw us over. There will be no great pension, the pension will be worth nothing compared to what some are expecting. For me, I hold no hope whatsoever knowing the tactics the government uses on it's Disabled Veterans. So when the announcement comes, and it shows no merits, I will not be surprised, this is what I'm expecting, another useless piece of legislation.

Everything that is being debated around this pension is speculation, mark my words, the pension announcement will not be worth the paper it's written on.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

a good part of me thinks your right trooper and the rest of me hopes your wrong but trust me i not getting my hopes up to high so i don't have so far to fall when you are right

Last edited by bosn181 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm

bosn181 wrote:a good part of me thinks your right trooper and the rest of me hopes your wrong but trust me i not getting my hopes up to high so i don't have so fall to far when you are right
I'm also keeping my expectations low my fellow Bosn Brother!!
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 pm

This all goes to the old saying.. I will believe it when I see it.

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down