Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullshyte!

+2
JAFO
Trooper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bullshyte! Empty Bullshyte!

Post by Trooper Mon 04 Dec 2017, 6:07 pm

Statement on ruling by the British Columbia Court of Appeal

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Veterans Affairs Canada
Dec 04, 2017

OTTAWA, Dec. 4, 2017 /CNW/ -

The Honourable Seamus O'Regan, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement today regarding a ruling by the British Columbia Court of Appeal:

"Today, the British Columbia Court of Appeal struck the Plaintiffs' statement of claim in the case Scott et al. v. Attorney General of Canada. The Court agreed that the statement of claim does not contain a reasonable cause of action.

"Over the past two years, we have made good progress in addressing some very legitimate concerns, including financial security and other supports for Veterans and their families. Budget 2016 and Budget 2017 both dealt head on with some of those concerns. Veterans Affairs Canada will continue its work to strengthen the support available to Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families by restoring critical access to services and providing the support necessary for financial independence.

"Previous governments have created a patchwork of policies and benefits that made it more complicated for Veterans to get the support they need, when they need it. We are changing that.

"We remain committed to a lifelong benefit option for ill and injured Veterans and we will finalize a benefit for life option for pension program for ill and injured Veterans soon.

"We need to deliver the right option for a lifelong benefit for ill and injured Veterans. Over the past eighteen months, across 3 major summits, advisory group meetings and conversation with Veterans we have been reviewing our current benefits and programs and consulting Veterans and other stakeholders to ensure that the new benefit meets the needs of Veterans. We will finalize this lifelong benefit option before the end of the year.

"Budget 2016 made strong investments in Veterans financial security by increasing the Disability Award to a maximum of $360,000 and increased the Earning's Loss Benefit to 90% of a Veteran's pre-release salary, among other measures. Budget 2017 invested in a comprehensive package that recognizes the important role of caregivers, helps more families, supports mental health and pays for the education and training Veterans need to find the work they want in their civilian lives.

"These men and women deserve our greatest recognition and respect for their service. Veterans Affairs Canada maintains an open-door policy for communication and collaboration on their issues and priorities.

"I have acknowledged, as has the Prime Minister, the Government's obligation to honour the significant contributions that Veterans and Canadian Armed Forces members have made, and continue to make, in protecting Canadians and their peace and security, at home and around the world.

"I pledge that work will carry on and that our Government will continue to offer Veterans and their families the care, compassion, and respect they deserve.

"I look forward to continuing this important conversation in the coming months, so that together we can build on the good work we have started. In particular, I will be seeking advice from Veterans and their families, as well as from those who support them, to help identify gaps in our services and find the best way to address these challenges."

SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada

For further information: Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468, vac.media-medias.acc@vac-acc.gc.ca; Alex Wellstead, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/statement-on-ruling-by-the-british-columbia-court-of-appeal-661905943.html

Bullshyte!
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Bullshyte! Empty Re: Bullshyte!

Post by JAFO Mon 04 Dec 2017, 6:24 pm

Hope everyone enjoys the shyte sandwich the Libs are going to serve that they are going to call "Lifelong Pension"
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 04 Dec 2017, 6:34 pm

Obviously that statement wasn't just thought of and written today...
Tired of being taken for a fool?

Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 04 Dec 2017, 6:42 pm

VRAB, FEDERAL COURT
Both the same, paid for
By yours truly big GOC
Goliath!
Read between the lines guys/gals!
We're bottom feeders.

3 years of my life I'll never get back, which was spent overseas on CFB
This even prior to serving!
What pississ me off the most about it, I believed in Canada.
Canada isn't the same.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Mon 04 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

Understanding the problem is getting better. More are starting to realize that the system that's in place today for Veterans is not a system that is better than the system that was in place pre 2006. Understanding the government tactics used against it's disabled Veterans are also starting to get heard. We must all remember who was in power when the NVC was born. It was the Liberals, then once the Conservatives became in power, they enacted the charter with all parties signing on. If the Liberals would have won at that time, they too would have enacted it as it was during the Liberal days as stated that the nvc was born. We all know Seamus is useless, we know the PM is useless, we know that it really doesn't matter who is in power as the Veteran file is being fully run by the bureaucrats. Remember back during remembrance days I said that the way we are treated by our government should give us every right to protest the government during remembrance days, something that was unheard of in the older times or during the time of the pension act. Times are changing and we as Veterans need to come with the times and understand we also have to change. We need to find meaningful solutions that provide some meaningful results. We need to understand that Seamus, the person who follows Seamus, the Liberals, the other parties, they are not our friend in terms of fixing the system where it will be inline with the previous system. Folks, this is not going to happen. We need to focus outside the government circle in our fight, we need to do this to bring the fight to the government. The nvc was produced by the bureaucrats to do one thing, to create future security for those same bureaucrats. The proof of this is starring us all in the face, and no government party will fix this by negotiation simply because each time there's negotiation, the government runs to the bureaucrats for the answer. It's a lose - lose for the Veterans. We must continue to keep the public informed of the cruelness, lack of respect the government has towards it's Veterans.

BTW, this Bullshyte response by Seamus has been put together by the bureaucrats.

I heard today that one ex military female who worked as an assistant to Hehr, left her position because the bureaucrats would not listen to her logic, her logic being that what was going on was not right, Veterans were being used and the circle of the MVA was doing nothing about it. Don't know if this is actually true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Mon 04 Dec 2017, 11:28 pm

Would that person by chance of been Karen McCrimmon Trooper?

That would explain why she didn't get the tap on the shoulder to replace Hehr. I heard she actually went toe to toe with them very often. Now that's a woman we need to try and have a chat with.
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Mon 04 Dec 2017, 11:56 pm

lets hope that this bill that is so important will not be held up or kicked to the curb

First Reading of John Brassard - MP for Barrie-Innisfil - Private Members Bill C-378 – December 1, 2017

Speaking in the House of Commons today on John Brassard - MP for Barrie-Innisfil - Private Members Bill C-378, an act to amend the Veterans Affairs Act to enact principles of a covenant between this and future governments and our Veterans.

See video... https://www.facebook.com/JohnBrassardCPC/videos/1218205224946769/

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:37 am

Well Bosn it doesn't really matter what is in a bill. Today's decision has basically said just because it's in a legislative bill the ONLY sacred obligation Canadians have is to Indigenous People.

So any mention of sacred obligation or covenant that does not have the phrase "Indigenous People" in any bill in government means jack squat!

We are at the mercy of the government of the day for what they say is "appropriate" for veterans.
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 05 Dec 2017, 6:19 am

JAFO wrote:Would that person by chance of been Karen McCrimmon Trooper?

That would explain why she didn't get the tap on the shoulder to replace Hehr.  I heard she actually went toe to toe with them very often.  Now that's a woman we need to try and have a chat with.

Correct, it was Karen.

There's no place for you if you don't fit into their circle.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 05 Dec 2017, 6:22 am

JAFO wrote:Well Bosn it doesn't really matter what is in a bill.  Today's decision has basically said just because it's in a legislative bill the ONLY sacred obligation Canadians have is to Indigenous People.

So any mention of sacred obligation or covenant that does not have the phrase "Indigenous People" in any bill in government means jack squat!

We are at the mercy of the government of the day for what they say is "appropriate" for veterans.

JAFO,

You are so right.

Make no mistake, the Canadian government is no friend to the disabled Veterans.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Dec 2017, 6:26 am

No tears well be shed nor a sorry will be uttered from this PM to Canada's Veteran.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Dec 2017, 7:05 am

Headline News for Twenty-Seventeen

Canadian Veterans lose fight in court.

vs.

Omar K. receives $10.5 million lawsuit

I was a child soldier.
I Served overseas and learned to shoot small targets under a hockey arena, while other boys chased pucks above.
I lived in an air raid shelter during my summer holidays as a young 856 Air cadet, fed BS from men in uniforms as screaming Hornets took off from the loudest golf course you would want to play golf next to.
My rights were violated.
I went overseas as a dependant by the Canadian Government.
Did I have a choice?

Make no mistake, that the people making these judgment have never served overseas.

And for the recent ones who were sent to Afghanistan and are injured physically and mentally!
Fight on! And keep on challenging the Government of Canada, challenge them "ALL THE WAY" in Court. ( I do believe they are all in cahoots with each other, regardless).
We have nothing to lose, but nothing will be gained either without a try.

Twilight zone is right. " talking to the troops through these great media forums"

We all have our histories and what our brother and sisterhood have accomplished in our small military family through out Canada's growth as a Nation.

My grandfather a Word War I Veteran. My father 32 years, Service with long service with the Airborne, prior to the name change (my dad's basement full of plaques on wood with the messes he paid his dues into).
Myself six years in the Navy and nine years as a Commissionaire in a Federal Correctional Facility.
My wife, her grandfather was in the Atlantic and was torpedoed by German ship during the war and lived to talk about it.
So,
"When I see a member of the Canadian Armed Forces today, I want to reach out and tell them my experience with the VAC system and the way the transition is handled"
I/We want the best for our men and women in uniform period.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:14 am

Seamus reacts to the court ruling.

Listen to his words carefully, you be the judge on whether or not he will make a difference.

Video:

http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/pd/1504627604001/201712/1213/1504627604001_5667485755001_5663572721001.mp4?pubId=1504627604001&videoId=5663572721001
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Dec 2017, 8:55 am

At least Veterans are being heard.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

This story which needs to be heard will be out of the news cycle by tomorrow. We'll be back to being the "un-heard" and then it's Christmas and then it all gets swept under the carpet again. FUBAR

prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum