Message from Aaron Bedard Dec 17, 2017

Go down

Message from Aaron Bedard Dec 17, 2017

Post by Trooper on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:49 am

I have been 24/7 in my brain and on my phone working for the veterans for two months solid now . Despite a tbi and ptsd. My brand new IPhone7 has been requiring a recharge by 3-5pm everyday. So that might give you an idea of my output lately. You only see the sound bites of what’s going on through my output on FB. I can’t go into the details because I can’t afford to get sued.

This past months I take calls several times a day from vets and government media and people who advise me. Then I’m studying through links and strategizing for the years ahead. It’s been nonstop lately.

In 2013 I would have snapped and lost control if I was going through what I’m going through now. I’m much stronger now. This Veteran Guerrilla Radio effort has helped me work on my presentation skills and fear of public speaking. The support you have showed me has been pretty good. Not great but heck we all get busy and can’t stick our head in the bucket of scorpions everyday. I do. I had no clue how far this EQUITAS mission would go and how much work would be involved. No clue.

This effort has forced me to get stronger. Meaning and purpose. We all need that. It’s essential. I got thrown into the deep end doing this. I had no clue how far this was going To go.

Understand you can’t go through what I’m going through. Most of you silently watch our efforts. You cannot say anything for fear of reprisal from the government we serve. Can you imagine what I have gone through? I have been scared to death for years. This has been brutal.

I need your help. All of you. If the pension announcement is garbage we will need to unite. That will take work and so you will be important. You’ve been very comfortable sitting back and watching but to correct the direction of government will take a united effort. Your all quiet and I want you to enjoy the silence but it is about to change.

You all served this country. We care about this land like nobody else. So we’re willing to die for Canada. We are about to unite. Get ready.
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Message from Aaron Bedard Dec 17, 2017

Post by bosn181 on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:27 am

if there was ever a time that vets would finally come together i do think this will be the time with social media and protests i think vets are more likely to stand together than ever before i will try my hardest along with a few other vets on pei to help do our part with you

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:08 am

Justin Trudeau on Veterans Affairs

In the House of Commons on November 25th, 2014. See this statement in context.

Veterans Affairs
Oral Questions
November 25th, 2014 / 2:25 p.m.
Liberal

Justin Trudeau   Papineau, QC
Mr. Speaker, we have a sacred obligation to our veterans, but too many are struggling alone against mental illness. The Auditor General has concluded that the government is failing them. Since 2006, 128 veterans have waited three to seven years to find out if they even qualify for mental health benefits.
How could the Prime Minister let this happen?

Prior to being elected.

On record!!!
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

Since 2006, 128 veterans waited seven years?
Now how many is there?

Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:18 pm

I want to get involved in this quest for unity. What we need is one group to get behind. We have so many splinter groups how can we all join voices to be heard loud and clear.

prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

If the wait times were reduced. If the benefits were easier to get.

Then if a soldier is receiving ELB for life,CIA, CIAs, in addition to a lump sum payment, plus full med care for illnesses , plus CPP(d) PSHCP and a family dental plan--- THEN i can see an additional $1200 per month for life being acceptable.

But too many IFs the wait times havent even been corrected that has been a problem since 1997!
ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:17 pm

Just a bit of info regarding the above message from Aaron Bedard asking for support, and for unity.

Aaron is one of the Plaintiffs in the Equitas suit and runs the facebook page VETERAN GUERRILLA RADIO, VAG for short. https://www.facebook.com/groups/853095038155250/?ref=direct

He is looking for people to join his facebook page, and to send all contacts to his page.

I think what he is trying to accomplish is a one main fighting machine against the government with him running the show. In my opinion I certainly agree unity is key, and the more on the same page, the more effective the fight is.

As it stands today, Aaron has been working around the clock pretty much solo in advocating in a public venue doing interviews. Mike Blais did some public advocating around remembrance, and is now in direct contact with Aaron.

Aaron is trying to raise funds starting next summer from Veteran groups across Canada where the funds go to him for a new group he wants to start for Jan 2019.

You have to give the guy credit for his hard work, sacrifice, and dedication. That is rough on anyone and can take a toll on your health real fast.

I agree wholeheartedly with his message, and hope he has great success in getting the support his looking for. This forum will not be joining his page, not because I don't agree with his objective, because we are not open to give our Identities, and our main objective is to help Veterans get the benefits that are available for application. Our advocating is done in the form of discussions we have among the forum, and for those who want to use the info we share here for their use outside the forum.

I think in today's world unity among Veterans is one hell of a task to achieve, every group, every site has their own unique beliefs, we a far apart on many issues, and we have an ego problem that doesn't seem to want let go. The Veterans Charter has divided Veterans right across the board. People don't like taking advice from others because their way is the only way. Tactics that worked in the past are embedded in some that just won't believe in tactic change. This is what Aaron is facing with this objective. So hard to accomplish, but not impossible.

As for my advice on jumping on board to join the group, I don't discourage it, nor encourage it. That is a personal choice that is made between each individuals. Just a reminder that there's always the possibility when a Veteran goes public by name, be it facebook, or any other setting where you choose to share your Identity, repercussion can follow.
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:43 pm

i knew a lady in nova scotia she worked for insurance company her job was to find people on things like facebook that were on workmans comp she would try to friend them seeing how some people just wanted to have more people on there list and she would gather info on them to see if the insurance could catch them to deny benefits that way about 10 years ago i never did like using them nor bother with getting all set up now

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

I'm with you Bosn. I have nothing on me when I google my name. I worked as a PI for a while when I got out and Facebook is the friend of many investigators.

prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 6:31 am

Upcoming System Maintenance

Please note that due to maintenance, the My VAC Account system will be unavailable from 5:30am - 9:30am (EST), Tuesday, December 19. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down