Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

+2
Dannypaj
Trooper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life Empty Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

Post by Trooper Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

Facebook Live for a Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life.
Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life 26734474_1984995445082826_2984886910414515748_n
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life Empty Re: Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

Post by Dannypaj Tue 16 Jan 2018, 7:48 am

"The first and most important thing Canada has to do is get rid of the little boy that is ruining Canada. He can't even answer the questions that he is asked.I don't think that um da err ah is an answer to anything. He sounds like a broken toy. We all know what you do with a broken toy, throw it away and get a new one, a better one."

Found the above statement on Facebook.

Are they our elected officials?

No.  They are in power on a lie.

Is it a breach of our Human rights?

Yes. They are in power on a lie.

When a Retired Major of the CF is asking the hard question in a public forum, Huston (Canada) we have a problem with our leadership.

This also found on Facebook (The Veterans Banish Site)
My question is one of equity. Leaving aside the fact that Trudeau ran on the promise to reinstate The Pension Act.

Q1 How can elected officials justify one C.F. member being covered under the Act 31 March 2006 and another C.F. member injured 1April 2006 receiving a lump sum payment say at the maximum amount for 100% Disability which only equates to 8 years under the Pension Act?

Question 2. How do you justify receiving a life long pension for 6 years in parliament but deny those who were injured in service to Canada a decent pension?

Q3 Why weren't C.F. members consulted directly on the NVC like the RCMP were?

Here's the thing.

I was never into politics.

We've all been drawn into this with a promise to reinstate our Pension Act.

Say what you want, but when you go and announce this to obtain votes and it isn't fulfilled as promised, it seems that we blame the bureaucrats.

Who are the real people whom are responsible for this gaff?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life Empty Re: Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

Post by Forcell Tue 16 Jan 2018, 4:24 pm

Forcell
Forcell
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 5:17 pm

once again the ? i have still goes unanswered lol. will the people on cia and sup that will be grandfathered in be tax free? i do recall him saying that cia and sup would be tax free but they did not say for who it will be tax free, and everytime i call vac they say we don't know.

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 5:18 pm

i know i am crazy but to be sure its not just in my head did anyone else hear him say it would be tax free when they first came out with annoucement.

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 16 Jan 2018, 6:15 pm

bosn181 wrote:once again the ? i have still goes unanswered lol.  will the people on cia and sup that will be grandfathered in be tax free? i do recall him saying that cia and sup would be tax free but they did not say for who it will be tax free, and everytime i call vac they say we don't know.

I would not pay to much attention from these 2 yard birds, IE: Seamus and Walt.

First off there's three new benefits that makes the pension for life.

Pain and Suffering Compensation (PSC) reflects the tax free Monthly pension which does not include any of the six combined benefits that is going to be eliminated.

Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation (APSC) The benefit recognizes that severe and permanent impairments may create barriers to establishing themselves in post-service life. The monthly amount payable is based on the extent of the Veteran's permanent and severe impairment. It takes into consideration such things as a Veterans' mobility, requirements for supervision and the need for assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing and dressing).

It will be payable at three grade levels with $1500/month being the highest and $500/month the lowest.

Income Replacement Benefit (IRB) reflects the six eliminated benefits, however only four of the eliminated benefits fit into the (IRB), Earnings Loss Benefit, Extended Earnings Loss Benefit, Supplementary Retirement Benefit and the Retirement Income Security Benefit. I don't see the CIA, and the CIA Supplement anywhere in this benefit.

One thing they failed to mentioned was that the IRB is For those who have a permanent physical or mental health problem that results in a reduced earning capacity, the Income Replacement Benefit will continue after the completion of the rehabilitation plan and will reduce at age 65 to 70% of the pre-age 65 amount (less offsets).
Remember those offsets, they will reduce this IRB, and put the merits of this particular benefit in question.

Now you heard both say that the CIA, and the CIA Supplement is grandfathered into the (IRB). And no Veteran will lose money. This is false, they are not grandfathered in because the benefits are being eliminated. They say that the money from the CIA, and the CIA Supplement  is built into the (IRB)? This is false, the CIA, and the CIA Supplement is not built into the (IRB). Veterans who are now receiving the CIA, and the CIA Supplement will lose it come April 01, 2019.

You all need to pay attention to the strong points that both have made, no going back to the pension act because all parties voted for the NVC, and the pension act did nothing for the Veterans. They both stress that it's all about transition both medically and non medically released soldiers, and to do everything possible to get disabled veterans Off Pensions, and back into the Work Force!

Now I would like someone to write some logic as to why Veterans and Veteran groups should continue to negotiate with the mindsets you have witnessed today?
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon Tue 16 Jan 2018, 7:48 pm

Hi Trooper. I hate to play devils advocate, but.... Even though the CIA and the CIA supplement are technically not in the IRB, I think we will see for all current NVC vets that our IRB will reflect those amounts. And they will probably use the APSC to settle the score if the IRB does not get us up to previous amounts. The political @#$ storm that would ensue would be insane if they didn't. However, for Vets after 2019, all bets are off. I would hate to be getting an award after 1 April 2019. I fear for those fellow soldiers.

On another note. I get what they are trying to do. Are they saving money, yeah, they are. And I get the logic that a Veteran who is able to function better in society, is better off personally. I am going through this right now. It is unfortunate that I feel pushed by VAC to get rehab'd, but at the same time I believe I will be better off in the long run. I just hate them for the stress they are putting me through to get there. If only we could have the security off the PA and the rehab of the NVC.

Dameon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

This is false, the CIA, and the CIA Supplement is not built into the (IRB). Veterans who are now receiving the CIA, and the CIA Supplement will lose it come April 01, 2018.

Trooper apr 1 2018 or 2019?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:22 pm

I agree, but I think that the IRB will include that amount for Veterans currently under the NVC. If they were to just take it away they would be shorting a lot of Veterans at months end, and there is no way they could handle the media crash that would happen if disabled Veterans in the hundreds or thousands could no longer pay their mortgage. You know that they will manipulate the bottom line to make sure that us existing folk end up at par, or slightly above. Going forward past Apr 2019 though, that is going to be tough.

Dameon

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:51 pm

Dameon wrote:Hi Trooper. I hate to play devils advocate, but.... Even though the CIA and the CIA supplement are technically not in the IRB, I think we will see for all current NVC vets that our IRB will reflect those amounts. And they will probably use the APSC to settle the score if the IRB does not get us up to previous amounts. The political @#$ storm that would ensue would be insane if they didn't. However, for Vets after 2019, all bets are off. I would hate to be getting an award after 1 April 2019. I fear for those fellow soldiers.

On another note. I get what they are trying to do. Are they saving money, yeah, they are. And I get the logic that a Veteran who is able to function better in society, is better off personally. I am going through this right now. It is unfortunate that I feel pushed by VAC to get rehab'd, but at the same time I believe I will be better off in the long run. I just hate them for the stress they are putting me through to get there. If only we could have the security off the PA and the rehab of the NVC.

Dameon,

Regarding the CIA and the CIA Supplement as it relates to the IRB you may be correct in your thinking, and I certainly hope you are but I think we will see a mixture of opinions on the subject. It's the best we have at this stage is to guess or give our opinions.

It's good to see some somewhat positive thoughts towards the system, and those responsible for the system.

For me I'm a person who goes back to the pension act, and have been paying attention to both systems pre and post 2006. I have seen the workings of the government on the Veterans file, and know their tactics. For some having a somewhat positive view of the whole picture is valid to them in their own beliefs, and I applaud that because it serves those individuals, and can have a positive effect on their well being. I don't expect all to be against the workings of our file, but from my chair the faith is just not there. Nothing has convinced me that the workings of our file since April 2006 has been justified or fair. It's very hard for me to hear both Walt, and Seamus talk those words without me saying they are both wrong. They do not have the best interest of Veterans and their families simply because it is the bureaucrats that have worked all of this out, and Seamus is signing off on it because he doesn't know any better. I think a person who really and truly understands the whole picture understands the inequality of both systems, it's as simple as that, and it really hurts to see or hear talk from those responsible for the Veterans file to praise this PFL as something that is of improvement when it really isn't. I promise you this, as time passes and April 2019 approaches we will see an increase in disabled Veterans joining the negative group of Veterans who not only dislike the new PFL but the whole of the NVC.

What you saw today in the Q & A really did not answer much, and was more of a combined selling the PFL, and public relations Venue.

But this is just my own opinion, I respect all opinions for or against.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:59 pm

ScottyG wrote:This is false, the CIA, and the CIA Supplement is not built into the (IRB). Veterans who are now receiving the CIA, and the CIA Supplement will lose it come April 01, 2018.

Trooper apr 1 2018 or 2019?

2019 Scotty,

Thanks I fixed it.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

Dameon wrote:I agree, but I think that the IRB will include that amount for Veterans currently under the NVC. If they were to just take it away they would be shorting a lot of Veterans at months end, and there is no way they could handle the media crash that would happen if disabled Veterans in the hundreds or thousands could no longer pay their mortgage. You know that they will manipulate the bottom line to make sure that us existing folk end up at par, or slightly above. Going forward past Apr 2019 though, that is going to be tough.

Well if you look at the IRB as it relates to the CIA CIA Supplement it's just not there. They say it is but it isn't.

Another way of looking at it is the offsets from the IRB. The CIA CIA Supplement have no offsets, how then can they include this into the IRB as they say it is?

The CIA CIA Supplement is being eliminated, the grandfather clause was mentioned but not in a way that grandfathers those already receiving it come April 2019. It was referred as being eliminated but combined into the IRB which really means eliminating it which is just a selling point using words to deflect the reality of losing the CIA and the CIA Supplement.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 17 Jan 2018, 7:02 am

https://www.facebook.com/Mike.Blais.RCR/videos/10210995231576652/

Thanks Mike.

State it like it is....
Get angry!
We all were lied to.

Now, if all was honky dory, this wouldn't be happening
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 17 Jan 2018, 7:43 am

Couple of other public forum feed back.

Social media, the ears of our Veteran's communication.
This is a great communication tool, created just in time for us to stop this PFL from happening in the way they plan to dictate the way it will unfold.

Quotes,,,, interesting

"Hey twice today I spotted comments on a VAC post or the Ministers post that were critical of Veteran complaints and spun a positive message. I reported the profiles to Facebook and have received replies that they’ve removed the accounts. Brutal tactics!"

"Boy it sure is great all parties agreed the pension act was no good, out of curiosity how many of those members were veterans? You keep mentioning vets well being. What do you think is the biggest cause of stress after release? Let me tell you as someone who has been there. It’s the inability to take care of your wife and months old daughter despite working 50 hours a week because the only jobs you can get after service pay less then 15 bucks an hour. That’s what makes you want to end it so they get you life insurance policy because if you can’t provide in life you can at least make sure they are taken care of."

The second quote tops it all off.

Try finding true meaningful gainful employment after serving in the Canadian Armed forces?

Commissionaires NS was my saving grace at the time.

No benefits, Zer0 $ coming from SISIP and VAC for 14 years.....No pension.

Released on a the 3b medical and no help....but I advocated for myself for years.

This is not where I am stopping.

$10,500,000 that was an easy one to solve for the bureaucrats.

Polish turd as much  as you want; it is still turd once it is polished.

You all messed up.  
And now your putting this show on to fool who?  
Yes, yourselves.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:12 am

I am sure this script isn't  unfolding as easily as they want it to.
Look, no one is buying into this PFL morning live AM show and which is rebroadcasted infinitely (posted it to the VAC webpage).
Just stating the obvious, but does it not look like a CTV failed production.

We have a team of veterans.  
Maybe in the past it was in person at a legion, but now it is the future.
We now know that there is still a WW2 vet in a Quebec hospital calling out the GOC. BZ Wolf!
Come on!
We are asking for fair treatment.
Government of Canada, Canadians love their veterans.
Take care of your veterans.
We are your brightest and sharpest obedient people, hence we will be relentless and prevail.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next