Lifetime pensions for veterans

Go down

Lifetime pensions for veterans

Post by Spider on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Spider

Back to top Go down

Re: Lifetime pensions for veterans

Post by vet1 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:27 pm

"The veterans who received lump sum payments under the New Veterans Charter will also be reassessed and may be eligible for an additional monthly amount."
Another BS condition. How many times do I need to be reassessed by those morons at vac?
How many more re=ass=essers do they need to hire again? then train them and then tell you to wait for a year for their negative decision?

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 pm

vet1 wrote:"The veterans who received lump sum payments under the New Veterans Charter will also be reassessed and may be eligible for an additional monthly amount."
Another BS condition. How many times do I need to be reassessed  by those morons at vac?
How many more re=ass=essers do they need to hire again? then train them and then tell you to wait for a year for their negative decision?  

That's the whole Idea behind the NVC/PFL to create as much work for the bureaucrats for future security, they are certainly succeeding at it. The bureaucrats are doing an excellent job looking after themselves, and our new Minister seems to think this new PFL is going to be the cats meow for Veterans. They change the PIA - Supplement to CIA - Supplement now only to eliminate the CIA and the CIA Supplement all of this within a 36 Month period. Now if this is not job creation, I don't know what is. VAC is a joke, and the sad part is it's getting worse.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm

what gets my goat is they told us they taking there time to get it right. now they say ok we sat on our hands for last two years but now we need to take more time to hire more and get ready to put it in place. why did they not hire more from the start get rid of back log and be ready to move on this. oh wait they need something to come out just in time to try and get re elected i guess before we can get the smoke to clear and see how this new plan is really going to effect everyone. bad thing about training us to fight is lying to us and hoping we still going to have there six.

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I thought I also heard that after age 65, they would have a minimum amount that you would get when some of your benefits stop due to age. Was it 48K?

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Nope...never mind.... I saw that at age 65 they reduce everything to 70%. Stupid...cause still takes the same amount of money to live.

Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Nemo wrote:I thought I also heard that after age 65, they would have a minimum amount that you would get when some of your benefits stop due to age.  Was it 48K?

Income Replacement Benefit

For those who have a permanent physical or mental health problem that results in a reduced earning capacity, the Income Replacement Benefit will continue after the completion of the rehabilitation plan and will reduce at age 65 to 70% of the pre-age 65 amount (less offsets).

Calculation of benefit: The benefit will be determined based on the higher of 90% of a Veteran's salary at release, indexed forward to current day, OR based on a minimum threshold ($48,600), indexed annually based on the Consumer Price Index. The minimum threshold is comparable to the middle-class tax bracket ($45,916 in 2017). The benefit will be offset by other income sources, such as benefits payable under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act, colloquially known as the CAF military pension.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life#questionsAndAnswers
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 am

What I am financial being administered at this current moment lines up to what I should be receiving under the Pension Act, that's the truth.
Now, what I don't like is the fact that it is called the PFL, or IRB, or it might as well be called the Canadian Armed Forces welfare program.
IDK

These two need to be defiantly called out and stated that they do not represent us.
What was voted upon unanimously across Canada was to Re-instate the Pension Act.
Are they selling you a used Car?
Potato chin and Uncle whatever he is called, should be told straight up to stop feeding us BS.

Our true leaders are us; the key board Commandos!
We may not be in Legions across Canada, but we can surely pull out our handy dandy Cell phone and instantly connect with one another.

Keep them dancing; the next election platform should be a doozey

Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 am

Dannypaj wrote:What I am financial being administered at this current moment lines up to what I should be receiving under the Pension Act, that's the truth.
Now, what I don't like is the fact that it is called the PFL, or IRB, or it might as well be called the Canadian Armed Forces welfare program.
IDK

These two need to be defiantly called out and stated that they do not represent us.
What was voted upon unanimously across Canada was to Re-instate the Pension Act.
Are they selling you a used Car?
Potato chin and Uncle whatever he is called, should be told straight up to stop feeding us BS.

Our true leaders are us; the key board Commandos!
We may not be in Legions across Canada, but we can surely pull out our handy dandy Cell phone and instantly connect with one another.

Keep them dancing; the next election platform should be a doozey

We need to boycott the government period!

We need to switch over to media, and protest.

We need to start anything but Liberal, now!!!

We need to take control of our advocacy in which we control the venue, we can only do this by boycotting the government completely. They had their chance and failed.

No more negotiating which is only feeding the governments PR agenda.

The promise was to reinstate lifelong pensions, period!

We need to enlighten the public on the truth behind a bureaucratic run Veterans file where the PM, and the MVA allow the bureaucrats to run our file.

We need to enlighten the public that we are treated as an insurance injury, and not as a soldier who sacrificed for this Country.

We need to enlighten the public that injured Veterans in Canada are forced into rehab, and forced back into the work force when the armed forces has medically released us.

We need to enlighten the public that there is a huge gap between the old pension act, and the NVC/PFL.

Those who are advocating publicly would be best to focus on anything but Liberal today, and to stop negotiating with the government.

Social media, news media, and public protest is our only hope of change at this point.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:15 am

Here's more ammo to our fight and it was written by his dad's GOC and signed off by (sorry) Her Royal Majesty.
(Section 15 of Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedom, says "1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law".)

So, for our case that failed before the provincial judge, the only recourse is the Supreme Court of Canada.
(Which yet again, the Supreme Court of Canada is connected to the hip of GOC)
Media, protest and shut them down as soon as possible, how?
It's happening slowly, because us veterans want to get it right as well.
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am

Here's one from the Dr.

Not a Veterans issue. Or Is it ? Sell Sell since the disastrous cross country tax sell it seems the next election is being fought on the taxpayers dime. So many broken promises. Veterans pension's being number uno for us. Now a plan being hard sold across the nation by the VAC minister but no numbers nor details from bureaucrats NVC is an example and we all know how that works. We see small changes but not near what we expected of a government that ran on Real Change! Time to start pressuring MP's that we need a fiduciary duty of the nation enacted into law for those that are injured in service to the nation. Once again they try to hoodwink us with platitudes and limited action and a take us at our word dialogue. Now it is time to pony up PM you screamed the nation had a duty to its Injured Veterans in opposition you pandered to us on your campaign and we are speaking back loud and clear you need to deliver or we shall have to decide if we start to deliver to you and your MP's our wrath. Over 100 years those that served our nation have been shortchanged and left with no recourse under law. Bureaucrats have been left to short change us on their whim citing legal terms and bullshit. Stand and Deliver or We shall stand and DEMAND . We are still being nickeled and dimed !

Plus this individual attends almost all public venues on our behalf as well (ref. the Veterans File)

So, the word is out on our treatment and it is amplifying socially in our best interest.
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 am

Dannypaj wrote:Here's more ammo to our fight and it was written by his dad's GOC and signed off by (sorry) Her Royal Majesty.
(Section 15 of Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedom, says "1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law".)

So, for our case that failed before the provincial judge, the only recourse is the Supreme Court of Canada.
(Which yet again, the Supreme Court of Canada is connected to the hip of GOC)
Media, protest and shut them down as soon as possible, how?
It's happening slowly, because us veterans want to get it right as well.

Here's the deal with the Equitas court case;

The ruling was based on Facts and Law.

The Canadian government can legislate, implement anything it wants with reference to the Veterans file. That is a fact that we must all understand. Do I like this? No I do not like it one bit but it is something that is set in place, and is fully controlled by the Canadian Government. The ruling of the Equitas case just confirmed it.
There's no real sacred obligation by the government to it's Veterans per se, it is a Moral Obligation in principal that is expected from the Canadian Government to it's disabled Veterans. Is this fair? In my opinion absolutely not! But it is fact, and the courts will recognize it as being a moral obligation, and not a sacred obligation that is Law or Fact.

I think before we set out to concur the government in our quest to bring back fairness to the Veterans file we must understand the above, we do not have to agree with it, but we must understand it.

When I write about boycotting the government, I look at two principals, 1. The above statement. 2. The complete failure to advance with the government in our attempt to negotiate with them since 2006.

As it stands today, the government has full control over our file, Q&A, Stakeholder Summits, Advisory committee, and any government hosted event has it's objective, and it's not to act on what Veterans, and groups bring forward, it's to show the Canadian public that the government is listening, and respecting our Veterans. To welcome the public relations feed that Veterans are giving to the government by attending these venues.

We need to take control of our file by taking control of the government. How is this done? First we have to boycott the government, secondly we need to focus on public protest which also means protesting on or around remembrance day, protesting against voting back in the Liberals, and this needs to start now. The media also must continue to report against the government. This is how Veterans, and groups take control. This is the only way in my opinion to fight our government. Negotiating has not, and will not work.
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 pm

We need someone to pen a nice, solid letter to the Queen and UN Human Rights office.
That would get on the news quickly.
Love that new term you came up with " CAF Welfare Program' . I will start using it (if you don't mind). Love it.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down