Where is the Media?
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Saunders Feb 15, 2018 Parliament Hill Protest

Post by Trooper on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

‎Scott Newman‎ to One Voice for Canadian Veterans

A few pics during my participation at todays gathering on Heartbreak Hill.

Feb 15, 2018

Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 4:47 pm

Lou A. Núñez shared Michael Blais's live video.

Parliament Hill Veterans Protest

Feb 15, 2018

Click not now when prompted to log in - to view the video

https://www.facebook.com/Mike.Blais.RCR/videos/10211243032051509/
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 5:28 pm

Veterans rally highlights
'abhorrent' treatment,
inequalities

EMMA GRANEY

Published on: February 15, 2018

Former master corporal Chance Burles stood outside the Alberta legislature building Thursday morning, talking with buddies as they warmed their hands against the -20C chill with cups of coffee.

Leaning on a cane, a Canadian flag propped in his backpack, the Afghanistan veteran shrugged as he listed his physical ailments from years in the Armed Forces — a herniated disc in his back courtesy of his vehicle being blown up by an IED in 2008, knee and shoulder problems, hearing damage, tinnitus, post-traumatic stress.

“Lots of things,” he said with a chuckle.

Burles was one of around 30 veterans who braved the February cold on the steps of the building to take part in a local chapter of the national Left in the Cold rally, joining veterans from Victoria to Newfoundland at cenotaphs, city halls and legislatures across the country.

The gatherings are to demonstrate the raw deal veterans get when they return to Canada, Burles said — the court cases, the piles of paperwork when dealing with Veterans Affairs Canada, the lacklustre budget for supports.

“The thing we’re trying to get across today is that we’re still here,” Burles said.

“We’re still a voice. We may be beat up, we may be walking around with canes, we’ve got people here in wheelchairs, but we are one voice. We’re fighters, and we’re not going to let this go.”

Burles organized the Edmonton rally, and said he feels let down by a successive series of federal governments, from the former Conservatives to the current Liberal administration.

Veterans Affairs has been plagued with issues since its charter was overhauled in 2006, he said, leading to the sometimes “abhorrent” treatment of Canadian veterans.

Burles admits not every interaction with Veterans Affairs is horrible. His own was “pretty positive,” with helpful programs and the ability to get the medications he needs (although he does face challenges getting them in a timely manner).

Another concern — shared by veterans demonstrating across Canada Thursday — is the two-tier compensation of those who served prior to Afghanistan and those who served in Afghanistan.

“My two sons, if they grow up and join the military, I want them to be covered for any hardships they have to endure,” Burles said.

“I want it to be fair, so there’s no differentiation between people.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/veterans-rally-highlights-abhorrent-treatment-inequalities
Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

John Brassard - MP for Barrie-Innisfil was live.

Feb 15, 2018

Please watch the live stream this morning as I will speak in support of the Conservative Opposition Day Motion that call for the government to apologize and support our veterans

https://www.facebook.com/JohnBrassardCPC/videos/1282007485233209/
Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:13 pm

Joseph Grimm Toronto Old city hall cenotaph..veterans left in the cold protest..support our vets!suppoet our troops!Canada strong and free!

Feb 15, 2018

Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:25 pm

Power Play: Veterans protest at Parliament Hill

Feb 15, 2018

Veterans Affairs Minister Seamus O'Regan and
Canadian Forces Veteran Sean Bruyea discuss
the controversy over veterans pensions.

Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:55 pm

Local veterans join nationwide protest for changes to
benefits program

By Olivia Condon

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Veterans gather outside the Royal Canadian Legion in Fort McMurray, Alta. on Thursday, February 15, 2018. Olivia Condon/Fort McMurray Today/Postmedia Network

A crowd gathered outside Fort McMurray's Royal Canadian Legion branch Thursday morning to protest federal changes to benefits for veterans, joining other rallies across Canada.

During speeches under the cenotaph at the Waterways location, communications officer Bill Rockwell said veterans are being treated like “disposable equipment."

“We are showing solidarity with veterans and concerned citizens across the country to tell the government to do better,” he said. “Veterans are not from Mars; veterans are mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, brothers, sisters and more. They deserve respect and dignity from the government.”

Specifically, Rockwell and the other veterans were referring to recent federal revamp of the veterans' pension system, which has been met with frustration from veterans across Canada.

Many of the complaints began after a 2006 overhauling at Veterans Affairs that introduced the New Veterans Charter. Instead of lifetime pensions, the new act offered large lump sum payments to injured service people.

The latest proposal would see these lifetime pensions for disabled veterans resume but to a monthly maximum of $1,150.

“Veterans were willing to die for this place,” Rockwell said. “So if [the] budget includes money for so many different causes and purposes why can't [it] look after the people who are literally willing to give it all for this country.”

Recently, a townhall meeting in Edmonton earlier this month sparked outrage when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said some veteran groups were “asking for more than [the government] can give right now.”

Trudeau was responding to a question that asked why the federal government was still fighting these groups in court, despite promising during the 2015 election court battles over compensation would end.

It was asked by Brock Blaszcyak, a retired corporal who lost his left leg in 2009 in Afghanistan.

"I was prepared to be killed in action. I wasn't prepared for Canada turning its back on me," Blaszcyak said at the event.

Kurt Nelson, who also served in Afghanistan, said Thursday he is concerned these recent policy changes are hurting the future of the Canadian Armed Forces, as well as its veterans.

“Nobody is joining anymore,” Nelson, 38, said. “We pay a lot of taxes, and yet there's no money to give like we're some charity organization? I don't think so.”

“Why not take care of your warriors?

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2018/02/15/local-veterans-join-nationwide-protest-for-changes-to-benefits-program

Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 8:55 pm

Rob Brenda McGuin O'Neill Victoria BC Veterans movement

Feb 15, 2018

Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm

Brad Locke Currently the only one braving the cold at the Cold Lake Cenoraph

Feb 15, 2018

Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 9:31 pm

Stan Rockwell These are a group of vets who stood by our Cenotaph. Sorry Victoria but we had whit not green stuff lol

Feb 15, 2018

Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

The Unforgiven - Metallica

[Verse] (US CF SOLDIERS)

New blood joins this earth  and quickly he's subdued.
Through constant pain disgrace, the young boy learns their rules.
With time the child draws in this whipping boy done wrong.
Deprived of all his thoughts, the young man struggles on and  on.
He knows,  oo, a  vow unto  his own that never from this day
his will they'll take a - way.

What I've felt, what I've known never shined through in what I've shown.
Never be. Never see. Won't see what might have been.
What I've felt, what I've known,never shined through in what I've shown.
Never free. Never me. So I dub the unforgiven.

[Verse]  (bureaucrats/politicians)

They dedicate their lives to running all of his (WITH THE NVC)
He tries to please them all, this bitter man he is
Throughout the life the same, he's battled constantly
This fight he cannot win. A tired man they see no longer cares.
The old man then prepares to die regretfully
That old man here is me.

[Chorus]

What I've felt, what I've known never shined through in what I've shown.
Never be. Never see. Won't see what might have been.
What I've felt, what I've known,never shined through in what I've shown.
Never free. Never me. So I dub the unforgiven.

Junior needs to be defeated next elections! 
You're part of the problem or part of the solution.

The rich will stay rich, the poor will stay poor and we are left doing they dirty deeds of the trough people and handful of Judas within our own veteran's community.
Standing united with a politician who stood up to a soldier in verbal combat and lost ,instead of their own kind.
Money and power!
How it changes (some) people.

Living pay to pay, what a life! And released as a one hook private; with absolutely zilch.
20 years of fighting  VAC/DND/VRAB.
Unforgivable for the next generation.
(My children do not want anything to do with the military and that's their own decision, not mine)
The First lesson I learned as a Commissionaire, "I shyte you not", (do not apologize to anyone).

Just fix the system that is in place to help us veterans.

That bill should of been brought up by M.C and A.B not by a whole party of CONS and  of course we all knew the outcome prior to the vote "as a Liberal you vote it down or it admits fault and responsibility."

These two parties are working hand in hand in the background, trying to show that the GOC is appeasing their military in the old public fashion way with false and misleading information.

Leaving veterans wading in a system that has no rhyme or reason is a sin

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 9:59 am

Spencer Fernando

INSIGHT INTO NEWS, MONEY, POLITICS, & CULTURE

LEFT OUT IN THE COLD’: Veterans
Across Canada Protest For Better
Treatment

SPENCERFERNANDO - FEBRUARY 15, 2018

It’s shameful that our brave Canadian Veterans
have to protest in front of Parliament for the
support and benefits they were promised.

Across Canada, Canadian Veterans protested for better treatment from the federal government.

Organized by Colin Saunders, the main protest took place on Parliament Hill,
with additional protests happening in other cities across our nation.

Earlier this week, Veterans Trevor Sanderson and Dick Groot camped out in Ottawa, drawing attention to the failures in the system for helping treat Veterans, and pointing out the gap between what the government promised Veterans, and what is actually being delivered.

Many people spoke in support of Veterans, including the organizer – Veteran Colin Saunders, and Conservative candidate/Veteran Mike Lalonde. Some of their remarks are included below:

The protest was called “Left Out In The Cold,” which truly describes how Canada’s Veterans have been treated.

As Lalonde said, “Canada needs to stand up for Veterans with the same dedication that veterans have given Canada.”

A key point that got attention was Justin Trudeau’s widely-condemned remarks at a town hall, where he told Veteran Brock Blaszczyk that Canadian Vets were asking for too much.

Saunders said Trudeau’s comment made him “feel disgusted and sick inside, that someone could say that. I mean Brock gave so much and sacrificed so much, and to hear that from somebody who doesn’t understand sacrifice, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, it made me sick, it made me want to take my medals and throw them in the garbage.”

Saunders has it 100% right.

Canadian Veterans were willing to sacrifice literally everything, willing to give their lives on behalf of the Canadian people. It’s a disgrace that Trudeau said they were asking for too much, and it’s a disgrace that the government failed to keep their promise to Canada’s Veterans.

That must come to an end.

Even if it takes billions, the government must fully restore the lifelong pension, and make it clear that every Veteran – without exception – will receive the full help and support they earned through service to Canada.

Anything less brings shame upon the government, and shame upon our country.

Spencer Fernando

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/02/15/left-cold-veterans-across-canada-protest-better-treatment/
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 10:37 am

15 Feb 2018 Protest Fredericton NB.

Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 10:42 am

Veterans in St. John’s join national protest at
war memorial

Feb 15, 2018

https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/wpas.ntv.ca/Pre-Roll+Ads/CBDC/OCTOBER/CBDC-TwinShores-10Sec-English.mp4
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next