Veteran News Seems to Fade Fast

Go down

Veteran News Seems to Fade Fast

Post by Trooper on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 7:51 pm

I have noticed a trend when it comes to Veterans being in the news, the news is reported, and within a day or so it's like everything that was reported has vanished.

Starting with Remembrance you see, and hear lots of support for Veterans, but after the 11th, we seem to have vanished off the grid.

We have the Appeal Court Ruling Dec 04, 2017, lots of support, then the news fades away.

We have the Pension For Life announcement on Dec 20, 2017, lots of news, lots of support for a few days, and then it slows to a crawl until it like everything else vanishes. On this one it still rumbles a bit, but it's like a victory for the government in pulling away from continuing to read or see it making the headlines in the news.

Then we had Equitas announcement of taken pension battle with Liberals to Supreme Court on Jan 31, 2018. This news faded quickly.

Then we had the across the Country protest on Feb 15, 2018 Which in my opinion was a great success but also faded out quickly.

The Veterans and Veteran groups deserve a lot of praise for what they are doing, a lot of them get burnt out from all of this which is understandable, and a well deserve rest is certainly a good call.

I think the opposition, MP's, the media, and the general public would do disabled Veterans a great service if they were to keep the pressure on the government during our time of rest or in some cases recovery. Without this the whole Veterans fight against the government I would think favors the government, and puts Veterans in the rear again in terms of what we have accomplished with our public engagements or protest.

Just my personal opinion on this, don't know if it makes any sense or not but it's an opinion/thought.
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Veteran News Seems to Fade Fast

Post by Wolfman on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:13 pm

Trooper wrote:I have noticed a trend when it comes to Veterans being in the news, the news is reported, and within a day or so it's like everything that was reported has vanished.

Starting with Remembrance you see, and hear lots of support for Veterans, but after the 11th, we seem to have vanished off the grid.

We have the Appeal Court Ruling Dec 04, 2017, lots of support, then the news fades away.

We have the Pension For Life announcement on Dec 20, 2017, lots of news, lots of support for a few days, and then it slows to a crawl until it like everything else vanishes. On this one it still rumbles a bit, but it's like a victory for the government in pulling away from continuing to read or see it making the headlines in the news.

Then we had Equitas announcement of taken pension battle with Liberals to Supreme Court on Jan 31, 2018. This news faded quickly.

Then we had the across the Country protest on Feb 15, 2018 Which in my opinion was a great success but also faded out quickly.

The Veterans and Veteran groups deserve a lot of praise for what they are doing, a lot of them get burnt out from all of this which is understandable, and a well deserve rest is certainly a good call.

I think the opposition, MP's, the media, and the general public would do disabled Veterans a great service if they were to keep the pressure on the government during our time of rest or in some cases recovery. Without this the whole Veterans fight against the government I would think favors the government, and puts Veterans in the rear again in terms of what we have accomplished with our public engagements or protest.

Just my personal opinion on this, don't know if it makes any sense or not but it's an opinion/thought.

Unfortunately Trooper that's the way it's always been, and probably always will be.
Wolfman

News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:07 pm

Trooper wrote . . .

" I think the opposition, MP's, the media, and the general public would do disabled Veterans a great service if they were to keep the pressure on "

I happen to feel the general public could and should prod the opposition, MP's, and the media.

But here's my take . . .
Canadians don't stand up for their own rights in general at all, until it effects them very personally.
Enter apathy . . .

And I'll add that, yes Wolfman, that's the way it's always been, and probably always will be.  (not out of context)  . . .

Just a few thoughts.

pinger.
pinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 6:00 am

Where are the celebrities?
The Canadian ones speaking up.....Not even a mention from any sport's teams (maybe Don Cherry).
Do people really care about their injured soldier?
Apparently not, look at the house of uncommon sense.

Security for life....
Diminshed earnings capacity, totally presently impaired, 100%.....BS

Under the Pension Act = No such control.
What a system this is.
Scandalous.
You medically release a member; and go on dragging on decisions for the soldier's entire life.
Come election, the GOC as a whole ( no matter what party; changes their tune once in charge).

Voting........"Does it really work?"

We are now almost into the last year of this four year cycle and it is been one JUAN of a ride.

Trust issues as Canadians?
The lawyer for O.K is now a Judge, so make your make own choices, be your own best advocate and stand up to the GOC.

A.B states it'll be CPL against Generals..
No, it'll be everyone of us standing up from PVT to General (the ones with common sense) that'll expose and rid us of this crock pot of BS.

Veterans want results and resolution.
Or
Does Veterans Affair's do this on purpose to create and maintain their own careers, on the backs of injured Canadian Veterans.
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 6:28 am

Why didn't the party I/you vote for implemente everything as stated?
They could be golden for all Canadians.
But, everything went sideways fast for this elected party,why?
We can fill an entire page of why, this isn't hard.
Listening to them speak over all the nonsense questions, quotes and quires, in Question Period... all scripted, for the benefit of who?  
Reality...The trough people, it would seem.
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down