Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medric Cousineau

+12
Lionfield
Navigator
Victor
Gridlock
Marshall
Rifleman
Charlie
Hammercore
Lincoln
Ravenson
Kizzer
Diesel
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 Empty Re: Medric Cousineau

Post by Lincoln Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:27 pm

Canadian veteran explains the benefits of a service dog

September 18 2018

Lincoln
Lincoln
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammercore Wed 07 Nov 2018, 4:05 pm

VAC Veterans Accountability Commission

Nov 07, 2018

This was written By Medric Cousineau
HOW Low can you go?

"How low can you go" is a catchy phrase for a Limbo song. However, this phrase should never be utilized with respect to a governments treatment of its' disabled veterans. Sadly, this is exactly what happens on this past Monday.

Let me expand and try and help put the time line together. It is very pertinent and salient to the discussion at hand.

On Monday, Seamus O'Regan announces that the govt is willing to pay back funds that were withheld from Disabled Veterans Disability Pensions.

So let us begin a critical examination of what we know and why the auditor general should be tearing this fiasco apart. According to what we know, an error in including certain tax items by VAC resulted in payouts lower than the veterans should be receiving.

The Veterans Ombudsman and staff engages when this disparity is noticed. A bureaucratic backroom brawl ensues and magically with no explanation from VAC the calculation is rectified and the proper numbers are used in the calculations starting in 2011. So, straightline conclusion? Somebody realizes, admits and changes the calculation. This is good. However, even if we give all concerned a pass on the accounting error let us look at what happens next. This is the point the actions become criminal and should be investigated as such.

From 2002 until 2010 the govt withheld funds legally, rightfully and morally, from disabled veterans. But there is no effort to rectify the problem. Not a word. Not a peep. Not until Murray Brewster breaks the article on "Black Monday", 05 Nov 2018. Why Black Monday? I think it fits when as a veteran you realize your govwrnment defauded you.

The dispicable details start to emerge and shazam, 165 Million appears and the Minister claims it will take until 2020 to fix this boondoggle.

According to the Brewster article the govt tried to fix some of this but never came clean and now we are where we are.

It is at this point that an examination of political parties and who governed when becomes important. This was started on Jean Chretiens watch. Then Paul Martin. In 2006, Harper and The Conservatives take over. Finally Trudeau and the liberals get back in 2015 and here we are in late 2018.

I have watched politicians of all stripes capitalize on the smallest of missteps to score political points. Might I suggest that defrauding disabled veterans of 165 million would not qualify as a small misstep.

It starts on the Liberals watch and continues under the conservatives and becomes a public goat rodeo under the liberals. ( Thank you Murray Brewster and all at the OVO's office). You would think the Cons would have torpedoed to Liberals in 2006? You think the Liberals would have reciprocated in 2015. But none of that happens. Hard to envision the political landscape where this does not become a political muck racking exercise.

But there is one scenario that explains this situation, succinctly and clearly. Apply Occams razor, a philosophic principle that holds that the simplest solution is most likely the correct one.

So what is that simple solution? Multiple govts and ministers did not know the facts.

How was that for an excuse me moment. The Ministers did not know because Senior Bureacrats did not a) want the politicians to know and b) get fired for both their criminal actions post 2010 and their bureacratic subterfuge.

Enter my call for a judicial inquiry/ inquiry by the auditor general. An independent third party needs to look at this mess.

How low can a government go? Defrauding their disabled veterans, 270,000 strong of a 165 million in rightful, lawful disability pension payments sets the bar pretty damn low.
Hammercore
Hammercore
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu 02 May 2019, 8:26 am

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 51691338_10155862659657111_5765556590547566592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2
Medric Cousineau Facebook May 1, 2019

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 58831623_10156017574327111_4826438089784164352_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

A year ago I met with Seamus ORegan at his behest to discuss issues. Here is the letter I wrote to the Prime Minister today.

"The Letter I should never have had to write.

Dear Prime Minister Trudeau.

I find myself forced to write this letter to you, which I will also be providing copies of to the media. I am also enclosing a picture that was taken of us at our meeting while you were the leader of the opposition. You pledged to get support for service dogs for disabled veterans battling PTSD. So I think it is only fair that we discuss the results of your personal pledge to me. Since you were formally a teacher, I will make this very easy. Your grade? An "F". In fact if there was a grade worse then you and your regime would qualify. Not only have you failed to deliver, you and your various ministers have actually made things worse.

In April of 2018, Seamus O'Regan stood before the House of Commons and pledged delivery of National Service Dog Standards by last Fall. Yet they are not even being worked upon. Now several bureaucrats including DM Natynczyk will offer up all kinds of excuses as to why they are not in situ. In fact his first line of defense will be blame the Canadian General Standards Board. However, what he will not show you is the correspondence from the months leading up to the implosion, that laid out exactly how that trainwreck would end and he stood idly by and took no steps to intervene or keep the process moving forward.

Then there is the issue of the Medical Expense Tax Credit for Psych Service Dogs. I should never have had to wage the kind of war to get your government to stop discriminating on the basis of the nature of my disability. Thanks in no part to the co-operation of your government, you begrudingly ammended the Tax code so that we could achieve equality. No more, no less. It is a very simple concept. Violating Citizens Human Rights should be avoided at all costs. Yet here we are and VAC is still doing it. A year ago, on the second of May 2018 I met with Seamus, at his behest and we discussed things like equality and not violating my Human Rights. Yet it continues, and despite assurances that the issue would be resolved in the last budget, nothing happened. You see, veterans with a guide dog are eligible for a care and upkeep allowance for their service animal. Yet, we psych Service Dog handlers are denied the same. (To make it easy on the staffers, VAC Benefit 625995 refers). I have filed a Human Rights Complaint against your government naming the DM in the complaint. Darest I say if I was one of your favoured causes, this mess would have been fixed years ago. It has dragged on since the Harper Regime and it was one of the things you pledged to fix. Given the spate of "he said- she said" events I am glad there were others both in that meeting and in caucus when I was invited there at your behest. Sadly it has come to this.

However, this next part is going to strain the bounds of credulity, and thankfully I have it recorded. No it was not some surreptious recording where somebody or somebodies is driving an agenda. Mine is much more straight forward and damning. What I have is a copy of a voicemail. Since it was left in my Voicemail box, it would be my property and since the other party knew it was a voicemail, knows he was being recorded.

So what does this little nugget hold? Two things. First there is a matter that I have been so disrespected by a member of VAC's staff that I have assurances this individual will never see my account. That is ugly. However the second part is the bombshell. However, I need to put all this in context. The demise of the National Standards Initiative, The stalling on the efficacy study and the ongoing violation of my human rights had pushed me into a mental health crisis and somebody in the VAC chain of command wanted me checked in on and to see what they could offer me to help. Their solution? TV Dinners. Actually, "Frozen Dinners". VAC would arrange to have Frozen Dinners shipped to me for my convenience. Now you are probably scratching your head and wondering what "TV Dinners" and my Mental Health Crisis have to do with anything. To be frankly honest, they don't which makes this even more bizarre. The scary part is I can tell you exactly how this inane connection and conclusion was drawn and arrived at. But the short version: This is the direct result of having a junior clerk do a rushed job trying to appease his boss as opposed to caring for the well being of the veteran.

I could probably offer up even more aggregious examples, however I can't. Why? Quite simply, I cannot get access my own system notes from VAC. Imagine my surprise. From 15 Apr 2004 until 27 August 2018, 257 distinct users accessed my account 960 times and yet there are only 20 pages of notes I can see. The rest is being withheld because others names are in my file. Since mine, my wife wife and my clinicians names all appear in what I can see, it begs a very scary question: Whose names are in my file and why can't I see them? If I had to pick a reason? Some of those entries will prove that certain high ranking officials within VAC had done some seriously wrong things when it comes to veterans, their rights and their privacy. More to follow on that later.

I realize that I have disclosed a bunch of information in this letter. It is sad when the only way that the Canadian electorate can get your ear is when the hue and cry of public outrage spurs your PMO to action. Might I suggest that as we run up to the next election, you might wish to get this mess sorted out.
I have raised these issues time and again with Members of Parliament, including my own, Darrell Samson and all I get is platitudes. We are long since past the point where I am patient. Six plus Years, Four of them directly on your watch, and yet rather than equality and ceasing to discriminate I get offered "TV Dinners"? I mean nothing quite says " Thank you for your Service and Sacrifices for Canada" like a "Hungry Man Frozen Dinner". You will be happy to know, they offered me the large ones so I would have leftovers for lunch the next day. (Yes that is in the voicemail too).

I truly had wished it had never come to this and that I did not need to do this publically, however, your office has not seen fit to respond to the dozens of letters I have sent over the past years, which by law, should have been logged and responded to, however, it seems your office has been busy with the Ethics Commissioner.

What I find truly astounding? You claim you want to solve big issues. Start by doing the little things right and might I suggest given the latest polls, you had best get on with it. Folks are watching and the 21st of October draws nigh upon us.

Regards,

Medric "Cous" Cousineau, SC, CD, KStG
Capt Retd RCAF
& Thai the Service Dog
Co-founder Paws Fur Thought

Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 02 May 2019, 9:56 am

Awesome I hope they will read this and stand by there promises it should never come to this but then again we are all dealing with a pack of liars who continuously pad there own pockets.

PRO PATRIA

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall Mon 06 May 2019, 8:42 pm

Medric Cousineau shared a post. May 6, 2019

Folks, apologies for the Long read. Todays question: If they will try and take out the Vice Chief, what hope do the Rank and File have?

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 59369299_10156027864027111_2012125859585982464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Medric Cousineau

Mark Norman goes back to Court in 2 days. I apologize for the long read. Might I ask you a favour my friends. Mark is a Canadian Hero and this story needs the widest possible distribution. Dennis Manuge, Doug Roberts, Michael Blais, J Michael Eedy Gordon Swaitkewich Darcy Grossinger Joe Elliott, lads... widest possible distribution. This is not on. This is not our Canada.

What happens if a countries Democratic Instutitions get usurped by a plutarchy? For those who may be unfamiliar with a plutarchy you need to understand both oligarchy and plutocracy. An Oligarchy is the concentration of power with a select few people. A Plutocracy is a form of Oligarchy with the power base derived from wealth. Combine the select few with the monetary interests of another select few and voila, a Plutarchy.

Now, it begs the question: Has Canada seen its' Democracy unseated and replaced by a Plutarchy? In light of the past few years in Canada, it is a very pertinent and salient question.

Yes. I believe the answer to the Question is yes. If not in all circumstances, but certainly when we as Canadians elect a majority government that we have no mechanism to remove until the next federal election. Given the current freefall in the polls by Trudeau, and his governing Liberals, there is little doubt that a hunch chunk of the Canadian Populace is displeased. In fact down right angry is probably a more suitable description.

So what has caused the ire? Yes, governments and their leaders often need to make unpopular choices and bring in policies that may not be popular but necessary. However, the electorate will only abide by that if the motivations are to do something that is in the best interest of the entire country and not in the best interest of the citizens, the electorate. Once it becomes apparent that the democracy has been circumvented by the interests of the "plutarchy" then there is "Hell to pay". Sadly if the government is a majority, there is virtually nothing we, the electorate, 000can do except share the facts and information so that the next trip to the ballot box gives us a chance for the proverbial "Take back, Do over".

Sadly, in Canada's version of the Westminister Parliamentary model there is a huge disconnect because a constituents Member of Parliament is controlled not by the will of the people. The MP's are controlled by the Party Whip ( A position that has a $30,000 salary perk). The Whip ensures that MP's toe the Party line and do not vote based on their constituents wishes. If there ever was a case for highlighting the "Tyranny of the Majority" this would be it. Should an MP vote their conscience or God forbid, their constituents wishes, the MP's are sanctioned and disciplined. The easiest way for the Prime Minister do that is by controlling access to appointments like Cabinet Minister, Parliamentary Secretaries or Chairs of Standing Committees which all have increased Salaries. Distilled to its simplest and ugliest form, "If you do not toe the party line, you get your knuckles rapped and they take away the perks". Hardly seems very "democratic" and much more like a plutocracy or worse, a dictatorship.

If one looks closely at the debacle of SNC-Lavalin, there is very little doubt in most peoples minds that there is more to the ugly back story than the ever changing Trudeau Narrative. The political fallout has been huge, folks have resigned, been fired and remain muzzled over the "sordid affair". The issue really goes beyond the specifics of the SNC fiasco. The root of the issue really becomes "Did the political arm in power interfere in the juidicial processes of Canada?" Given the immense and disproportionate power of an unchecked majority who have serious ethical lapses, Canada should be very worried about the implications of such meddling. Imagine what happens if the Government directs its ire at an individual who becomes the target of the "Prime Minister and his cronies"?

Sadly, we do not have to speculate on what or how such ugliness manifests itself. Currently, we, the Canadian Public are watching this play out before the Justice system.

VAdm Mark Norman is attempting to defend himself against a single count of breach of Trust. His alleged crime? He supposedly leaked cabinet confidences that forced the PMO to follow through with a previously signed and executed government Contract. The fact that no other person has ever been charged in Canada at any point for this "crime" speaks volumes. It sure sounds like "Lets make an example of him". The mess surrounding #krackengate" stinks to high Heavens and the stench emminates from the Crown and its witnesses delaying production of and access to the documents the good Admiral has a legal right to. If you can imagine, Mark is unable to access his own notes, emails and daytimers yet Gerry Butts, twice, got everything he needed to defend Trudeau and the PMO in testimony before the House Juidiciary Committee. Yes you read that right. If it pleases Trudeau and his cronies, a former employee can have access to what he needs, but a still serving Member of the Canadian Military is being obstructed from accessing the same type of documents that are "evidence" in a criminal case. The government is steadfast in their "We would tell you but then we would have to kill you" defense saying that all this mess is classified and that we should just "trust them" as Mark is guilty in "their eyes". In fact, Mark was deemed to be headed for court before the investigation was even concluded. Trudeau said so. Begs the question how he knew? Almost like it was pre-determined.

Actually, The contract for the ship at the heart of the controversy has been delivered on, and it saved the Canadian Taxpayer $89 Million Dollars in break up fees. The issue? The Irvings and their strong ties to the Liberal Party, allegedly wanted the contract for the MV Asterix cancelled. Now Scott Brison, former Treasury Board President, is eyeballs deep in this mess. Heck, he has applied for standing in the case. Trudeau, Butts, Wernick, Astravas, Brison, Telford and Vance are all going to be called as witnesses. That is if the case does not get thrown out for abuse of process and power because the Crown and their witnesses have not fully, completely and in a timely fashion complied with court issued subpeonas to do exactly that. Remember the telling tidbit when Jonathan Vance tried to put forward that he did not think "all" electronic records included his personal phone? You know the same General Vance who probably is crapping a brick knowing that the "codename" emails, ie CRCN34, MN3, and Kracken, are going to surface. However, in truly farcical deniability, Vance says that he was told by the JAG that his personal phone was outside the scope of the subpeona. Just imagine that the highest legal authourity within the Department of National Defence cannot define "all". In fact Mrs Vance 2.0 is a former US lawyer and you think they may have discussed this? But I digress.

#Lavscam & #krackengate boil down to that exact same point. Did the political arm of government interfere with or attempt to influence the Juidiciary in Canada? If I was a betting man, I would go with yes.

The reason is quite simple. The government is going to great lengths to hide "something" from Mark Norman's defence team. And it really does not matter what the specifics are, it is enough to know that the government is trying to hide evidence that could exonerate the Admiral. However, and here is the rub, Marks Defence is that this is nothing more than a witchhunt being driven by political agenda would then be on plain display, for all to see should all the evidence become public. Rather than convict VAdm Norman of Breach of Trust, the PM et al. would be exposed and there would be confirmation that Canada's Democracy is nothing more than the shroud to protect a Plutarchy when we elect a majority government.

Trudeau was certainly right about one thing and I will give him that. Canada does need electoral reform. However, the reforms we need are those that ensure any government, current or future, is stripped of its "plutarchy" and begins to function as the democracy we have a right to. Until we can derive the mechanism to do so, we the electorate only have one safe guard, and that is to elect a minority government so that we can defeat the plutocrats agenda. The saying that "Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely" is on point.

Some folks may counter with we cannot afford the spectre of an ever looming potential election should the government fall. The 2015 Federal Election cost us $443 Million which is 53 % higher than the 290 million in 2011. However, the campaign was near twice as long. But, we the Canadian Public, would have a degree of protection, certainly more than we have with a majority government, from the Plutarchy. The cost of a federal election is peanuts compared to what we pay when we turn over control of a country to folks who cannot act commensurate with the huge responsibilities that running a democracy entails. If a government will violate the rights of the minorities then they truly the "Tryanny of the Majority", a scant half step from the ugliness of "The Mob Rules". The smallest minority in the world is the individual.

If we let the current regime continue down the path they are in their "witchhunt" as part of #krackengate, do not be surprised if one day they come for you.

Remember the haunting words of Martin Niemoller. "They came for... but I was not..." and "they came for me and there was no one left to speak." Who is next? For what perceived transgression that displeases the PM could be the basis for the attack upon yourself?

Canada deserves better than it is getting. Canada deserves its' democracy back. We can start by demanding Justice in the Mark Norman Affair.

Marshall
Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post by Gridlock Tue 21 May 2019, 3:23 pm

Medric Cousineau Posted on Facebook May 21, 2019

Disabled Veterans Under attack by VAC
Well Folks,
I have been torn as to whether I spilled the beans before or after Darrell Samson's Information Session. As much as I would like to blindside both VAC and the useless Crats and Politicians that have just pulled off what they were so kind to provide proof of in writing.

I must provide a little context and background so that this makes this mess trackable. Notice I did not say make Sense or defend the Indefensible.

In 2006, with much fanfare, the Pension Act was replaced by the New Veterans Charter (NVC). Life long disability Pensions were replaced by Lump Sum Disability Awards. The system proved to be inneffective for the needs of Veterans and can be directly linked to Veterans Homelessness issues. Successive governments kept trying to rectify problems and address shortfalls but the system became ever more complex and unnavigable. It could best be described as a "frustrating, bureaucratic, inefficient uncomprehensible nightmare with more programs and acronyms then Carters got little Liver pills".

Enter Justin Trudeau and his Liberal platform of 2015. To great fanfare Trudeau pledged to reinstate disability pensions.

This is were things go horribly of the rails. Rather than fulfill that promise, Seamus Oregan rolled out the New Pension for Life Option in the New Veterans Well Being Act. Given the very justifiable lack of trust by Disabled Veterans having been mired in battles with a broken system with a horrible track record, Veterans were Scared to death of what was coming. I mean given some of their previous stunts and Trudeau's assertion that Veterans are "asking for more than we can afford to give" it is a very understandable fear.

Then comes the Announcement of the New Pension For Life (NPFL) OPTION. And with it Seamus Oregan pledged that not one veteran would get less than they are currently getting. Those this would effect then sat through 14 months of uncertainty until the rollout of this new fangled benefits suite that was to combine a bunch of benefits and make the system simpler. On the First of April, 2019 those affected finally found out what exactly was happening to their benefits they would be receiving 30 days later. If you do not think that this caused the stress and anxiety meters to peg across the disabled veterans land, then you were not plugged into those communities.

And so it came to pass, the government rolled out its new programs. However, given the magnitutude of the reconstruction and the fact that things have gotten very silent from VAC and the Politicians, one is left wondering what they did, yet again.

This is the part where the story gets very ugly. In their zeal to prove to us (those affected) that the Government had kept their word, they actually provided in writing, proof positive that yet once again disabled veterans are nothing more than a budgetary line item.

Here comes the bomb.
In mid April, those affected received an 8 page letter outlining the changes. On page 5 is a "protected amount", ie what we were receiving before the NPFL under the NVC. It also shows what we would receive under the New IRB. This lower amount is not because another benefit was grandfathered, made tax free and not in the calculations. This is the apples to apples comparison and it is rotten to the core.

Yes, for once I was standing in the right line. Yippee for me, my I get the "bigger" payout. So to all of us with a protected amount that exceeds the IRB amount. However, what that also means, is that in writing, they have jyst demonstrated, clearly that all those who enter he system after 1 Apr 2019 will get less under the IRB. Now we are not talking nickels and dimes. In many cases the difference between the NVC benefits versus NPFL benefits are hundreds of dollars a month. The very thought that a younger veteran or newer into the system gets less for the exact same injuries does not sit well. As a former officer who was trained to place the care and well being of his troops first, this is driving me Bat$hit crazy.

However, unlike the NVC debacle which received support from all three parties, the NPFL fiasco is on the current governments watch. However, the politicians have only stood by like sheep and watched Bureaucrats lead veterans to the slaughter.

I have yet to hear a single solitary politician of any stripe raise their hand and start asking tough questions. Yes the stakes seem to average out that the NPFL amount is averaging $500 a month less. Given the numbers of new claims at VAC each year, it will not take more than a year or two and there will be 5,000 plus veterans receiving less. Do the math. This saves the government $30 Million a year.

So, I am sick to my stomach. I am sickened by a bunch of bureaucrats, headed up by a DM who is the former CDS, who could pull such a stunt. I am even more sickened that our politicians have stood idly by and watched them do it. If the Politicians truly cared about their constituents it would never have gotten to this.

Remember, this is the same group of bureaucrats with the former CDS as DM who were sitting on the theft of a 165 Million in disabled veterans pension money.

Anyone care to hazard a guess why I have been in such a state and on the proverbial warpath?

So yes Seamus Oregan's promise that "No veteran would receive less than they are currently receiving" was delivered upon. What nobody anticipated, was the fingers crossed behind the back skullduggery of setting up a new system that saves the government money being on display for all to see in the run up to the next election.

If the politicians knew about this, they should be fired. If they did not, then the Senior Bureaucrats should be fired. The Canadian Public needs to know what is being done to their veterans. My bet is they are not going to be pleased.

Karen McCrimmon, Erin Michael, John Brassard.... did you folks have any idea? I am going to give you all the benefit of the doubt. But now that it is out there, what are you going to do?

Gridlock
Gridlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Tue 28 May 2019, 7:14 pm

Military vet outraged by pension plan

According to documents one vet has received, not all veterans are being treated equally. Heidi Petracek reports.

Tuesday, May. 28, 2019

Victor
Victor
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Navigator Wed 29 May 2019, 8:56 pm

An Open letter to Prime Minister Trudeau

Good day Prime Minister Trudeau.

I am writing this open letter to you on behalf of disabled veterans and their families.

Today you rose in the House of Commons to reply to Questions where my name was brought up in regards to the New Pension For Life. In response you said you have directed the Minister of Veterans Affairs to ensure not one veteran gets less going forward. In fact, the Protected amount that I am receiving on a go forward ensures that. And for that I thank you.

However, the apples to apples comparison between a Veteran on the 31st of March versus the 1st of April is rotten to the core. On a straight up comparison of the IRB amount versus those of us with protected amounts proves the 31 March veteran receives more generous benefits than a 1 Apr veteran. I do not need a ton of actuaries and the PBO to prove this fact. Ten seconds with a pencil and paper proves it. All of us with "protected amounts" have categorical, irrefutable and undeniable proof of what just transpired.

So now we need to figure out who caused the problem and how to rectify the mess. First up? The disabled veterans community did not conjure up this NPFL. We would not and are not going to stand for it. Secondly, all the opposition parties are off the hook. So who does that leave? Well your flagship platform promise is a leaky boat occupied by your party and the bureaucrats at VAC. Hmnnnn....

We have narrowed down the list of suspects. Your party, the bureaucrats or both of you in tandem collusion. It really would be a head scratcher to envision your government wishing to go to War with the Veterans Community, yet again, on the eve of an election.

You said you have "instructed" the Minister to ensure that no veteran receives less. Problem is that there is a complete lack of Trust by Veterans with Government and the Credibility Gap is only widening. I have raised this issue with several parliamentarians and they say this "schmozzle" is the creation of the bureaucrats. If that is the case, you have the power to fix this. How? The benefits that compose the NPFL IRB benefits are equalized with our protected amounts. Apples to Apples equivalency.

Unfortunately, that means cost savings that either you or the bureaucrats were banking on disappear. I guess that is the cost of somebody getting caught in fib. We are running out of options and time, Mr Prime Minister. If you do not immediately address this issue, then I can make you an "election promise" that the veterans electorate will keep. So will our families. So too, our friends, and yes, some of our friends friends. Our promise will be delivered, at the ballot box on the 21st of October.

I would welcome the oppourtunity to discuss this matter with yourself, or the Minister of Veterans Affairs. However, there is absolutely no use in me talking with the VAC bureaucrats. Why? I have no desire to sit in a room with the same Crats who oversaw the theft of 165 Million in Disabled Veterans Pensions and did not think they should give it back.

Prime Minister Trudeau, you have the oppourtunity to prove you are a man of your word. Given the Veterans distrust put it in writing.

Regards

Medric "Cous" Cousineau, SC, CD, RCAF
Capt Retd RCAF
Co-founder Paws Fur Thought

Navigator
Navigator
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionfield Thu 30 May 2019, 6:03 pm

Medric Cousineau - May 30, 2019

Lads and Lasses, The NPFL IRB sham rages on. The Blue guys are trying to nail the Red guys down to a committment to parity. But that is like trying to put your thumb on a piece of Jello.

Please keep hammering at your MP's, the Pm and the Vac Minister. The next 3 weeks before the house rises is very important in the run up to the house rising before the election.

If we sit idly by, and do nothing to prevent the Crats and Politicians from doing this to those who follow behind, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 61360894_10156078133417111_8880785482317824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Todays QP Session.
QP: Question Period in the House of Commons. There is a joke on Parliament Hill that "it is called Question Period and Not Answer Period". I can honestly say that today proved it in Spades.

Today John Brassard rose and attempted to get resolution on the NPFL IRB disparity. A clearly worded question that begged a simple straightforward response by the Minister of Veterans affairs. What we got was a complete side step non answer.

I had been filming the exchange but I F'bombed the hell out of the clip. Instead I am going to attach a pic of my cup from Da Rock.

Nothing could be clearer. The NPFL IRB benefit is not equal to the benefits it replaces. Any assertion to the contrary by any politician or bureaucrat is categorically false. I have proved it. Hell both the OVO's office and Dominion Command of the RCL are trying to figure out how this happened. But what has happened is the creators & advocates of the NPFL IRB have breeched the departments fiduiciary responsibility. The arbitrary,unilateral, underhanded nature of the changes are self evident proof of the chicanery.

I am working real hard at remaining calm and composed. But I am a small piece of duct tape and a bit of gum away from a complete snap of my sanity string.

The question I have is what kind of darkness must reside in your hearts if you are going to attack disabled veterans health and well being? If you are the former CDS, and you over saw this, you should be ashamed.

Lionfield
Lionfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Thu 30 May 2019, 6:50 pm

Nonzero wrote:

Lads and Lasses, The NPFL IRB sham rages on. The Blue guys are trying to nail the Red guys down to a committment to parity. But that is like trying to put your thumb on a piece of Jello.

Please keep hammering at your MP's, the Pm and the Vac Minister. The next 3 weeks before the house rises is very important in the run up to the house rising before the election.

If we sit idly by, and do nothing to prevent the Crats and Politicians from doing this to those who follow behind, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Medric Cousineau  - Page 2 61360894_10156078133417111_8880785482317824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Todays QP Session.
QP: Question Period in the House of Commons. There is a joke on Parliament Hill that "it is called Question Period and Not Answer Period". I can honestly say that today proved it in Spades.

Today John Brassard rose and attempted to get resolution on the NPFL IRB disparity. A clearly worded question that begged a simple straightforward response by the Minister of Veterans affairs. What we got was a complete side step non answer.

I had been filming the exchange but I F'bombed the hell out of the clip. Instead I am going to attach a pic of my cup from Da Rock.

Nothing could be clearer. The NPFL IRB benefit is not equal to the benefits it replaces. Any assertion to the contrary by any politician or bureaucrat is categorically false. I have proved it. Hell both the OVO's office and Dominion Command of the RCL are trying to figure out how this happened. But what has happened is the creators & advocates of the NPFL IRB have breeched the departments fiduiciary responsibility. The arbitrary,unilateral, underhanded nature of the changes are self evident proof of the chicanery.

I am working real hard at remaining calm and composed. But I am a small piece of duct tape and a bit of gum away from a complete snap of my sanity string.

The question I have is what kind of darkness must reside in your hearts if you are going to attack disabled veterans health and well being? If you are the former CDS, and you over saw this, you should be ashamed.

Medric is a great advocate who puts others before himself. He does not advocate for his personal gain, but to help others. He has gain my respect in the way he presents himself, and the way he gets the message out to the proper people. Straight to the point is the way he operates. That said, I would just remind the audience the way the government sits in terms of what they produce regarding the Veterans file. The government of Canada is under no legal obligation towards Veterans with respect to the Veterans file. This is a fact that must be repeated, and understood by the Veterans community. It's important that we look at this factual non legal obligation today, and moving forward with respect to any changes or advocating we take on to make things fair again for disabled Veterans. Remember this up coming election, they can make all the promises to Veterans they want, but as learn from history, this means absolutely nothing once they get elected. Now if every one was on the same page, and fights towards a legislation that actually puts a legal obligation into legislation for Veterans, this would be a positive game changer for disabled Veterans in this Country.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrarium Thu 30 May 2019, 9:19 pm

Nonzero wrote:

Todays QP Session.

John Brassard Facebook - May 30, 2019

QPQ May 30, 2019: Nova Scotia Veteran Medric Cousineau uncovered that Veterans who receive the Income Replacement Benefit under the New Liberal Pension For Life are not getting the same amount as the benefits it replaced from the New Veterans Charter. I asked Medric if he was able to stand in the House of Commons and ask the Minister of Veterans Affairs a question about this, what would that question be? So here is a question written by Medric and this was the Minister's response.

Terrarium
Terrarium

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 30 May 2019, 10:48 pm

Now what a babbling idiot and this is what we get for a MVA this video is embarrassing same old song and dance stumbling and babbling the whole answer reminds of the good old days after a weekend of hard drinking lmao

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Fri 31 May 2019, 8:22 am

Rifleman wrote:Now what a babbling idiot and this is what we get for a MVA this video is embarrassing same old song and dance stumbling and babbling the whole answer reminds of the good old days after a weekend of hard drinking lmao

The Ministers are useless Rifleman. The Ministers of Veterans Affairs gets appointed, and it is a cushion job whereas they travel across Country, and around the world making some announcements, and taken photo ops. No Minister is going to actually contribute to the benefits for disabled Veterans. The Minister, deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs, and the Veterans Ombudsman work together ensuring what's created within the file is to their satisfaction, nowhere does the system allow for the Veterans themselves being a part of any changes to our disability benefits. As it stands all three are within their rights and or boundaries given the fact that our government does not have any legal obligation towards it's Veterans. Until this changes with something legislated into law that protects disabled Veterans, we are all fracked.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 31 May 2019, 9:57 am

I hear ya Trooper and agree these positions pad there pocket books but I still hate all the two stepping and pussy footing around they are playing a very nasty game with veterans minds and bodies

Pro Patria

Rifleman

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Fri 31 May 2019, 1:32 pm

How about we change the tune of these questions....

1.  Under the NPFL WHY are spouses and dependents not included in the NPFL formula?  

2.  You brag about hiring so many caseworkers because the Cons slashed the VAC workforce.  That said why in the hell is there such a backlog of claims?  Are the Libs hiring the right people to do the job?  Obviously not because of the lack of production these newly hired people are incompetent.

3.  The Minister boasts about $10 billion spent so where's the spreadsheet on what and where this money is going?  Or is the Minister rolling the payroll and re-opening offices in this $10 billion?

Lets go with these 3 questions going forward and see what they have to say?

On a side note which has been bugging me for over a year now....

We lost the Equitas lawsuit and the Liberals are doing exactly what was suspected...they are only going to give veterans what the Liberals want to give because they can!

The sacred obligation was more then a statement.  It was a "Moral compass" that could be used by veterans when addressing veteran compensation for loss of health and sacrificed life when dealing with the sitting government.

Now that the NPFL is a legislated act veterans are back at the bottom of the hill that they have to push the 100 ton boulder back to the summit.  A 100 ton boulder disabled veterans have to push up the hill!

The Liberals are more concerned with pleasing the employees of VAC then veterans.

So lets get off the blaming the bureaucrats, Deputy Minister because it is doing SFA (sweet f' all) and hit the Libs with the 3 questions above.
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next