Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'He wasn't finished being a soldier'

5 posters

Go down

'He wasn't finished being a soldier' Empty 'He wasn't finished being a soldier'

Post by Hammercore Fri 03 Aug 2018, 7:29 am

Hammercore
Hammercore
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

'He wasn't finished being a soldier' Empty Re: 'He wasn't finished being a soldier'

Post by Alpha Fri 03 Aug 2018, 5:40 pm

Alpha
Alpha
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

'He wasn't finished being a soldier' Empty Re: 'He wasn't finished being a soldier'

Post by Trooper Fri 03 Aug 2018, 6:37 pm

Way too many Canadian Veterans ending up in this situation. I feel for his widow, family, and friends.

I believe without a doubt that navigating paperwork and appointments with counsellors and psychiatrists would drive anyone mad especially the Veterans Affairs part. You see how quick VAC are to deny responsibility, nothing new here. But the fact is a human being is now gone, and no one seems to want to take responsibility. What are we going to blame this on Joseph? With all the suicides, all the outcry for better benefits, and treatments, you would think that it is the system that is failing.

With what I know today I would not recommend anyone join the Canadian Armed Forces. Our government is cruel towards it's disabled Veterans. They are quick to send us abroad but once injured, and return home they throw us to the wolves. How can anyone be proud to serve this government?

Studies, and collecting data is going to do or solve nothing. The problem lies within the government, a government who fails to acknowledge this.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 03 Aug 2018, 7:33 pm

I wonder how many military, paramedics, fire fighters and police officers  go down that dark hole and who we loose each year to suicide.  

I know within the RCMP there have been 48 individuals who lost their battle with mental illness just this past year alone.  It’s fawking heartbreaking.  

Like Trooper said studies and collecting data does nothing.  It is rather a means for the Government of Canada to SHOW Canadians they are doing something on the issue without spending significant monies.  

Government really needs to get their act together.

Last edited by Newf on Fri 03 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Newf
Newf
RCMP Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac Thu 09 Aug 2018, 7:14 am

Leaving armed forces can create a deadly loss of identity, says top military psychiatrist

CBC News · Posted: Aug 08, 2018

'He wasn't finished being a soldier' Joseph-allina-in-afghanistan

Zodiac
Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down