Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas

+15
Edgefore
Garrison
Stayner
Vizzer
Magnum
Cypher
Silversun
Sandman
Hunter
Lincoln
Warrior
Diesel
Stanleyz
Cool~Way
Lucifer
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Empty Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas

Post by Lucifer Fri 14 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

Sarnia firm sending Christmas cards to thousands of overseas soldiers

Tyler Kula
Published Sep 14, 2018

Lucifer
Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Empty Re: Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas

Post by Cool~Way Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:34 pm

'To Any Canadian Soldier:' Guelph woman sends 303 cards overseas

Anam Khan
Nov 9, 2021

Cool~Way
Cool~Way

Back to top Go down

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Empty Re: Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas

Post by Cool~Way Fri 15 Nov 2019, 9:16 pm

Dear soldier: Letters from home for the holidays

Published Friday, November 15, 2019

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/dear-soldier-letters-from-home-for-the-holidays-1.4688337

Cool~Way
Cool~Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanleyz Fri 22 Nov 2019, 6:56 pm

‘It would mean a lot’: Canadian Armed Forces asks residents to send holiday greetings to troops

By Nick Westoll
Posted November 22, 2019

Stanleyz
Stanleyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Diesel Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:15 pm

Thousands of cards arrive for Canadian Armed Forces troops after social media appeal

By Nick Westoll
Posted November 28, 2019

Diesel
Diesel
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri 29 Nov 2019, 8:37 am

November 28 2019

Warrior
Warrior
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Wed 04 Dec 2019, 8:34 am

Send some holiday cheer to the troops

BY ROBYNNE HENRY DEC 4, 2019

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Robynne-Henry-WEB
Robynne Henry
The Henry Hype

While there are those of us lucky enough to be surrounded by loved ones during Christmas, there are many who don’t have that option.

Giving back around the holidays has been instilled in us since we were young, because there are those less fortunate than us. They may not be able to afford presents or to make it home to see their family. Taking the time to volunteer or donate, even in the smallest ways, can have a huge impact.

It’s with this thinking in mind that I encourage everyone to take a moment to send a Christmas card to active members of the Canadian military who will be overseas this holiday season.

In a social media post from the Canadian Forces stationed in the United States, they reiterated how much it would mean to military members who receive mail.

“Many of us will spend the holidays with our families. Many of us will not. You can send them a greeting… It would mean a lot of you did,” the post read.

When I saw that, I thought it was a fantastic idea.

It’s such a small act that could mean a lot to someone who won’t be home for Christmas.

When the military receives letters sent to any Canadian Armed Forces member, they’re split between operations based on the amount of people deployed.

When I was writing my cards this year, I put one aside to send to the address that was provided. If my Christmas greeting could put a smile on one member’s face this holiday, I’m glad to do whatever I can to do that.

A number of years ago, my grandmother started making Christmas cards and that sparked my love of handing them out. There was even a few times where we spent time together crafting the cards, and I cherish those memories with her.

It also made me realize how much I enjoy getting a card from a friend, family member, co-worker, or anyone really. It lets you know they were thinking about you and that’s really the best gift of all.

I know they’re just pieces of paper with a nice saying inside and a pretty picture on the front, but people light up when you give them one.

Take a moment this year to send it could mean more than you think.

For those wanting to participate, send a card or letter to the address below:

Any Canadian Armed Forces Member

P.O. Box 5004 Stn Forces

Belleville, Ont.

K8N 5W6

Lincoln
Lincoln
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanleyz Wed 04 Dec 2019, 5:54 pm

Moncton woman collecting holiday greetings for troops abroad

Kate Letterick · CBC News · Posted: Dec 04, 2019

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-woman-holiday-greetings-cards-canadian-troops-1.5382946

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Military-cards

Stanleyz
Stanleyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:21 pm

Edmonton students send hand-made Christmas cards to Canadian soldiers

Posted December 5, 2019

https://globalnews.ca/news/6260077/christmas-cards-canadian-soldiers-edmonton-students/

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:25 pm

Holiday greetings sent abroad
KEC students, staff write cards to troops overseas

By: Sheldon Birnie
Posted: Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sun 08 Dec 2019, 4:21 pm

TAYLOR: At Christmas time, remember our Armed Forces abroad

Gilbert Taylor
Published Dec 08, 2019

Sandman
Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post by Silversun Mon 09 Dec 2019, 4:26 pm

St. Ben's students send more than 700 Christmas cards to Canadian soldiers

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/st-bens-students-send-more-than-700-christmas-cards-to-canadian-soldiers-1949543

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas 061219_cards_soldierssized

Silversun
Silversun
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:15 pm

Students spread Christmas spirit

Tuesday Dec. 10th, 2019

https://www.mymuskokanow.com/97051/students-spread-christmas-spirit/

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Armed-Forces-750x420

Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:51 pm

Holiday/Christmas Items/Messages sent to Soldiers Overseas Wdr-military-letters

'You are the hope and safety of Canada': Students write letters to Canadian forces

CBC News · Posted: Dec 11, 2019

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/esl-letters-holiday-military-1.5390973

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnum Mon 16 Dec 2019, 8:25 am

Merry Christmas from Antigonish County: Couple sends over 100 letters to troops serving overseas

Aaron Beswick · Reporter | Posted: Dec. 16, 2019

Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next