Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stored#1

+102
robleggett
Dalton
Terrarium
Gridlock
Cool~Way
Rifleman
Thunder
JOHNDEER
Oliver
lorjol
Stealth
Hoff<>Wiz
Navigator
Garrison
Proctor
Reogrand
Replica
RevForce
Stanleyz
Jumper
Matrix
Scorpion
Zoneforce
Maust85
Jackson
Stayner
Silveray
Powergunner
Lonestar
Saulman
SniperGod
Alpha
Sandman
RunningLight
Looper
Cooper
Starman
Masefield
Tazzer
Apollo
Lucifer
Caliber
kodiak
Riverway
Lincoln
Armoured
Wolverine
Xrayxservice
Warrior
Diesel
Vexmax
Victor
Delta
Hunter
Leopard
Enforcer
Silversun
Zapper
Lionfield
Ringo
Slider
Hammercore
Colonel Saunders
Spectrum
Colter
Glideon
Kizzer
Rockarm
Phrampton
Zodiac
Seawolf
Falcon
Jeremiah
Rekert
Terminator
Dragonforce
Charlie
OutlawSoldier
vet1
Willie
red510
bosn181
Trooper
Wolfman
prawnstar
Magnum
Edgefore
Vizzer
Dannypaj
Maxstar
Nemo
Newf
iceman
Spider
sailor964
pinger
Dameon
JAFO
Accer
Forcell
sabrelove
Rubicon
106 posters

Page 18 of 67 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down

Stored#1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Stored#1

Post by Dannypaj Fri 26 Jan 2018, 7:09 am

They have made a decision in my case.
My CIA(s) is complete and I should have word of the outcome soon (as per myVAC Account).
Thank you everyone on these forums for the moral and mental support.
P.s
1. Career impact allowance June 24, 2013  application date (DENIED and fought two years to have approved?) Cost savings
2. Career impact allowance (supplement) June 15, 2017 application date (Now let see if they discriminate due to my age, as per my conversation with my CMO).
Cost saving & back to wherever they see me fit to work?

Stressful times.
I have been in limbo since 1998, waiting for the control tower to give me permission oh' to live my life without having to worry about being financially burdened, again.

But who knows with the current circus that is currently in Ottawa and what sort of show they are going to put on.
In the end, is it fooling anyone?

Anyway let's hope they took enough of my time and their and time and got it right.;at least this part right.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 9:16 am

hoping it all gets sorted out this time for you and things go in your favour.

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Stored#1 - Page 18 Empty Stored

Post by Trooper Fri 26 Jan 2018, 9:36 am

Trooper wrote:From Facebook Banish a few comments on the CF one card

Chris Anderson The CF one card in not a veteran ID. Almost anyone can get one never having served. How are family members of the NPF, CF and MFRCs ex-military? This is an Air Miles card.

Get yours today https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CFOne/Pages/JoinNow.aspx

Dave Mushing The NDI 75 isn't ID either.

Frank Fox My CF1 card specifies that I am a veteran.

Michelle Seguin Tell me how woulds someone Veteran ID

Mike Armagost I was going through the airport last year and had extra baggage on an Air Canada flight. No problem I am a Veteran I get free extra baggage.

I showed the baggage taker the CFOne card and he just looked at me...like “What is this?”...so dig deeper into the Castanza wallet and found the NDI75, showed him, the light went on, no problems with the extra baggage!!

The CFOne cars IS A JOKE!!

Randy Kruger And the NDI 75 is recognized in the USA and you receive many military benefits the CFOne card is most certainly a joke..

Mark Verrall West Jet recognizes the CF One card. My wife didn't even have to pull hers out of her wallet (yes she is a Vet) the ticket agent spotted it and no bag fee

Dineen Gauthier I can't remember the name, but their is a petition with about 2000 sigs, asking for a a legal government ID card for VETERANS. Supposedly VAC and the CF are planning it. So in all likelihood we will never see it.

Martin J McNeil The CF1 card doesn't have a picture so it normally has to be used with a Picture ID.

In my personal experience I have never had interest in obtaining the CFOne card. I have, and continue to use the NDI 75 without any problems.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Sat 27 Jan 2018, 12:23 pm

My math is sketchy, at best. So, if 'Dwayne' received 360000 between 2006- 2016, with the new scheme he will get: zilch? for 'pain and suffering'?

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcell Sat 27 Jan 2018, 3:06 pm

vet1 wrote:My math is sketchy, at best. So, if 'Dwayne' received 360000 between 2006- 2016, with the new scheme he will get: zilch? for 'pain and suffering'?

That's right he will receive zilch for pain and suffering because he has received the new max amount of $360,000.
Forcell
Forcell
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 27 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm

Moved to storage
pinger
pinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 28 Jan 2018, 7:29 am

Thanks bosn181.

I am Still waiting for a response.
The what "ifs" are flying through my head and what will the future hold, "now that this very important part of the puzzle' may or may not be in place; the (CIAs)."
Without the CIAs and being placed on the NVC opposed to the PA is a gaggle of WTF are these folks in power doing?
And they know it affects people's lives..... And all who administer this so called NVC, all of you should give your heads a shake.

Why wont politicians answer a question directed by a veteran?  Let us remind them that they are not Teflon.
A total disrespect for our veterans should no longer be the norm, nor should  it be tolerated by true Canadians in Canada or abroad.

A member of the On-line Veterans Network (OVN) even had one on one time with the MVA, but yet the MVA did not respond to a question in a direct way, why?
Orders and Directions, stowed upon them by the GOC to withhold the truth of what is really their true intentions.
TO SAVE MONEY AT ALL COST
Bonus pay and danger pay, anyone!
All while streamlining our benefits' to save money on our backs?
Must be the Canadian way.

Borrowed quote:
“A veteran serves the nation. A veteran is a responsibility of the nation.”

1.The MVA won't commit to nothing
When asked about the "Nations fiduciary duty" and why it wasn't put into legislation.

Social media is the way forward...
Rumors on base went around quick and now online rumors and the truth are shared over the network at an even faster pace.

Social Media will bring us "all generations of veterans" together into a closely knit ball....and will be our own National power, with the ability to muster votes and attention where needed.

Facebook and the connections/reconnections from our past and present that we've all made; Very Happy
This FB amounts to one big network and social fed of information for us veterans.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 28 Jan 2018, 9:36 am

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dissonance-stephen-beardwood/?published=t

Dissonance

What drives a community to unite against a government; or in Canada’s case a political party in power? It’s not uncommon to watch military dictatorships in third world counties rise and fall. Corrupt politicians, corporate interests, private wealth and disenfranchised public are amongst the common problems escalating second and third world conflicts. The ‘Rule of Law’ in our first world nations prevent much of what we witness in the third world, but even that isn’t enough to stop the disenfranchised from rising in protest against first world political parties (particularly those that continually ignore advancing problems). As I watch the veteran’s news feeds over the past few years which are now being echoed by main stream media, I find it hard to understand what some of these “Political Leaders” are truly thinking or if they are thinking at all.

The explosion post 2006 of veteran suicides, pension denial, Mefloquin, and poor equipment issues appears to be largely ignored by government (at least in terms of solutions) despite main stream media not only reporting the problems, but siding with the veteran community. With each passing year political indifference is seconded only to empty promises of solutions. And when a solution is offered by a political party, it is partisan in nature and ineffective in addressing the core problem it is intended for. The latest example is the pension fix which on the surface appears to make it harder for those in need to qualify or have sufficient funding to live on (we won’t really know for another year). In contrast it appears that millions are to be made readily available in response to returning terrorist from conflicts that caused the injuries to our veterans in the first place. Who in their right mind would consider this to be sound doctrine? A sound person would expect that the opposite would be the solution that the political class in Canada would be reaching for. Why would anyone want to further alienate an elevated and respected class of Canadian Society (the veteran community) that has already spent decades being alienated from its own government?

Fortunately for Canadians (and Canada in general) our veteran community is the very embodiment of those who have sworn to uphold the rule of law. I would further extend this to our first responders. The problem in Canada isn’t with our veteran community getting out of hand in standing up for itself. The problem is that it hasn’t stood up for itself, and because of a lot of personal damage, they are often incapable of standing up for themselves. The few that do are often dismissed as “mentally ill” or “angry veterans”. So one has to ask, “Where are Canadians in all this”? The Canadians who will stand up and demand equality in pension for our veterans, investigation as to why a drug was approved without a drug trial, why equipment scheduled for replacement takes over 30 years to be replaced? Do they really not care? What happened to the outrage that was present when our troops came back dead and wounded?

Dissonance; Definition: a: lack of agreement the dissonance between the truth and what people want to believe; especially: inconsistency between the beliefs one holds or between one's actions and one's beliefs

Decades ago I remember musing when the first dozen dead came back from Afghanistan, that there was no outrage when we lost a loaded Hercules aircraft with 40 plus men on board back in 1989; or the loss of 4 to 10 at a time in various training accidents throughout the years, or the year a half dozen drowned in an drop zone error which resulted in two dozen troops being air dropped into the Ottawa River without floatation devices. There was barely a sound back then, barely a murmur or muffle of interest in the well being of the military or the veteran community at large. Is this what our country is returning to? Where is the outrage over unjust practices for our veterans? For as dark as my damaged brain can get, it’s not nearly as dark as the as the dissonance of the Canadian public over its veterans’ community.

Veterans Matter!

At the end of the day we are all in this together, unfortunately a veteran's day is 24hrs, seven days a week.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sun 28 Jan 2018, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Sun 28 Jan 2018, 10:19 am

Dannypaj wrote:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dissonance-stephen-beardwood/?published=t

Dissonance

What drives a community to unite against a government; or in Canada’s case a political party in power? It’s not uncommon to watch military dictatorships in third world counties rise and fall. Corrupt politicians, corporate interests, private wealth and disenfranchised public are amongst the common problems escalating second and third world conflicts. The ‘Rule of Law’ in our first world nations prevent much of what we witness in the third world, but even that isn’t enough to stop the disenfranchised from rising in protest against first world political parties (particularly those that continually ignore advancing problems). As I watch the veteran’s news feeds over the past few years which are now being echoed by main stream media, I find it hard to understand what some of these “Political Leaders” are truly thinking or if they are thinking at all.

The explosion post 2006 of veteran suicides, pension denial, Mefloquin, and poor equipment issues appears to be largely ignored by government (at least in terms of solutions) despite main stream media not only reporting the problems, but siding with the veteran community. With each passing year political indifference is seconded only to empty promises of solutions. And when a solution is offered by a political party, it is partisan in nature and ineffective in addressing the core problem it is intended for. The latest example is the pension fix which on the surface appears to make it harder for those in need to qualify or have sufficient funding to live on (we won’t really know for another year). In contrast it appears that millions are to be made readily available in response to returning terrorist from conflicts that caused the injuries to our veterans in the first place. Who in their right mind would consider this to be sound doctrine? A sound person would expect that the opposite would be the solution that the political class in Canada would be reaching for. Why would anyone want to further alienate an elevated and respected class of Canadian Society (the veteran community) that has already spent decades being alienated from its own government?

Fortunately for Canadians (and Canada in general) our veteran community is the very embodiment of those who have sworn to uphold the rule of law. I would further extend this to our first responders. The problem in Canada isn’t with our veteran community getting out of hand in standing up for itself. The problem is that it hasn’t stood up for itself, and because of a lot of personal damage, they are often incapable of standing up for themselves. The few that do are often dismissed as “mentally ill” or “angry veterans”. So one has to ask, “Where are Canadians in all this”? The Canadians who will stand up and demand equality in pension for our veterans, investigation as to why a drug was approved without a drug trial, why equipment scheduled for replacement takes over 30 years to be replaced? Do they really not care? What happened to the outrage that was present when our troops came back dead and wounded?

Dissonance; Definition: a: lack of agreement the dissonance between the truth and what people want to believe; especially: inconsistency between the beliefs one holds or between one's actions and one's beliefs

Decades ago I remember musing when the first dozen dead came back from Afghanistan, that there was no outrage when we lost a loaded Hercules aircraft with 40 plus men on board back in 1989; or the loss of 4 to 10 at a time in various training accidents throughout the years, or the year a half dozen drowned in an drop zone error which resulted in two dozen troops being air dropped into the Ottawa River without floatation devices. There was barely a sound back then, barely a murmur or muffle of interest in the well being of the military or the veteran community at large. Is this what our country is returning to? Where is the outrage over unjust practices for our veterans? For as dark as my damaged brain can get, it’s not nearly as dark as the as the dissonance of the Canadian public over its veterans’ community.

Veterans Matter!

At the end of the day we are all in this together, unfortunately a veterans day is 24hrs, seven days a week.

Excellent article especially the part where he says “Where are Canadians in all this”?

If anything is to change in favor of Veterans at this stage of the game it will have to come from Veterans starting an ABL campaign now, not next year but now. Tell the whole Country about how the Liberals failed in implementing what was promised to Veterans by the Liberals. If the promises were not implemented as stated, they failed in their promise. When they implement retro top ups, it must be a true top up, nothing less. It does not matter that any of the other two parties have nothing better for Veterans. What matters is Veterans actually holding the present government to account.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Sun 28 Jan 2018, 12:06 pm

Moved to storage

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Mon 29 Jan 2018, 6:09 pm

APSC Updated Q&A that will answer questions regarding the CIA and the CIA Supplement.

WHAT IS THE ADDITIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING COMPENSATION?

The Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation is intended to recognize and compensate Veterans for their barriers to establishing themselves in post-service life as a result of service-related permanent and severe impairment. It is not related to income, which is why it is not taxable.

WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE ADDITIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING COMPENSATION?

This benefit is payable to Veterans who have one or more disabilities caused by a service-related injury or illness that is:

• Creating a permanent and severe impairment; and

• Creating a barrier to re-establishment in civilian life; and

• For which the Veteran has received a Disability Pension, Disability Award or Pain and Suffering Compensation.

WHAT IS THE MONTHLY ADDITIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING COMPENSATION BASED ON?

The benefit recognizes that severe and permanent impairments may create barriers to establishing themselves in post-service life. The monthly amount payable is based on the extent of the Veteran's permanent and severe impairment. It takes into consideration such things as a Veterans' mobility, requirements for supervision and the need for assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing and dressing).

It will be payable at three grade levels with $1500/month being the highest and $500/month the lowest.

WHAT’S NEXT FOR VETERANS WHO CURRENTLY RECEIVE CIA?

As of April 1, 2019, the Department will automatically move Veterans in receipt of CIA over to the APSC—they will move over at the same Grade Level (1, 2 or 3) and will be paid the corresponding, non-taxable APSC monthly amount (not the CIA monthly amount).

Please note: The CIA is a taxable benefit, the new APSC benefit is not. Therefore, while at face value, the dollar values for Grades 1, 2 and 3 appear lower, Veterans will take home a comparable amount.

CIA grade levels (2018) are as follows (taxable):

• Grade 1: $1,828.67/month

• Grade 2: $1,219.13/month

• Grade 3: $609.56/month

APSC grade levels in 2019 will be as follows (non-taxable):

• Grade 1: $1,500.00/month

• Grade 2: $1,000.00/month

• Grade 3: $500.00/month

WHAT’S NEXT FOR VETERANS WHO CURRENTLY RECEIVE THE CIA SUPPLEMENT?

No Veteran will receive less than the amount(s) of Earnings Loss Benefit, Retirement Income Security Benefit, and Career Impact Allowance Supplement they were eligible for prior to the implementation of the Income Replacement Benefit. These amounts will be protected on coming into force and will be indexed.

WHAT HAPPENS IF A VETERAN APPLIES FOR CIA, BUT THEIR APPLICATION ISN'T PROCESSED BEFORE APRIL 1, 2019?

Veterans who have an application pending on the coming into force date (April 1, 2019) and who are approved for CIA will have their CIA grade level protected under the APSC. This means, if you are approved for CIA and assessed at Grade Level 2, you will receive your CIA payments for the period prior to April 1, 2019, and you will be paid APSC at the same grade level with an effective date of April 1, 2019.

HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BENEFIT FROM THE NEW APSC?

Everyone who would have been eligible for CIA will be eligible for APSC.

As of June 2017, 6,280 Veterans were in receipt of CIA.

On April 1, 2019 it is estimated that around 10,800 Veterans will transition to the new benefit from CIA.

By March 31, 2023, it is estimated there will be around 19,850 Veterans in the program (10,800 transition clients + 9,050 new clients).

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CIA AND APSC?

Taxability: The Career Impact Allowance (CIA) is taxable because it compensates for lost employment potential and career progression opportunities. The Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation (APSC), on the other hand, will be non-taxable because it compensates for the extent to which permanent and severe impairments cause barriers to re-establishment.

Eligibility: The eligibility for the two programs is similar in many ways:

• they are only payable to Veterans;

• the Veteran must have a disability benefit; and

• the Veteran must have a permanent and severe impairment.

The key eligibility difference between the two benefits is that under CIA, a Veteran must have an approved rehabilitation plan in order to receive the CIA. Under APSC, a Veteran must only have a barrier to re-establishment to qualify, they do not have to have an approved rehabilitation plan.

Grade Levels: Both benefits have three grade levels. The key difference on which grade is paid is that the CIA considers medical impairment as well as earnings capacity. APSC will only consider medical impairment. The APSC has no equivalent to the CIA Supplement.

WHY IS CIA TAXABLE?

The CIA is taxable because it is associated with loss of income.

WHY IS APSC NON-TAXABLE?

The APSC is not associated with income, which makes it non-taxable. Instead, the benefit is designed to recognize the extent to which service-related permanent and severe impairments cause barriers to re-establishment.

Updated Jan 29, 2018

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life#questionsAndAnswers
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Mon 29 Jan 2018, 7:40 pm

Income Replacement Benefit

Details Here: Stored#1 - Page 18 439216585 IRB Policy

IRB Factsheet Stored#1 - Page 18 439216585 FACTSHEET (IRB)

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 30 Jan 2018, 8:04 am

Update on our request and simple fix

Believe it or not, our networks has ears and the ears of GOC, even eavesdrop.
3b Release page     (Cross Canada)
Canada's Banished Veterans (East Coast)
Veteran's Guerilla Radio (West Coast)
Our own sub groups i.e. Trades only, Former units  (Closed members only groups)

In saying above, stay on the GOC and inform them of the policy and how it currently works.

The Pension Act should not be compared to the Pain and Suffering Compensation alone. The Pension Act monthly payment should be compared to the Pain and Suffering Compensation + Income Replacement Benefit + wellness programs. The PSC alone is not meant to provide lifelong financial support

Programs? We wanted a pension, not programs meant for what...Veteran Centric

http://www.ourcommons.ca/Content/ePetitions/Responses/421/e-1140/421-01871_VAC_E.pdf

Keep adding your voice online via the internet.
It will be heard one voice at a time, but it amounts to a lot of veterans.

Canadian Veterans Command (CVC) a name choosing by WWII Lt. W
A true leader, leading the charge from St. Anne's...
"Isn't that something, never giving up and charging ahead! Advocating for our rights straight from his hospital bed!"

Thank you sir and a true General salute to you!
"My opinion, for what it's worth on this point of portrayal of image, is that "Canadian Veterans Command" (aka CVC), is much more succinct, catchy, easy to say and remember, and gives a greater impression of strength and solidarity, than "League of Canadian Veterans" (aka LoCV), which sounds a mite more loose-limbed and less firm and forceful than the former."
Extracted from FB's Canada's Banished Veterans.

The best for our vets.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:16 pm

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 67 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next