Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Update

+90
Marshall
Caliber
Stayner
Masefield
Looper
Colter
Logan
Seawolf
Vizzer
Zapper
Hunter
Phrampton
Falcon
Saulman
Ranger
Viper
Spectrum
kodiak
RunningLight
SniperGod
Proctor
Wolverine
Hammercore
Enforcer
Navigator
Charlie
Zoneforce
Replica
Cypher
Zodiac
Warrior
Dragonforce
Gridlock
Vexmax
Stealth
Magnum
Lucifer
Slider
Maxstar
Powergunner
Edgefore
Jeremiah
Ironman
Rekert
RevForce
Stanleyz
Xrayxservice
Garrison
Diesel
Matrix
Silveray
Maverick
Oliver
Riverway
Leopard
Alpha
Terrarium
Lonestar
Luxray
Dalton
Jumper
Ringo
Armoured
Glideon
Rockarm
Delta
Silversun
Lionfield
Accer
Lincoln
Firestrike
Forcell
Starman
OutlawSoldier
Spider
Mojave
Phantom
Kizzer
RanMerison
Jackson
Cooper
Firefox
Victor
Sandman
Thunder
Jackal
LeiaRC5
Apollo
Wolfman
Trooper
94 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Forum Update Empty Forum Update

Post by Trooper Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:33 pm

We have added the scrolling categories at the top of the home page. This really looks good especially if you add Adblock to your browser. All ads will be gone making the Forums home page much clearer.

We have also removed the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) category from the top of the home page. We now have installed the (FAQ) at the top portal of the home page so that those not registered, (guest) can now view it.

We also have been working on a scrolling latest topic widget for the forum. The problem were having now is the room it takes for the widget on the home page.

We've also added some new Emoticons (Smillies) for your option in posting. Here a just a few;

Forum Update 2741858880     Forum Update 1170586771    Forum Update 178662841    Forum Update 1288093448    Forum Update 4142177458    Forum Update 4026473087  Forum Update 3021981307   Forum Update 503182387

Forum Update 355041421     Forum Update 795260910     Forum Update 4150470937

Changed/Added some alerts!

Forum Update Alert-19 Headline

Forum Update Alert-15 Sticky

Forum Update Alert-17 Notice

New Forum Icons

Forum Update Square16 New posts

Forum Update Square17 No new posts

Forum Update Square14 Forum is locked

It was brought to my attention an Idea with regards to posting within a topic, a topic that has already been posted in that particular topic. IE: (Same post) The Idea here is similar to VAC Facebook whereas the same info is regularly re-posted to keep the info of the topic active, and back to the top. An example would be the IRB policy that has already been posted in the VAC Benefits Topics For Discussion, the exact same post could be re-posted so it stands once again at the top for a reminder or notice of that particular post/topic. Same goes for other categories such as Medavie ect...anything having to do with benefits. I agree with the Idea, and encourage it.

We have also installed scrolling below some categories, this will be on a trial basis to see how it works out.

We have found a way to install the Latest Topics (Scrolling) as a link in the portal top page, however the scrolling is too fast. We will continue to look at it.

Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to navigate, and get the info needed to our audience. The Forum has become a Library of information for everyone who has interest. The Forum is kept up to date regularly, and the general news posted gives an added mixture or style to the Forum.

I would now like to pass on by appreciation to all forum members for their support, and contribution to the forum! I apologize for not always being here to answer questions or post on the forum. I am very busy, and do my best to participate when I can.  

Finally I would like to say a bit about the daily operation of the forum. As you may have noticed the forum has become more of a news source, both with Veterans & DND topics including general news. I realize that discussions make up a good part of any forum/site. This of course continues to be a apart of this forum, and we continue to encourage members to ask questions, and to discuss topics. The amount of info that is now available on this forum probably accounts for less questions being asked. We must also keep in mind that asking the same question 30 times only leads to confusion, and can mess up the forum. We don't have that problem on this forum. We must also keep in mind that the discussions we do have need to be kept simply as a guide taken from one's experience, not to be taken for certainty. That's why we have topics with links to verify what is being said/answered or discussed. We can also learn a great deal from articles/news posted over the forum. The new system in place today referencing the pension for life is really straight forward. Not complicated by any means. The new system makes it much easier to understand for disabled Veterans. (Not that I like the new system) The bottom line for me regarding the operation of this forum is that I couldn't be more pleased of the way the forum has developed, and continues to develop. Everything you need to know can be found right here on this forum. Again thanks to all who have helped along the way, participated on the forum, registered to the forum, and the guest who also view the forum! It is all of you who have made this forum, the forum it is today!  Very Happy    

Trooper

Last edited by Trooper on Tue 18 Feb 2020, 6:15 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more info)
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum Update Empty Re: Forum Update

Post by Wolfman Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:48 pm

Looks great Trooper!
Wolfman
Wolfman
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:53 pm

Best site by far!
Apollo
Apollo
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeiaRC5 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:56 pm

Love this forum!!

LeiaRC5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal Sun 02 Feb 2020, 7:58 pm

The best Trooper!
Jackal
Jackal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:06 pm

This is the only site I can come on and find what I want without any difficulty. This place is well organized, and I'm so happy I found it.
Thunder
Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:15 pm

Keep up the great work! Happy to have found this forum!
Sandman
Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:31 pm

Very well laid out, easy to navigate.
Victor
Victor
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefox Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:34 pm

Wealth of info on here. Thank you!
Firefox
Firefox

Back to top Go down

Post by Cooper Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:49 pm

Great forum!
Cooper
Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson Sun 02 Feb 2020, 9:02 pm

Lot's of news and information here. What I really like is the fact of the hidden identity. Facebook is a bad place if you want to voice your opinion without the chance of certain agencies coming for you. With veterans sites, facebook runs their pages like their still serving, removing you from the page for unjust reasons, like a dictator would, not for me. I'll stick with forums such as this one.
Jackson
Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by RanMerison Sun 02 Feb 2020, 9:11 pm

Very well organized forum with lots of info.
RanMerison
RanMerison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzer Sun 02 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm

Trooper,

The scrolling of categories at the top is a great idea, it gives the audience a great guide of what the forum provides.

Forum looks great!
Kizzer
Kizzer
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun 02 Feb 2020, 9:43 pm

Forum Update JuyxCrFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Phantom
Phantom

Back to top Go down