Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIP

2 posters

Go down

VIP  Empty VIP

Post by doomed_78 Sat 20 Feb 2021, 7:37 am

Has anyone had success receiving the VIP for a PTSD diagnosis? I'm having a hard time keeping up with things at home and it seems to just be getting too much. I wondered if this program was accessible to me since I am technically able to complete my daily tasks physically but not mentally able to.

Thanks

doomed_78

Back to top Go down

VIP  Empty Re: VIP

Post by RunningLight Sat 20 Feb 2021, 8:45 am

According to Veterans Affairs Canada 43% of Veterans in receipt of disability benefits for a mental health condition are in receipt of Veterans Independence Program.

You can give them a call or send them a message through My VAC Account asking them questions.
They have a section who deals with VIP.

8.0 Mental Health

Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) provides a wide range of mental health services and support for Veterans and their families. The tables below outline the increasing number of Veterans in receipt of disability benefits for a mental health condition.

Table 8.3 Mental Health – Quick Facts as of March 2020

• 43% of Veterans in receipt of disability benefits for a mental health condition are in receipt of Veterans Independence Program (VIP) benefits.

VIP  2010343111 https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/news-media/facts-figures/8-0

RunningLight
RunningLight
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum