Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Family Appreciation Day

2 posters

Go down

Military Family Appreciation Day Empty Military Family Appreciation Day

Post by TRZ.55 Fri 17 Sep 2021, 10:57 am

Military Family Appreciation Day 2741858880 Veterans Affairs Canada Sept 17, 2021

On this Military Family Appreciation Day we recognize the unique challenges that members of the military and Veteran communities experience as a result of their service to our country.

Thank you for all you do.

TRZ.55
TRZ.55

Back to top Go down

Military Family Appreciation Day Empty Re: Military Family Appreciation Day

Post by Tracker Fri 15 Sep 2023, 11:19 am

Military Family Appreciation Day 2741858880 Veterans Affairs Canada Sept 15, 2023

When MCplA Travis Brown travels with the Canadian Armed Forces, he comes home bearing gifts.

This tradition started after he completed his training at CFB Gagetown. He came back to Prince Edward Island with stuffed animals for his now, seven-year-old twins, Edessa and Elyssa.

“When they know I am coming home with presents, it makes them more excited when I go away,” Brown says, saying regular video calls at bedtime has helped them stay connected.

Travis met his now wife Pway shortly after he joined the military seven years ago so she knew right from the beginning separations would be part of their marriage.

She works as a resident care worker which can be hard to juggle with solo parenting.

When the kids miss their Dad, she says she tries to distract them with activities.

“I just tell them, ‘Daddy will be home soon,’ and try to keep them as busy as I can”.

Brown says he is grateful for his wife’s strength and sacrifices.

“Without my family’s approval I couldn’t do my job. It’s very helpful to know you have people back at home to support you/”

Today, on #MilitaryFamilyAppreciationDay, we salute those who keep the home fires burning – like Edessa and Elyssa, their older brother Jacob Bowers and, Pway.

📷: Brady McCloskey
#MFAD
#Family
PEI Military Family Resource Centre CRFM IPE
Canadian Armed Forces
Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Tracker
Tracker

Back to top Go down