Let me set the record straight

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let me set the record straight

Post by Trooper on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

It's come to my attention that csat forum is posting insults towards myself which is a direct attack against my Character, and my status as Veteran.

Checking the csat forum sure enough the attacks against me are evident.

Since the csat forum has allowed this to take place, I will set the record straight from day one.

Two years ago Teentitan gave his notice to leave advocating, and running the csat forum. At the time it was suggested the forum run itself. I sent a message to one of the staff members of VVi voicing my concerns about allowing the forum to run itself, I was asked if I would consider running the forum, my reply was only if no other volunteer was found. In other words I was hoping someone else would volunteer. Shortly thereafter there was a notice posted on the forum by CJ asking for volunteers to run the forum. A few Weeks later CJ contacted me asking if I would volunteer, at that time I was under impression that no one had volunteered so I said I would take it on.  

I took over the forum on January 15, 2016. CJ told me the forum was mine to run as I see fit, no interference from him is what I was told. CSAT was born in 2008 but was brought to life by the SISIP Lawsuit. The forum had basically died after the SISIP SUIT was finished. When I took over on Jan 15, 2016 there were just under 700 registered members, today csat has 1790 registered members.

The forum was re-arranged, re-designed, and organized, and rules were posted, rules were enforced. What your seeing today on the csat  forum in terms of design is my doing, and mine alone. The forum came back to life, and the bad apples were taken care of. It is those bad apples that have returned to csat to once again put the forum in chaos. I will speak more of this later.

When I first took over the forum I was being asked about a replacement for Teentitan with reference to advocating. I was asked by CJ to inquire about a volunteer to replace Teentitan as advocate to work alongside Perry Gray. It did not take long before a csat member stepped up and volunteered to replace Teentitan. There was a Stakeholder meeting close in coming, and the volunteer said he would go if his travel was paid. I relayed all of this to CJ, CJ told me to pass all of this on to Perry, CJ said it was Perry's thing and it would be best to relay all of this to him. So I sent Perry a message relaying this info to him. No reply, so I sent him a few more messages finally he replied with these words, "He will have to pass my vetting". So I sent him another message to arrange the vetting process. Same answer, "He will have to pass my vetting". After a few more messages with Perry saying the same thing it was clear to me that Perry did not want a replacement for Teentitan, and dealing with Perry moving forward was going to be a challenge as he came across as being rude, and ignorant. A few more incidents where Perry sent me messages asking for input from forum members to write so he could use to bring to his town halls or other events. So in a few occasions I posted these request on the forum for Perry, the members were good in their responses. But the members were also wanting to know the outcome of those town halls, and meetings that the members gave their own time to write their inputs, I don't blame them at all, the members were messaging me asking me to inquire on this so I contacted Perry in each separate case asking him to respond, each time Perry said he would respond but never did at any request, and gave no explanation as to why he would on the one hand say he would, but on the other fail to respond. Yes Perry suffers PTSD issues, so does most disabled Veterans, but that is no excuse to treat your fellow Veterans in the manner he has. This was making my job harder by having to deal with VVi staff, and the ignorance of Perry towards myself, and those members of the forum. At the beginning of Oct of this year I once again was approached by Perry to post a message to the forum asking for input on case managers, during this time there was an increase of members sending me messages concerned about their Identity being compromised. This fact along with the ignorance of Perry in using forum members for his own benefit by not responding to what the outcome of his meetings were enough for me to tell Perry NO! Of course like a kid he ran to CJ telling him what I said. I tried to work with both Perry, and CJ, but I fear neither of them, it was just me trying to work as a team to lighten the load somehow on the advocating side of things, even though I had my hands full with running the forum. It was at this point where I sent an email to CJ telling him that after a certain time I would no longer be volunteering to run the forum. I wanted to give him enough time to find a replacement, I even told him I would be available to help anyone who takes my place to give or offer any help they may need. CJ tried to convince me to stay but I had my mind made up, the members of the forum were being used and I did not want any part of it, and Veterans telling their story on case managers could put their Identity at risk. A day or two later CJ took over the forum, and took my admin privileges away. It was at this point where I contacted CJ and requested he delete my account. BTW any forum who uses FORUMOTION as their forum must obey the request of any member asking for the cancellation of their registration.

Let's look at VVi, this is an info site period. Just like this forum, csat forum, banish, and VGR, among other Veteran sites. CJ labels himself as a Publisher, Perry as an Editor, this is not a business where books are published and books are sold. It is not where Perry is the editor for some book, or news room or newspaper. This is an information source plain and simple. CJ puts it out to be some sort of a mixture of business, publishing, and advocating. The only real advocate was Teentitan, yes others such as Perry joined in but in knowing both, Teentitan took the lead, and has my respect as being a real advocate who puts other Veterans before himself. CJ is trying to mix both VVi and the forum into a business setting where he is at the top always looking for members of the csat forum to work over at VVi. Basically what you have is an online information source, VVi, linked to an online information source CSAT. Anyhow it's really none of my business how CJ or others manage their sites, if it helps, it's good even if it's described in a whole different setting. If he or anyone else allows my character to be put on trial in a public setting, I will defend myself, and will give my side of the story.

Here is the deal with the forum itself, both csat, and this forum. Both forums are own by forumotion a company based out of France. CJ is the founder of csat, Trooper is the founder of this forum. What is the difference between the owner, and the founder? It's simple, the owner can revoke, take away your forum at any time, in fact they have a department who looks after just that. If you don't believe me click down on support on the main forum page type in the search, "why was my forum taken away". That's why we have rules in place, to eliminate the possibility of losing our forum. We also need rules to function, without rules there's no function, no definition. So when your reading post such as there were no rules before Trooper, there were always rules from forumotion themselves, it is up to the admins to enforce them, if they are not enforced the forum becomes chaos that only leads to a useless setting that has no meaning or objective, and risk the chance of being taken down. Well I don't really have to defend my success in bringing csat back to life, the increase in numbers of new members speak for themselves. The respect that all members had towards one another speaks for itself, the organized forum made it easier to get the help out.

Once I created this forum I sent notice to those I thought were committed to helping others, committed to respecting others, and serious about becoming a team player that is willing to share their own thoughts, and opinions. One notice only was sent, no influencing or persuasion was in play. I simply wanted to give those the opportunity to come over and have a look, and join if you like. I am not, nor will I ever be in competition with csat. If you can get your info, help outside this forum, go for it. As long as the Veteran is helped, that's what matters regardless of where the help came from.

Back to the bad apples. When I first took over csat I was quite aware of the bad apples that were registered. If I was to ignore those bad apples, and allowed them to continue doing what they were doing, the forum would have not come close to being brought back to life. It's as simple as that, those of you here that are use to being in a leadership role would know this, and understand it. Don't get me wrong, I realize that a lot of Veterans are dealing with emotional issues, mental health issues, and they need to rant, I get that, but there's a difference between ranting and braking forum rules to the point of putting the forum off track, hurting others be it forum members or guest. This is what happens when the forum is not monitored correctly, someone needs to be the bad guy and get rid of the bad apples. It's best to get rid of a few bad apples then to have a venue or setting in complete chaos. With one particular individual I took the time an effort to welcome him to become something other than a regular member, forum advocate, I worked with him, respected him, gave him something to keep him busy, and sense of purpose, I knew he was in a bad state mental health wise, and the heavy meds he was taken made him struggle. I did this because I wanted to help him, simple as that, I had nothing to gain from it. A few days when csat had new members joining and posting on the forum this individual that I had given the title forum advocate was posting against some of those new members labeling them as trolls, VAC employees, well it just happen that one of them was the granddaughter of a elderly Veteran who could not function on the computer. I know this because the granddaughter contacted me and was really upset, and blasted me for allowing it to happen. She gave me her contact info for me to contact her so I could relay info to her. This was the third time the forum member posted this type of message, so I deleted him from the forum. So here is a guy who I went to great lengths to try and help, and now his bad mouthing me on csat because I deleted him for a dam good reason. So much hate, where is it all coming from? Propat first said it was because of the deamed taxes why I deleted him, today it's because of what he said regarding the bureaucrats. Propat is all over the place, he's like a kid with worms, he loves to argue believing that arguing is good for you, one thing you do not do, argue with propat because he is never wrong, he wrote the book on VAC, CPP, SISIP, and the CRA. The truth is he was deleted for neither, he was given several warnings, he twisted everything I wrote and continued to twist even when I walked away, when I removed a posted message, and moved it to storage, he copied and paste it back to where I removed it from. Propat also basically told me to f - off when I sent him warnings. So after constantly giving him chances with no success it was time for me to delete him. I have no regrets whatsoever in deleting him. I'm not even going to mention wildthing because he needs help, something his not willing to get. He slanders my name but yet again I'm not even on csat and he wants to be deleted, doesn't this tell you something. I'm not going to give reasons for every action that I have taken while running the csat forum. I could have went on csat and defended myself against those who are being allowed to slander my character openly on an open forum, but that's what they want, they are trying to lure me over there so they can feed their entertainment, have a good look at what is being posted on csat these days, it's entertainment. No one is keeping the forum organized, hell the founder is encouraging foul language and arguing, but don't attack another Veteran he says. Well Veterans are being attacked, and normally when you encourage foul language and arguing nothing sensible comes from it, in fact it down right is ignorant towards fellow Veterans, and those guest who choose to tune in to the so called entertainment.

This is my story, written with only a few details to give my side of the story. There's more to it then what is presented here, but I think this is enough to put my point across. I don't want to force anything on anyone, you can judge for yourselves it's value. I have every right to defend my character, I put in a lot of time, long hours to help so many Veterans. It's really a shame to see all the hate that is out there to attack someone who has devoted so many hours, Weeks, Months, and years in helping Veterans. Sad situation all around I guess. For me I got the shoulders to handle this but a lot of Veterans out there don't, we all need to look at the whole picture, not just bits and pieces.
Trooper

Administrator

http://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Let me set the record straight

Post by bosn181 on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 9:21 pm

Trooper I have always had from day one of meeting you had the utmost respect for the way you carry yourself, and treat others on the sites. It's been such a pleasure to see so many in my area get help because you helped guide them and me. Anyone that knows you will always know that you can't find a more respectful or upstanding vet than you and I will always have your 6.  

bosn181

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:01 am

bosn181 wrote:trooper i have always had from day one of meeting you had the upmost respect for the way you carry yourself and treat others on the sites.  its been such a pleaure to see so many in my area get help because you helped guide them and me.  anyone that knows you will always know that you can't find a more respectful or upstanding vet than you and i will always have your 6

Bosn181,

Thanks for the kind words and support.
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:30 am

Trooper, I share Bosn181 thoughts as well. You are a great moderator who has helped others including myself. Rules and the enforcement of those rules are so very important to ensuring a respectful place to share an individual opinion. Keep up the great work that you do.
Newf
Newf

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:48 am

Newf wrote:Trooper, I share Bosn181 thoughts as well.  You are a great moderator who has helped others including myself.  Rules and the enforcement of those rules are so very important to ensuring a respectful place to share an individual opinion.  Keep up the great work that you do.  
Newf

Newf,

I never forget those who have supported me throughout my time running the old forum, you were always there to show me support, and that I am grateful for. Everything I worked so hard in making csat a place where you could go to get the help needed without fear of individuals attacking you has all gone, and now those little minds are attacking me for their own personal entertainment. I can handle all the criticism but it hurts to see everything I worked for being left in the hands of immature, ignorant individuals who have only one thing in mind, distract the forum. Entertainment goes only so far before people start realizing that proactive objectives are not being fulfilled.
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 5:12 pm

Trooper your right to stay away from there, don't give them the satisfaction of given them what they want. You have my respect for all you do, keep your head high and pay no mind to those who try to downgrade your character, they should be looking at themselves before passing judgement onto others.
Spider

CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

Spider wrote:Trooper your right to stay away from there, don't give them the satisfaction of given them what they want. You have my respect for all you do, keep your head high and pay no mind to those who try to downgrade your character, they should be looking at themselves before passing judgement onto others.

Spider,

Thanks for the respect and support. It's tempting sometimes to go over and react giving them a piece of my mind but this would put me at their level, I'm not going to bring myself down to their level. On the other hand if they are allowed to take over the forum like they have, there's no stopping them from continuing to distract the forum.
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 6:47 pm

trooper relax the people on CSAT are smarter then that. They know the likes of propat, wildthing, navrat and at time big rex are just doing what they "think" they are experts at....advocating and understanding VAC bureaucrat talk.

CSAT like all good deeds has had it's moment in the sun.

Now I just go there to see if they write anything dumber then their previous and I have to admit it they haven't disappointed me yet. Right now the things being posted on CSAT just prove that statement...."You just can't fix stupid".

Keep doing what you are doing here giving good info and leading by example how to respect fellow veterans opinions.
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:08 pm

JAFO wrote:trooper relax the people on CSAT are smarter then that.  They know the likes of propat, wildthing, navrat and at time big rex are just doing what they "think" they are experts at....advocating and understanding VAC bureaucrat talk.

Now I just go there to see if they write anything dumber then their previous and I have to admit it they haven't disappointed me yet.  Right now the things being posted on CSAT just prove that statement...."You just can't fix stupid".

Keep doing what you are doing here giving good info and leading by example how to respect fellow veterans opinions.

JAFO,

You have a way with words that shows your truly an intelligent individual who knows what your talking about. Thanks for the support and kind words. You hit the nail on the head in saying we need to show respect for one another, we all have our own problems to deal with but we should never put our problems against those that surround us. Info and help, respecting each other goes a long way in producing positive results.
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by red510 on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 1:18 am

Keep up the good work. This forum helps veterans share info in a safe and respectful manner. Peace and respect.

red510

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 5:18 pm

Trooper; I like you.

Dameon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyG on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:21 am

Trooper wrote:
JAFO wrote:trooper relax the people on CSAT are smarter then that.  They know the likes of propat, wildthing, navrat and at time big rex are just doing what they "think" they are experts at....advocating and understanding VAC bureaucrat talk.

Now I just go there to see if they write anything dumber then their previous and I have to admit it they haven't disappointed me yet.  Right now the things being posted on CSAT just prove that statement...."You just can't fix stupid".

JAFO,

You have a way with words that shows your truly an intelligent individual who knows what your talking about. Thanks for the support and kind words. You hit the nail on the head in saying we need to show respect for one another, we all have our own problems to deal with but we should never put our problems against those that surround us. Info and help, respecting each other goes a long way in producing positive results.  

I always wanted to be the Smart Nerd and to make profound comments  that motivated my peers to say," What a Smart man this fella Scotty is"!   But other than my Kids, my Wife and a few selected Veterans I am just Joe, "working hard to be an Average dude."Smile

What I can say is, I have strongly supported men/women of character and real commitment.

Trooper, you are one such individual. Thanks for never giving up! You could have walked away with your chin up & been proud of your efforts .

BUT....You didn't, you found another way. For this and likely many other wonderful things that I am unaware of, you continue to march along doing  important works for all of us veterans!  For this I salute you!
ScottyG

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 7:29 am

ScottyG wrote:
Trooper wrote:

JAFO,

I always wanted to be the Smart Nerd and to make profound comments  that motivated my peers to say," What a Smart man this fella Scotty is"!   But other than my Kids, my Wife and a few selected Veterans I am just Joe, "working hard to be an Average dude."Smile

What I can say is, I have strongly supported men/women of character and real commitment.

Trooper, you are one such individual. Thanks for never giving up! You could have walked away with your chin up & been proud of your efforts .

BUT....You didn't, you found another way. For this and likely many other wonderful things that I am unaware of, you continue to march along doing  important works for all of us veterans!  For this I salute you!

Thanks for the kind words and support Scotty.

For me it's all about getting the job done in the best possible way keeping things running smoothly in a respectable manner. Your right I could have just walked away and let go continuing to provide support and help to the disabled Veterans. But I knew there were individuals such as those registered here ready and willing to continue helping others. What I did do is walk away from csat and left it alone for it to do whatever it wanted without me interfering. Once I was notified that my character was being slandered, and the forum was doing nothing about it, I stepped in to set some facts straight, and to warn of further slander.

What means a lot to me is all of the supportive comments made towards me that has been posted in this topic, it gives me a sense of meaningfulness in terms of continuing to build this forum. I can say for certain that this forum will be monitored for keeping it respectful, and to keep it organized. This forum is still in it's early days, however it has some good info posted for all to read. The very first couple of days this forum was created we had a couple of questions asked and the members were quick to jump in to provide their answer, now that's team work! You have not seen any distractions here simply because we all respect one another, and we focus on helping others, not bashing others.
Trooper

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 9:20 am

Well put Trooper! "simply let us respect one another, and we focus on helping others, not bashing others."
This will be definitely the easy task, "I have faith in us the brotherhood and sisterhood of veterans".
The other task we have is guiding us/veterans through the VAC system as well, which infighting (when it is about VAC's bureaucrats and politicise policies, it helps with transparency and provides information to everyone reading, regardless ).

"Everyone's/veteran's opinion counts, regardless," so speak up! (Freedom of Speech)

Lots of good coming out of this infighting IMO and maybe "it" is not coming across that way to some, but maybe this cleared some smoke?

Past conversation, I know of I stay out of, it is better that way for myself.

A quote from Narcissus Called my Name,  I read during our honestly put, quarrel/skirmish amongst ourselves, it is good for all "we didn't join the CF for nothing."

"Ironically, within their groups, soldiers almost expected to criticize orders and their leaders-- a pissed-off sailor is a happy sailor--but they will defend the military instinctively to outsiders. In effect, being angry or even irreverent can be expected signs of commitment to the institution."

We were all dragged into this, "like watching a school yard fight and we are just standing on the outside as spectators."
Thanks for those standing up for themselves and others.

Everyone's opinion counts.

All I can picture is Lord of the Flies.

So I hope we can sort it out.
In private, one on one, so we can all move on.

We now have momentum on our side and we can have/make positive change.  
An inquire into the handling of a medically released member of the CF may bring about outstanding changes.
The answer is there and will it be shared with all of it being transparent.

Anyone medically released at the rank of  an Able Seaman, or for you army/air force folks, a one hook Private.....it was a fall from grace without a parachute and into a shark infested ocean.

Veteran's CSAT/CVSF Advocate
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 9:33 am

"Please hold off on any more sort of demeaning of anyone's character via the Internet."
Thanks.
I stand behind all, even the so called bad apples.

Two forums to receive a lot of info. Outstanding (and similar views)
Not sure about everyone else, but I BOUNCE BACK AND FORTH reading both sites...just to keep in the click.
Dannypaj
Forum Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next