Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caregiver Recognition Benefit

4 posters

Go down

Caregiver Recognition Benefit  Empty Caregiver Recognition Benefit

Post by Wolfman Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:23 am

Details Here: Caregiver Recognition Benefit  439216585 Caregiver Recognition Benefit

Wolfman
Wolfman
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Caregiver Recognition Benefit  Empty Caregiver Recognition Benefit (Infographic)

Post by Wolfman Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:39 am

Caregiver Recognition Benefit  Caregiver-recognition-infographic

Direct support for those who support out Veterans

This benefit will simplify how VAC recognizes and supports
caregivers with a monthly benefit of $1,000 payable directly to
them, tax free.

• 1K monthly, tax free benefit directly to caregivers

• No time limit to apply

• Recognition of caregivers support to Veterans

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/budget/supporting-families/caregiver-recognition-benefit-graphic
Wolfman
Wolfman
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Caregiver Recognition Benefit  Empty Caregiver Recognition Benefit (FAQs)

Post by Wolfman Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:53 am

What is the Caregiver Recognition Benefit (CRB)?

It is a new tax-free benefit of $1000 a month, paid directly to a Veteran’s informal caregiver.

What will the eligibility criteria be for the new caregiver benefit? Will it be the same as the Family Caregiver Relief Benefit?

The eligibility criteria remains the same for the new Caregiver Recognition Benefit. The main difference is that the new benefit will be a monthly, tax-free, amount paid directly to the caregiver.

Why does it have to be the Veteran who applies for the benefit? Why can’t the Caregiver apply?

It is the Veteran’s health issues which result in the need for a caregiver, therefore it is the Veteran who must apply for the benefit. If the Veteran has granted power of attorney to someone, that person may apply on behalf of the Veteran.

Is the Caregiver Recognition Benefit intended to provide employment income in lieu of the caregiver having other employment?

No. The Caregiver Recognition Benefit is not intended as a remuneration for work. The benefit is meant to recognize caregivers for the support they provide on a daily basis to ill and injured Veterans. VAC understands the vital role these individuals play in the lives of Veterans and is recognizing these efforts.

Why did you make this change?

To better recognize the contribution that informal caregivers make to the health and well-being of Veterans who need support as a result of a physical and/or mental health condition(s). The Veteran stakeholder community also made requests for this type of recognition.

When a Veteran serves, his/her family serves also.

Will access to this benefit be easier, compared to the existing Family Caregiver Relief Benefit (FCRB)?

The FCRB is an annual payment so the Veteran has to complete an initial application and then a renewal form each year after that. With the Caregiver Recognition Benefit, the Veteran will have to make the initial application only.

Who is considered a caregiver?

A caregiver is a person 18 years of age or older who plays an essential role in the provision or coordination of ongoing care to the Veteran in the Veteran’s home for which the caregiver receives no remuneration.

The informal caregiver is NOT required to live with the Veteran. At the time of application, the caregiver will attest to the fact that he or she is:

1. 18 years of age or older,
2. Plays an essential role in providing or coordinating the Veteran’s ongoing care in the Veteran’s home, and
3. Is not paid for providing / coordinating this care.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/help/faq/budget#crb
Wolfman
Wolfman
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Caregiver Recognition Benefit  Empty Re: Caregiver Recognition Benefit

Post by vet1 Sun 08 Apr 2018, 11:51 am

Would anyone be able to answer the question, please.
I have a regular caregiver (no benefits for that) and in respect of CRB, my relative doesn't want to have any (ANY) dealings with VAC. I might be able to convince my relative to signing the application for CRB but .... if there is any requirement to deal with VAC - there will be big NO to the signature. Is VAC in the habit of requiring to talk, meet, visit with the caregiver in respect to the CRB application process?
As I said many times before, my CM is useless but pretending to 'care'. I do not want any more visits from her etc.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Sun 08 Apr 2018, 6:19 pm

vet1 wrote:Would anyone be able to answer the question, please.
I have a regular caregiver (no benefits for that) and in respect of CRB, my relative doesn't want to have any (ANY) dealings with VAC.  I might be able to convince my relative to signing the application for CRB but .... if there is any requirement to deal with VAC - there will be big NO to the signature.   Is VAC in the habit of requiring to talk, meet, visit with the caregiver in respect to the CRB application process?
As I said many times before, my CM is useless but pretending to 'care'.  I do not want any more visits from her  etc.    

It's too early to know the contact between VAC and the caregiver, if any.

If any caregiver is concerned about having to deal with VAC you can tell them that the Monthly payments are tax free so no worries about tax issues. What you could do is get your relative to sign off and relay the tax free note to them, you can tell them it's new, and if there's a problem down the road with VAC they can let you know and you can find someone else.

They should have left the payment go to the Veteran. This is another bureaucratic spin on another new benefit. Furthermore I'm reading where some are now saying the CRB is more stringent than the former FCRB even though the Eligibility criteria are suppose to be the same.

In the meantime Seamus and Walt seem to think everything is just great. Both have to go.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon Sun 08 Apr 2018, 8:08 pm

Facebook Video on the new CRB

By Caregivers' Brigade

April 08, 2018

Canadian Families: Caregivers' Brigade

Falcon
Falcon
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Mon 09 Apr 2018, 2:28 pm

Thank you Trooper,
Precisely my sentiment. Nothing 'easy' with these (renamed) benefits.
Hopefully, new 'elections' will be like the ones in Hungary.
Cheers and Blessings

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:59 pm

Falcon
Falcon
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Sun 29 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

"If you have both a disability award and a disability pension of 1% or more, you are not eligible for the FCRB, but you may be eligible for the Attendance allowance. "
Reading some of the posts re this 'benefit' more and more people are being denied (as expected) and told to apply for Attendance Allowance (and being denied).
Also, the AttAllowance (if you get it) should start with the 1000 that is being 'offered' as CRB.
Again, two classes (or more of veterans) being created.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down