Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Blais

+31
Lionfield
Zoneforce
Starman
Masefield
Magnum
Cool~Way
Rekert
Jackal
Viper
Sandman
Powergunner
Falcon
Jeremiah
Stealth
Colter
Navigator
Zapper
RevForce
Hammercore
Hunter
Riverway
Victor
Lincoln
Cypher
Stanleyz
Spectrum
Warrior
Alpha
SniperGod
Forcell
Trooper
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mike Blais - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Blais

Post by Cypher Tue 18 Sep 2018, 2:50 pm

Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Tue 30 Oct 2018, 7:51 pm

Mike Blais - Page 2 45167965_10155871313751439_3683529871931211776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared a post.

Oct 30, 2018

Help me!

Michael Blais

WARNING ORDER. OPERATION ANYBODY BUT TRUDEAU. 2019

Enough. He has broken the Sacred Obligation promise. Who does that? How low can you go? Lying to Canada's children, the armless, the legless, the blind and insane.... as the tune goes.

We, many veterans have voted for for Trudeau simply because he pretended to accept the sacred obligation while promising to reestablish the life time pension.... in exchange for our votes.

Talk to your friends. Talk to your family. Vote the great pretender out by denying him and all liberals your vote.

Trudeau et al is not fit to lead!

Lincoln
Lincoln
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Thu 01 Nov 2018, 11:42 am

Victor
Victor
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverway Wed 16 Jan 2019, 4:16 pm

Michael Blais was live Facebook Jan 16, 2019

Life time pension New Minister.

https://www.facebook.com/Mike.Blais.RCR/videos/10213478805504448/
Riverway
Riverway
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Thu 17 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm

Michael Blais was live. Jan 17, 2019

Jan 17 - 2017 Dennis Manuge led class action suit. 165 million and damages...

New Minister thoughts... Will there be change? I suggest we will see on who remains at the bureacratic level. If there are no changes there, the status quo, abysmal, will remain.

email justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca ... tell him to fulfill the sacred obligation promise and stop ripping off veterans

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Sun 20 Jan 2019, 4:44 pm

Michael Blais was live.
1 hr
Jan 20 - veterans. Sunday sermon! Be the one!

emails
Sta Annes support

wolfsolkin@icloud.com - Important! CC You MP and PM of CDA

justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

Lifetime pension - PM - CC your MP.

Dennis Manuge law Suit - copy and paste to Dennis on Facebook - PM and your MP

Be the one, that is three emails you can deliver this week. make a difference no matter how "crippled" you are! Don't let them keep you out of the temple when you should be sitting in judgment, not judged.

Lincoln
Lincoln
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon 21 Jan 2019, 6:51 pm

Michael Blais was live. > Jan 21, 2019

Jan 21 - Niagara DND issues

Mali Peacekeeper deaths - SEXUAL ASSAULT - Duty to report - Admiral Norman

justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca wolfsolkin@icloud.com

Alpha
Alpha
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammercore Wed 23 Jan 2019, 7:24 am

Canadian Veterans Advocacy Jan 22, 2019

Here we go again. My 8th minister to deal with now. Opening salvo, snicker, aka shot over.

Minister

My name is Michael Blais CD, I am 61-years-old, a seriously disabled veteran and a client of Veterans Affairs Canada.

I am also the president and founder of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy and it is in this capacity that I am contacting you today.

We have met on several occasions, most noteworthy at CTV Ottawa very early in the morning after you were appointed to the Justice portfolio. Perry Bellegarde was also present, we were the post-cabinet morning schedule, something which at the time, I was grateful for in the sense that we each represented a value that is cherished to me; justice, veterans, and .the relationship Canada has with its indigenous communities. I was optimistic that the time that we each represented a new vision for the nation, one that would take great measures in improving quality of life for those to whom Canada does bear a Sacred Obligation and creating laws that truly reflected our society.

Needless to say, I am not too optimistic now and perhaps, as do you, feel somewhat betrayed not on a personal level and that we have been thwarted in attaining the "Canadian" principles we aspire to create. This is tragic and as the envisioned results have failed to meet this obligation and three years later, the primary electoral promise on the PFL the prime minister made to veterans in exchange for our votes have yet to be fulfilled. The last minister pretended to listen to our voices but, as reflective by the recent announcements, failed to hear what we were saying. Or understand the adverse political consequences this extraordinary betrayal shall have on the way that veterans and those who serve vote this election and, without doubt, far into the future. The PFL promise to provide equality, without reservation or discrimination, in recognition of national sacrifice to the standards of the Pension Act Provisions, has been negated. Full equality remains elusive, instead, what has been provided, thirty to forty cents on the dollar veterans have been notified formally as of this week, has been welcomed with universal disdain by those affected.

This is unfortunate for you as a new minister, never the less, I am optimistic there may be common ground wherein we can work together in improving adversarial standards. I hope that you are not disappointed in the sense of considering the transfer a demotion, will embrace the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and dispell the unnecessary negativity and the perception you have been parachuted into an untenable position. Leadership, a quality I believe you possess, is required as I believe that the lack of leadership has bastardized what should have been a comprehensive mandate letter from the PM into a bureaucratic illusion, very similar to what Erin O'Toole promised to implement when the conservatives are in power. Yes, there have been improvements, I am grateful, they were long overdue, particularly in respect of spouses, family, and caregivers. But veterans did not vote for the status quo. The Canadian Veterans Advocacy only serves the wounded and on that level, you must understand there is an important distinction between the many veterans social organizations founded on general military experience, UN or war service and/or commemoration, that our focus, as General Leslie once noted, is laser-focused on the quality of life issues traumatized veterans of the Afghanistan War were and are continuing to experience. I hope that you will take this into consideration when you strike this season's parliamentary advisories and respect our most mission defined responsibilities (only serving the wounded) within the veterans disabled community by acceding to a meeting with myself in February when I am in Ottawa from the 5th to the 9th on our first advocacy mission of the year.

I will be frank, the message the CVA has brought to Ottawa since I founded the advocacy has been unwavering and based on consultation. I am merely the messenger fighting for the Sacred Obligation principles in respect to national sacrifice, to ensure the uniqueness of the lifetime pension is applied equally to the "established" Pension Act standards. The promise the prime minister offer in exchange for Canadians votes was to "re-establish", not create some chump change formulae bereft of the respect provided through the Pension Act.

There must be equality in recognition of National Sacrifice. I believe that this message, our message, is based on the very spirit of our nation, that Canada has been adrift and that reforms, both in spirit and through the legislative-bureaucratic mechanisms we honor our veterans, are vitally important if we are to encourage the next generation of Canada's Sons and Daughters to volunteer their lives on behalf of Canada. The spirit is failing, one only has to look at the recruitment numbers to see the demonstratively adverse impact years of neglect and the consequential PR the CVA and others have generated to highlight the depths of the travail and garner public support, has affected, perhaps , infected the spirit of those who might have been inclined to serve Canada by wearing the uniform we cherish. Sadly, I cannot in good conscience encourage anybody to join the Canadian Armed Forces at this time. Not because of what is occurring at DND where General Vance has attempted to implement significant reforms in transition, mental health, and sexual assault. Regrettably, it is what happens when they are wounded, injured or mentally traumatized through sexual assault or domestic service that I fear. The department has been adrift, priorities askew, focused more on commemoration and feel good trips than service delivery, inadequate in performance at the highest levels of bureaucracy. To blunt? The recent survey would substantiate the position, despite how the revelations have been twisted to deflect accountability. There is no perspective, of course, there are more complaints about service delivery; the systematic failures on that level far surpasses the realm-inclusive numbers of Afghanistan War veterans who's incredible national sacrifice has been disrespected by the PFL and New Veterans Charter. Furthermore, all generation of veterans have been affected, I am old, Pension Act, just experienced three months without a disability scooter due to VAC's glacial process. I understand all too well the frustrations veterans are confronting and have been confronting now and in the past, however, the problems have been identified, this is nothing new.

In respect to the survey, I would suggest your priority must be focused on the deficiencies that are affecting those who suffered and are suffering the greatest. The generation of Afghanistan War veterans are small when compared to the general client base of VAC, yet I trust that we agree that this is where the levels of trauma, both mental and physical, have proven to be the most extreme and demand prioritized attention in the now.

And, perhaps, we can agree the PFL promises to respect this extraordinary sacrifice. I have always believed that parliament reserves the right to define how Canada acknowledged national sacrifice and while supportive of the Equitas lawsuit to our full capabilities since they launched, we understood that even were they successful, parliament would decide on how to conform to the decisions mandate. Accordingly, our focus has since 2010 and to this day applied to engaging parliament. I believed, after frank discussions with the prime minister prior to the election, that we had finally found a leader worthy of the mantle, a prime minister who understood the "priority" in reestablishing the Pension Act standards in acknowledgment of national sacrifice that once made this nation great! The election is imminent, so now, as a consequence of the PFL announcement, is an erosion of the Liberal's veterans centric vote. This was the Sacred Obligation promise, neither veteran nor serving member voted Liberal for the status quo on service delivery or other peripheral issues identified in the survey. Nor did we have realistic expectations considering the manner in which the conservatives ravaged the department, the need to hire so many front line personnel and more importantly, train them to a standard wherein they can provide expedient support. The department's legacy certainly did not offer encouragement yet it boggles my mind to see now, three years later, after fighting so hard for the hundreds of millions of dollars currently committed, to witness fundamental, long-standing flaws such as adjudication times or service delivery flaws unresolved. I have been a VAC stakeholder since 2011, we have been discussing the same issues identified then as we are now! Frustrating, worthy for consideration in a more serious light in the sense ministers come and go -your my 8th- but there has been a pervasive continuity of poor performance at the highest bureaucratic leadership levels since Fantino that apparently is beyond ministerial control. The standards promised in the post-election mandate letter have not been achieved, yet no one is held to account. The long-standing perception the retired general is the defacto minister and the minister of the day just relays the department's endless excuses for noncompliance and the broken record mantra of Fantino, O'Toole, Hehr, O'Regan, now maybe you, how they were listening, how they have to do better... but never seem to do so!

Your reputation, Minister, also precedes you. We have something in common, as I have been called "difficult" by my peers in advocacy and do not play well with those who do not meet my expectation in advocacy. Insert humor, if you like. But if you intend upon leaving your mark, of doing something attainable within your mandate, bring in a can-do Deputy Minister who shares your passion, an experienced career bureaucrat with a definitive mandate to change the never ending status quo under your watch. I would note before moving to the next issue, this is not personal. I like General Nytynzck and admire his service to this nation. However, the adversity inherent with the status quo has been perpetuated over, including yours, five ministers now. The problems, despite, hundreds of millions of dollars in additional money committed, remain the same, the survey revelations can only be deemed unacceptable and are, as a consequence, inflicting unnecessary, ineptitude created, duress, pain, and suffering on those the department has vowed to serve. With rank comes responsibility I understand no one likes to make these decisions and am hopeful the general will prefer to retire or accept reassignment instead of being fired. He is a good man, a fine general, but what is required is a firm, experienced deputy minister to ensure we are getting value for our expenses, not further discord within the community.

PFL. The prime minister said, " certain groups are asking for more than we can afford... right now." That was then, Feb 1, 2017. The CVA is one of those "certain groups" and while both I and those that support the CVA were profoundly disappointed, the adverse impact spread far beyond who we represent and now, surprisingly, includes most of the traditional veterans organizations. That was then, this is now, a year later and the erosion of political support, despite the hundreds of millions of dollars committed and yes, improvement in many areas, is fluid. I would encourage you to speak with the PM, remind him of the promise made, encourage him to meet with me with the intent of declaring the "right now" of last year has passed, the first stage of the PFL has been implemented and during the second mandate, the Liberals shall fully restore equality to the Pension Act in respect to the nation's Sacred Obligation standard of respect to national sacrifice.

Another priority abandoned was the promise of an in-patient urgent care facility as part of the COE mandate. I volunteered to serve on the Mental Health Advisory and when a subgroup was struck to discuss a bricks and mortars facility inclusive of an in-patient facility, was motivated by the tragic demise of Lionel Desmond, my regimental brother. And many others who, experiencing great distress, were turned denied care to the level required at the provincial level and either took their own lives or were driven to commit murder prior to taking their own lives. MCpl Despond reached out for help, God help us, he was denied not through medical malfeasance, but the lack of a bed, understanding the severity of war-related mental trauma and the level of care required to negate the risk, to stabilize and offer hope and perpetual support required. I understand that the cost inclusive of a brick and mortars facility is prohibitive, that the department is not in the business of providing direct medical care, however, this does not preclude our obligation and the need to find a way! Or the obligation VAC has to implement action that saves lives.

I should also like to mention the difficulties I have experienced in the past in providing support for veterans living on reserves across the nation and the requirement of additional resources and attention to be focused in this direction. I am always cognizant of one encounter, the situation was dire, addiction rampant, despair profound with a catastrophic event imminent. There was nowhere to go, due to the remote nature of the location, the preferred choice was to walk into the bush with a shotgun... Those words will be forever etched in my mind, Minister and were it not for the personal attention of John Jewitt, I fear the very worst would have happened. I admire John, there is purity of purpose I admire and would encourage you to engage him in dialogue in respect to the manner VAC provides services on this level so that you might fully understand the obligation.

I am hoping for a productive relationship, one based on the common acknowledgment of duty we, as respective caretakers, have to the wounded, their families and Canada's Memorial Cross Mothers/Fathers and children the nation has sustained as a consequence of Canada's longest war in Afghanistan. Or suicide. I should like to meet with you when I am in Ottawa between the 5-9th, hopefully, you will have personally read this letter and we can discuss our options and the way forward in a meaningful manner.

Respectfully,

Michael.

Hammercore
Hammercore
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammercore Wed 23 Jan 2019, 7:51 am

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's live video.

Jan 22, 2019

13 hrs ·
22 Jan 2017.... Dennis Manuge Veterans Legal Assistance Fund, Mefloquine, CVA outreach letter to the new minister. message to Justin Trudeau, Katy Thetford, and Gerald Butts...

https://veteranslegalassistance.ca/…

https://www.halifaxtoday.ca/…/veterans-…

Hammercore
Hammercore
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Wed 23 Jan 2019, 5:53 pm

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's live video. > Jan 23, 2019

Jan 23. 2017 What is the CVA definition of the Sacred Obligation. Brother sisterhood unity of purpose, peer support, being the friend when a friend is needed! PFL aka Pension For Life Betrayal! justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca Email now! Be the one!

Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by RevForce Thu 24 Jan 2019, 7:29 pm

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's post. > Jan 24, 2018
So, what percentage of those affected will get this little gem. The manner in which the bureacrats wrote was to ensure you do not qualify for the..., the Pension For Life's Pain and Suffering's Compensation monthly payment option... bullshit catch 22. No wonder they pulled this crap off without consultation. Bunk. Fight for yourselves now, rally around the wounded, fulfill your obligation by emailing justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

QUOTE Based on the information we have as of 10 Jan 2019, we estimate that you will not receive an additional amount. This is because the $ you have already received as a Disability Award is equal to or more than what you have received through the Pension For Life's Pain and Suffering's Compensation monthly payment option if it had been available at the time UNQUOTE. It goes on to say this advance notice is not a decision and has no legal authority. You will receive your decision letter in April 2019, etc.

RevForce
RevForce

Back to top Go down

Post by RevForce Thu 24 Jan 2019, 7:32 pm

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's live video. > Jan 24, 2019

Jan 24 Pension For Life _Email Campaign response. getting the conservatives and NDP to step up, and doing the right thing! Mental health! CATASTROPHIC consequences of the failed promise for an inpatient facility. HOW YOU CAN HELP!!!!!

RevForce
RevForce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lincoln Wed 30 Jan 2019, 2:17 pm

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's live Video - Jan 29, 2019

Jan 29.19 CVA Blazer Report, Update of Manuge lawsuit, pension for Life, regimental associations, brothers and sisters in arms. justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca. CC me in at mlblaisrcr@gmail.com It is important that they see that we have been included, that you are not alone!

Lincoln
Lincoln
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapper Wed 30 Jan 2019, 7:10 pm

Canadian Veterans Advocacy shared Michael Blais's live Video - Jan 30, 2019

Jan 30.19 Veterans MENTAL HEALTH!

Let's talk, and make it meaningful while we are at it. Be the one

Zapper
Zapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Navigator Wed 06 Feb 2019, 6:10 pm

Feb 6, 3019

Wednesday, Feb 6. 19 - Shot Over - VADM Norman update - Motivator to be the one when a bro or sister falls. Not giving up! Shot.... out!

Navigator
Navigator
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next