Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OAS to be deducted from the IRB at age 65

Go down

OAS to be deducted from the IRB at age 65 Empty OAS to be deducted from the IRB at age 65

Post by Slider Tue 12 Jun 2018, 6:31 am

Medric Cousineau Facebook Post

June 11, 2018

Well I am farkin furious. They say the devil is in the details and boy is it ever.

Veterans. The new Pension for Life has a built in surprise. So we all know that we are getting seen off at the Jetty with the CPP clawback from our military pensions. Well here comes another round.

Under the Income Replacement Benefit (IRB) at age 65 your income drops from 90 to 70 % minus any prescribed sources of income, which according to the submission in the Royal Gazette now includes OAS. Yep. BOHICA.
This government, especially the 'Crats are not missing a chance to lay the boots to our disabled veterans. So at Age 65, you lose both your CPP and OAS amounts from your IRB.

I have already engaged some parliamentarians. However, I think every single MP in this country needs to hear from us. This is a complete and utter pile of crap.

Review the link. Hint start at bottom and scroll up about 20 paras. It is very clear what happens. Funny how this little detail was not available before the review by house and senate Finance Committees. Once again the current DM fails to go to bat for the troops. That man sickens me.

The bill has not been passed. So let your MP, The Minister and especially the DM know what you think of this latest pile of crap.

Slider
Slider
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum