Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC

2 posters

Go down

DEC  Empty DEC

Post by vet1 Wed 18 Jul 2018, 1:14 pm

Small confusion on my part with processing info. When one gets DEC designation and is dropped from Rehab, is one still able to get the 90% LTD?
or is that also changed.

Anyone in that category? Thanks

vet1

Back to top Go down

DEC  Empty Re: DEC

Post by Warrior Wed 18 Jul 2018, 2:05 pm

LTD is 75%, ELB and the April 2019 IRB are 90% up to age 65.

The ELB in terms of Rehab and the DEC is as follows:

(3) Subject to subsection (4) and section 21, the earnings loss benefit is payable to a veteran until the earlier of

[...]

Marginal note:Continuation of benefit
(4) If the Minister determines that the veteran has a diminished earning capacity that is due to the physical or mental health problem for which the rehabilitation plan was developed, the earnings loss benefit continues to be payable to the veteran after the plan has been completed or cancelled until the earlier of

(a) the day on which the Minister determines that the veteran no longer has a diminished earning capacity that is due to that health problem

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/Search/Search.aspx?txtS3archA11=Earnings+Loss+Benefit&txtT1tl3=%22Veterans+Well-being+Act%22&h1ts0n1y=0&ddC0nt3ntTyp3=Acts

The following pertains to the new April 2019 IRB:

"A Veteran who is participating in VAC rehabilitation program will be evaluated to see if their permanent physical or mental health problem associated with their Income Replacement Benefit results in a permanent Diminished Earnings Capacity (DEC). If it turns out that the Veteran does have a DEC, then the IRB will be extended for the Veteran's lifetime or until the Veteran no longer has a DEC."

Warrior
Warrior
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Wed 18 Jul 2018, 3:16 pm

Thank you Warrior. For a moment I worried that I will be loosing the 15%.

Greatly appreciated.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum