Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government

Go down

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Empty The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government

Post by RunningLight Sat 29 Dec 2018, 1:35 pm

Andre Marin - Published on: December 29, 2018

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Cabinet-shuffle-20170828-e1533933494749

Last week in this space we ranked the top three worst cabinet ministers in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government.

The gold medal was given to Veterans Minister Seamus “Shameless” O’Regan, as he’s been nicknamed by many who believe he’s just over his head, doesn’t understand how his portfolio works and seems dismissive of veterans he’s there to serve.

O’Regan’s story is simply pathetic.

He claims that having to hang up his complementary $2000-and-up Canali suits when he left CTV News left him psychologically wounded like a soldier coming back from the theatre of war. So, according to him, he empathizes with them and understands how it feels to be battle-scarred. Poor baby.

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government CPT105-THE-CANADIAN-PRESS
Second in the incompetence line is Melanie Joly, the Minister Responsible of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie who thought it was a great idea to spend $5.6 million of your money for a 25-day rink on Parliament Hill, even though one of the largest rinks in the world, according to the hype, is the federally-run Rideau Canal, about 100 meters away.

Third in line for goofiness is the insufferable Environment Minister Catherine McKenna. She’s out there on social media trolling anyone and everyone who doesn’t share her view of climate change. And blocking those who disagree with her.

Doesn’t she have anything better to do?

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Question-period-20181016-e1539815896586
Let’s continue down the list to assess the runners-up in the talentless pool of Trudeau’s cabinet.

Number four belongs to ethically-challenged Finance Minister Bill Morneau who comes across as inoffensive enough, until you remember he was the guy, who in his disclosures to the ethics commissioner, happens to have forgotten the value of his villa in France. Whoops!

The Ethics Commissioner fined millionaire Morneau all of $200 for that lapse in memory. He apparently found some lose change in his pocket and paid the fine.

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government 0327-na-canadianisms-e1522341095418

And how about number five, Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan’s nose-stretcher exaggerating his role for Operation Medusa in Afghanistan in 2006 describing himself as the “architect” of the successful mission. Operation Medusa is widely considered Canada’s most successful operation there.

Just another slap in the face of our soldiers.

How can you possibly make such a “mistake”?

A red-faced Sajjan had to fess up to the media, apologizing seemingly because he was caught embellishing his role more than anything else, saying, “I’d like to apologize for my mistake in describing my role. I’d like to retract that and I am truly sorry for it. I in no way would like to diminish the great work that my former superiors and our great soldiers.”

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Sajjan

Sajjan’s original claim to fame “mistake” was in a prepared statement. He can’t say it was a slip of the tongue. A military member called him out for making up a “bald-face lie.”

The sixth worst performer is none other than Global Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland. Her constant poking in the eye of the bear, otherwise known as U.S. President Donald Trump, almost sent to the precipice any chance of getting a new free trade agreement.

Does Trudeau have any talent on his back benches?

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Ajw112519639-e1544671686709

Actually, he does. And two were actually billed as “star candidates” in the last election but their star never rose from the back seats of parliament.

What surprises me is that former head of the army and three-star general Andrew Leslie never made it to cabinet. This guy ran things. Did things. Big things. He’s an accomplished former military member but never made it past the back benches in parliament.

Isn’t he the type the Liberals would want to tap for an important cabinet job? Maybe even Defence Minister or Minister of Justice? Or any portfolio.

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government Andrew-Leslie

Then there’s pot guru Bill Blair, former Toronto Chief of Police, just recently elevated to a sort of cabinet post no one quite understands.

Up until lately, he was an afterthought in the Liberal government once the election was over, save for legalizing pot. Now he’s heading a departmental-less and hard to define job as Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction, whatever that is.

The cream has yet to rise to the top of Trudeau's government QUESTION_PERIOD_20181213_68487730-e1545325883426

In Trudeau’s world, not being a visible minority or a woman are two strikes against you. I can’t profess being a fan of either Leslie or Blair, but why are they not full-fledged cabinet ministers?

As they were both recruited as “star candidates,” with full credentials, I’m pretty sure that didn’t mean warming the back benches.

RunningLight
RunningLight
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down