Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum use Info

Go down

Forum use Info Empty Forum use Info

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:02 pm

How to Register to the Forum

Here's a step by step how to register to the forum.

Click on Register on the main home page.

Read the terms Forum Terms of service, scroll down and click on I Agree to these terms  

Input Username

Input Email

Input Password

Click Save

Confirm Password

Confirmation code

At this point you will see where it states Please solve this FunCaptcha so we know your a real person click Verify

At this point you will see where it states click on the image that is right way up or follow the instructions to solve the FunCaptcha.

Click Done, when solved.

At this point you will see where it states, Well done - Enjoy your stay.

Then you click: Save, this is what you will see: Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.

At this point you need to go to your inbox in your Email where you will find a message for you to Activate your Account.

Note: Make sure you check your spam or trash folder in your email, if you do not see your activation message when you open your email. Click on the activation link to activate your account.

At this point your ready to log onto the Forum using your username and password.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty How to post on the Forum

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:12 pm

How to post on the Forum

There are two ways to post on the Forum.

1. POSTREPLY is simply replying to a particular post , click on the POSTREPLY at the top of the topic , input your message and hit send at the bottom of your posted message.

2. NEWTOPIC is where you want to start a new topic.
This is done by going into a category and click on NEWTOPIC at the top of the page.
Input your Title of the topic , input your message and hit send at the bottom of your posted message.
Note: You must specify a subject for your message in your topic title space in order be able to send your message.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty How to Create and Avatar.

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:16 pm

How to Create and Avatar.

To create and avatar you first need to find one that is suitable for you , you can do this by doing a Google search.
Once you have found the avatar you want to use , you right click on the image , left click and save as , this will take you to your Computer folder box , click save at the bottom of this folder box.
You now have the image saved on your PC.

To create the avatar into your Profile is as follows ;

1. Click Profile at the top of the Forum home page , you must be Logged in to do this.

2. Click on Avatar.

3. Click on choose file.

4. Find the avatar image that you have saved from your computer folder box.

5. Double click on the image.

6. Hit save.

You now have successfully created your avatar.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Forgot Your Password/Create A New One

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

Forgot Your Password/Create A New One

In the event you have lost your password , the following will explain how to obtain a new one , without losing anything from your member profile.

1. Click on Log in from the Forum home page.  

2. Left click on I forgot my password.

3. Input your username.

4. Input your e-mail address , note that this e-mail address needs to be the same e-mail you used when you registered.

5. Click save.

6. A message will appear saying that a new password has been created ; please check your e-mail for details on how to activate it.

Upon opening your e-mail a new message from the Forum will appear (New Password Activation)

Click on the message and the following will appear ;

Hello Donna

You are receiving this e-mail because you have requested a new password to be sent for your Forum account. If you did not request this e-mail then please ignore it, if you keep receiving it please contact the board administrator.

To use the new password, you need to activate it. To do this, click the link provided below.

Click here

If successful you will be able to login using the following password:

Password: XXXXXX

Of course, you can change this password yourself via the profile page. If you have any difficulties, please contact the board administrator.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty How do I edit or delete a post?

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm

How do I edit or delete a post?

Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty How do I add a signature to my post?

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

How do I add a signature to my post?

To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Private Messaging

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

Private Messaging

I cannot send private messages!

There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you individually from sending messages. If it is the latter case you should try asking the administrator why.

To send a Private Message simply find the member you wish to send your message to and besides the user name click on PM.
Input the Subject , write the message below and hit send.
You can locate the member in the Memberlist.

It is always a good Idea to check for any new messages each time you log onto the Forum.

Note: When sending a Private message your message will show in your Outbox and will stay in your Outbox until the receiver opens and reads the sent message , your Sentbox will remain empty up until the receiver opens and reads the sent message.
Once the receiver opens and reads the sent message your Outbox will be empty and the sent message will now show in your Sentbox.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Ad blocking you from the (Log in) to the Forum

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm

Ad blocking you from the (Log in) to the Forum

Ad blocking you from the (Log in) to the Forum.

This is a question I get every now and then, I cannot Log in, there's and ad blocking me from doing so.

First off this is not caused by anything related to the forum itself, it usually is caused by your search engine which causes a pop up ad to find it's way to your forums home page, not allowing you to Log in.

How to remove the ad?

I will explain a couple of methods that has worked for some.

1. Clear browsing data/history from your search engine, restart your computer.

If that does not work, try method #2

2. Download Adblock OR Ad remover from the net.

These are two methods that have worked in the past, in the event neither method works, you will have to try other ways by searching the web for solutions, perhaps re installing your search engine may also resolve this.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Forum Home Page Ads

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm

Forum Home Page Ads

The Ads you see on the Forum are controlled by our host, Forumotion.

No administrators have control over Forum advertisements, they are certain Ads that are controlled by the administrators in the form of showing at the bottom of each post, these were set by default back in February, these particular Ads are controlled by the administrators, I removed them, the day they were activated by default.

Something you can try that worked for me in removing all the Ads, is to download (Adblock Plus) there's downloads available online for different search engines.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Why you should Refresh your Forum Page before posting a message.

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm

Why you should Refresh your Forum Page before posting a message.

What is Refreshing your Forum Page?

When you first log in to the forum any posted messages that were posted since your last visit, unread posted messages, will be indicated by an orange colored symbol directly to the right of the username of the last post.
Once the posted message has been read, the orange colored symbol will no longer be visible.

It's always a good Idea to go through these unread messages even if it's done quickly, this can eliminate the posting of a message that has already been posted. Refreshing your forum page regularly is a good Idea in keeping yourself up to date on what is being posted on the forum. To refresh your page you simply need to click on any message, and left click once you have opened the message to refresh the page, any unread posted messages will show as in the orange colored symbol.

Before you post an article or message, you should make sure you refresh the main page to check and see if other messages were posted while you were in your message area, the article or message may have already been posted, the orange colored symbol will show if messages were posted. If your looking for a post that you posted, and you can't find it, it might have been moved, refresh your page to see what messages you have not read, your posted message will likely be found in this way, just by refreshing your page.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Why is my Government Link no Longer Working?

Post by Trooper Sat 07 Oct 2017, 5:34 pm

Why is my Government Link no Longer Working?

In the event a government link fails to open does not necessarily mean the link is dead.

Government websites are almost constantly doing upgrades/maintenance to their sites.
During the upgrades/maintenance the site, or link may not open, leaving the belief that the link is dead.

If this happens, wait for a bit and retry, eventually the link will work again.

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Forum use Info Empty Re: Forum use Info

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down