Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax Assistance Required

2 posters

Go down

Tax Assistance Required Empty Tax Assistance Required

Post by GreybeardGunner Fri 28 Feb 2020, 6:02 pm

Hello:

I am a recently 3B released member and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good tax advisor in Halifax. This is the first year out of the military and my wife and I usually do our own taxes. However, it looks like I owe upwards of 6K this year, and I want to talk to someone who knows how to mitigate the amount I owe.  

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

GreybeardGunner

Back to top Go down

Tax Assistance Required Empty Re: Tax Assistance Required

Post by Trooper Fri 28 Feb 2020, 6:44 pm

In my own opinion, unless your taxes are extremely complex IE: Business, estates, and so forth, you would probably get the same advice/help from H&R Block for next to nothing in price compared to forking out big bucks for an accountant. During the SISIP lawsuit hundreds of us were searching for help with our taxes for the T1198 form breaking up our payments over the course of the years obtained. I got mine done for 100 dollars through H&R Block.

It's entirely up to you which way you choose to proceed. Lot's of accountants in the Halifax area if your more comfortable with taken that route.

Others on the forum may have something else to offer.

Here is a good link for you to take a look at: Exclamation TAX MINIMIZATION STRATEGIES

Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down