Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis

3 posters

Go down

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis Empty Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis

Post by Vmaxocalz Wed 14 Sep 2022, 7:43 pm

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis

Lee Berthiaume · The Canadian Press · Posted: Sep 14, 2022

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis Cannabis-prison-20181010

Vmaxocalz
Vmaxocalz
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis Empty Re: Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis

Post by Newf Thu 15 Sep 2022, 6:53 am

The Canadian Press (CBC) only gave ONE side to this story in an attempt to make it appear the program is costly and not managed properly. I am of the opinion, The Canadian Press is setting the stage to drum up public support for the Government to make changes to this program. Perhaps, changes may be needed to better manage the program but this story is so one sided.

It would have been nice for the Canadian Press to also indicate how much monies were saved from Veterans who no longer have to take prescription medications from big pharma.
Newf
Newf
RCMP Coordinator

Trooper, Accer, Spider, JAFO, Edgefore and Proctor like this post

Back to top Go down

Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis Empty Re: Ottawa has lost control of $150M program for reimbursing veterans' cannabis

Post by JAFO Thu 15 Sep 2022, 11:50 am

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU NEWF! I went from $900-1000 a month for prescription meds to $350-500 for my medical oils/edibles.

So explain to me where marijuana is the most expensive drug paid for by VAC? The only point not brought up is that if a veteran that has the family PSHCP VAC becomes the second payee but PSHCP does not reimburse medical marijuana so VAC has to foot the whole bill!

Does anyone know someone who is taking both their prescription meds and medical oils/edibles? I haven't and when I was prescribed my oils it was highly recommended by the physician to stop taking prescription meds as it would turn me into a sloth!

IMO this article is nothing but a distraction for the public to bitch about when there is still a 40,000 backlog of applications!
JAFO
JAFO

Trooper, Accer, Spider, Edgefore and Proctor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down