Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd

2 posters

Go down

Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd Empty Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd

Post by vpoirier79 Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:58 pm

Im a military veteran who's next door neighbor, Mike, a cape breton regional municipality police constable for 35 years ,who served in Kosavo as a police officer with the UN alongside canadian military and RCMP in 2001 ,I believe , Suffers from PTSD from exposer from  guarding mass graves and the witnessing of body retrievals. My question is, what umbrella does he fall under for benefits if any. Any help would be appreciated

vpoirier79

Back to top Go down

Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd Empty Re: Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd

Post by Trooper Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:40 pm

I am aware of Canadian Municipal Police Officers working abroad under the UN as Police Officers.

I believe the training for those Municipal Officers came from the RCMP.

I am not aware of any Benefits offered to those Municipal Police Officers under Veterans Affairs Canada.

They can Contact Veterans Affairs Canada at 1-866-522-2122 to verify.

I would contact the Municipal Police force of which they were working at the time of being dispatched to the UN if this is the case. If this is the case, and the Municipal Force continued the salary of the Officer at the time spent abroad, the Force should have continued with the Benefits available moving forward.

They can also contact United Nations Association in Canada for info that may answer your questions.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd Empty Re: Canadian police officer, non rcmp, kosavo ptsd

Post by vpoirier79 Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info

vpoirier79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down