Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Useless!

3 posters

Go down

Useless! Empty Useless!

Post by Trooper Fri 24 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

Useless! 23559763_1537348039677524_5738412672481431229_n Seamus O'Regan
Yesterday at 7:30am

“Beyond that, what became clear to us quickly is the city itself — the leadership, the vision and the support — is another asset for us."
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador Dave Aker

Useless! TEL-web-23112017-MountPearHotel-KO_large
New full-service hotel coming to Mount Pearl in 2020

Eric G Hjalmarson How about support the Veterans aren’t you the minister of Veterans Affairs Canada. They need and deserve their tax free life long monthly disability pension back like your government promised

Another useless Minister of Veterans Affairs!

Useless!
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Useless! Empty Re: Useless!

Post by Accer Sun 26 Nov 2017, 2:45 pm

I agree, different minister, same BS.
Accer
Accer
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Sun 26 Nov 2017, 3:16 pm

Slow your roll people. Yes he is the Minister of Veterans Affairs but he is also the Member of Parliament for Mount Pearl.

This is his riding and he is doing his job that the people of Mount Pearl voted him in for.
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Sun 26 Nov 2017, 7:10 pm

JAFO wrote:Slow your roll people.  Yes he is the Minister of Veterans Affairs but he is also the Member of Parliament for Mount Pearl.

This is his riding and he is doing his job that the people of Mount Pearl voted him in for.

Seamus O'regan's Constituency is the MP of St. John's South — Mount Pearl for Newfoundland and Labrador.

He was promoted to Cabinet Minister of Veterans Affairs. Cabinet Ministers have what they call an Exempt Staff allocated to him for building his support team, which would include looking after his Constituency. The reason for this is to allow Cabinet Ministers to concentrate on their file.

If you were to look at Seamus Facebook, you will see where he answers all questions concerning his riding, but not questions asked by Veterans. If he wants to have a public Facebook page, and he is the Minister of Veterans Affairs, don't you think Veterans question would supersede questions not related to his portfolio?

Hehr did the exact same thing, avoided questions from Veterans, deleted questions from Veterans, and spent most of his time out of the Veterans file.

I'm getting tired of seeing Ministers who are put in charge of the Veterans file who have absolutely no clue of the file itself. It wouldn't be so bad if one would come out publicly and state they have no clue, and they are fully relying on the bureaucrats, at least then he could get respected for his honesty, and groups would stay clear away from him, and concentrate on other avenues.

On his interview from his hospital bed seamus said the following on the Equitas suit;

Seamus - "when it comes down to it, we did not take the Veterans to court. The Conservatives are the ones who took them to court, they should have addressed those concerns when they were in office."

Here's the thing, the Liberals are in power today, Seamus is the Minister of Veterans Affairs today, but yet, the government, Liberals, are still fighting the Equitas Law Suit!
In other words Seamus like his predecessor Hehr, blame it all on the past government. I don't buy that, and quite frankly it is a cop out, stupid response. What they both are saying is that we the Liberals will continue to fight fully the Equitas Law Suit. They the Liberals are not to be trusted, they will not improve the Veterans file to bring it even close to the old pension act, Fact.

Seamus might be a nice guy, he may even mean well, but when it comes to the Veterans file, he is useless. My advice to him would be to close his Facebook, hire a spokesperson from his Exempt Staff who is advised by the bureaucrats, and run the file in that fashion. This will save him a lot of grief, and embarrassment.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JAFO Sun 26 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

Just saying the man still has other duties as a Member of Parliament Trooper. He may be useless as the VAC Minister but he still has to know what is going on in his riding is all I was pointing out.
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:36 am

JAFO wrote:Just saying the man still has other duties as a Member of Parliament Trooper.  He may be useless as the VAC Minister but he still has to know what is going on in his riding is all I was pointing out.

Agree.

Don't mind me as I have a tendency to go on, and on when it comes to Ministers in charge of the Veterans file.

These Ministers who get appointed the Veterans file should have to go through a test program of knowledge into the Veterans file itself. They should be tested and only given the position if passed the test.

As it stands today, they give out those positions to whoever, these individuals have no clue about the in depth structure of the file, therefore they rely on the bureaucrats to fully run the file. The file moves on to benefit the bureaucrats while the Veterans are left fighting the government for fairness.

Being a nice with good intentions does not mean that things will improve. All that proves is that he is a nice guy.

There's less than two years remaining in the Liberal's term, that is not enough time to learn the Veterans file to the point of real change. So Seamus will rely on the bureaucrats, and the file will once again continue in chaos.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum