Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

+2
Dannypaj
Trooper
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

Post by Trooper Fri 19 Jan 2018, 8:49 am

What needs to be done here is the transition, rehab for those released out of service needs to fall under the department of national defence.

The medical release Veterans needs to fall under VAC.

What is happening now they are mixing the two which conflicts with medically released Veterans.

If you no longer become employable within the forces for medical reasons, you should fall under VAC. VAC should not force rehab, or back to work for any medically released Veterans. This should be left for the medically released Veteran to decide. The focus at this point should be the financial lifelong security for the medically released Veteran for the sacrifice the Veteran endured during their service time.

So when Walt and Seamus say there was nothing for the Veteran under the old pension act they are both wrong. Both are now saying they want to focus on transition and to keep in contact with the Veteran when in fact this should be left up to the Veteran, not VAC. We don't need babysitters, we need lifelong security. I understand what they are doing, they are taking away our lifeline of lifelong security, and they are using this transition and rehab tactic to justify it. I was around and in touch with the workings of the old pension act, and I can tell you that there was not chaos that we are seeing during these NVC days.

VAC is really a bad organization all around, it is run by bureaucrats who run things in a way that benefits them. Yes the pension act is history, but to say it falls short compared to the NVC/PFL, is incorrect.

And by the way, this thing about waiting until April 2019 for implementation of the new PFL, (which by the way is worthless), is as bogus as it comes, this is all about given the perception that the legislation is complicated, and it makes the bureaucrats look like they are working hard.

It's all government tactics, the Q&A by Walt and Seamus, all tactics. The whole Veteran file is surrounded by tactics used by the government to influence the public that they have the backs of Veterans.

The Veterans file is not progressing in any way shape or form, it is continuing to deteriorate from each new Minister appointed to our file.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Question and Answer session with Minister O'Regan on Pension for Life

Post by Dannypaj Fri 19 Jan 2018, 9:34 am

I second Trooper.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj

Back to top Go down

Post by vet1 Fri 19 Jan 2018, 10:56 am

Shortly before new elections they will work very hard at their PR and shout loudly, through their libtard media, how great they are to the veterans.
My 'policy' is very simple. Vote the bums out of their cushy positions, especially those who get their life long pensions after serving 6 years. I guess, the new minister for veterans is in that category.
I do not give a s*&*% about who gets in, even greens would be OK with me. As once one guy said on TV, 'they are all crooks'. Cheers. My two cents for the day.

vet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2