Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seamus O’Regan was at the Canadian War Museum

Go down

Seamus O’Regan was at the Canadian War Museum   Empty Seamus O’Regan was at the Canadian War Museum

Post by Lucifer Thu 26 Apr 2018, 4:57 pm

Seamus O'Regan

April 25, 2018

April 25 marks #AnzacDay.

This morning, I was at the Canadian War Museum to lay a wreath as we remember the Australians and New Zealanders who have fought and served in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations.

Anzac Day is important for Newfoundlanders as well, as more than 1,000 of The Royal Newfoundland Regiment Band soldiers fought alongside Australia and New Zealand in Gallipoli in 1915.

Gallipoli was the first of many battles during the First World War that would earn the Royal Newfoundland Regiment its impressive reputation.

My great-grand uncle, Richard Shortall, was one of those who served and was injured at Gallipoli.

"I cannot rest until I have told how Lieut. Shortall of No. 3 Platoon 1st Nfld. Regiment, saved the life of Corporal C.J. Renouf from being buried alive in his dug-out by the explosion of a Turkish shell from the big guns of Chocolate Hill."

Seamus O’Regan was at the Canadian War Museum   31387664_1696716493740677_5880604444361974270_n
Lucifer
Lucifer

Back to top Go down