Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability Pension Versus Disability Award

2 posters

Go down

Disability Pension Versus Disability Award Empty Disability Pension Versus Disability Award

Post by Sparrow Wed 10 Oct 2018, 11:38 am

Hi,

I am pensioned under the former Disability Pension plan versus the latter Disability Award plan. However, I put a consequential claim in for a condition last year. That claim is still pending a final decision, but I was wondering if a decision is favorable, would it go under the old plan or the new plan? Thanks.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Disability Pension Versus Disability Award Empty Re: Disability Pension Versus Disability Award

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:24 pm

Consequential claims awarded post 2006 are under the New Veterans Charter.

However, any increase in percentage for the original disability falls under the Pension Act.

Back to top Go down

Disability Pension Versus Disability Award Empty Re: Disability Pension Versus Disability Award

Post by Sparrow Wed 10 Oct 2018, 1:28 pm

Bruce72 wrote:Consequential claims awarded post 2006 are under the New Veterans Charter.

However, any increase in percentage for the original disability falls under the Pension Act.

Thanks Bruce72. That is what I am confused about.

If approved for this consequential claim, I am already at 102% under the old charter therefore no monetary gain is expected. My goal was only to get covered for treatments and medications pertaining to the consequential condition.

If this consequential condition falls under the New Veterans Charter, would there be a monetary gain in that scenario?

Thanks for your help.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 10 Oct 2018, 1:44 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:Consequential claims awarded post 2006 are under the New Veterans Charter.

Thanks Bruce72. That is what I am confused about.

If approved for this consequential claim, I am already at 102% under the old charter therefore no monetary gain is expected. My goal was only to get covered for treatments and medications pertaining to the consequential condition.

If this consequential condition falls under the New Veterans Charter, would there be a monetary gain in that scenario?

Thanks for your help.

No monetary gain, both pre 2006, and post 2006 systems are capped @ 100%

Correct, a favorable decision @ over 100% from either systems could help in treatment, and or medication benefits.
Warrior
Warrior
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Wed 10 Oct 2018, 1:50 pm

Thank you Warrior and Bruce72, that was what I was trying to determine, the pre and post 2006 scenarios and as you state, additional treatments and medication will be available if approved.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down