Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing

+9
Riverway
Ravenson
Luxray
Apollo
Kizzer
Rockarm
Spider
Powergunner
Accer
13 posters

Go down

Missing Empty Missing

Post by Accer Mon 27 Jan 2020, 5:15 pm

Missing Canadian Armed Forces member
last seen at nightclub: CFB Kingston

Posted January 27, 2020

Missing Michal-beaman-missing
Military police are looking for Pte. Michal Beaman, a Canadian Armed Forces member who went missing in Kingston on Friday. CFB Kingston

Arrow https://globalnews.ca/news/6467242/missing-canadian-armed-forces-member-kingston-nightclub/

Accer
Accer
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Missing Empty Re: Missing

Post by Powergunner Wed 29 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm

Military Police narrow search for missing private

Published on: January 29, 2020

https://www.thewhig.com/news/local-news/military-police-narrow-search-for-missing-private

Powergunner
Powergunner
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:44 pm

Body of missing Saint John reservist found in
water at Kingston, Ont.

CBC News · Posted: Jan 29, 2020

Missing Michal-beaman

Arrow https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/michal-beaman-missing-saint-john-1.5444983

Spider
Spider
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Accer Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:28 am

Canadian Forces investigating Kingston,
Ont. death of 22-year-old reservist

BY JENNIFER BASA AND ALEXANDRA MAZUR GLOBAL NEWS

Posted January 30, 2020

Arrow https://globalnews.ca/news/6486074/canadian-forces-investigating-reservist-death-kingston/

Accer
Accer
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockarm Fri 31 Jan 2020, 5:21 pm

Commanding officer says Saint John reservist found dead was 'held in high regard'

CBC January 30, 2020

Arrow https://ca.news.yahoo.com/commanding-officer-says-saint-john-213005844.html

Rockarm
Rockarm
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzer Thu 06 Feb 2020, 8:46 pm

'They really were brothers in arms'

Published on: February 6, 2020

Missing KI.0129-ki-missingfollow

Arrow https://www.thewhig.com/news/local-news/they-really-were-brothers-in-arms

Kizzer
Kizzer
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Tue 12 May 2020, 7:45 pm

Friends, family of missing N.S. veteran concerned about his disappearance

Posted May 12, 2020

Missing 916227195 https://globalnews.ca/news/6935058/n-s-veteran-disapperance/

Apollo
Apollo
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Sat 06 Jun 2020, 2:43 pm

Missing navy veteran from Tantallon found dead after long search

Michael Brown is the person who police found dead on June 1, according to Brown's family

CBC News · Posted: Jun 06, 2020

Missing Michael-brown
Michael Brown, a navy veteran last seen in early May, has been found dead, according to his family.

Missing 916227195 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/missing-man-nova-scotia-michael-brown-dead-1.5601616

Luxray
Luxray
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenson Tue 15 Dec 2020, 8:35 am

Master sailor missing from HMCS Winnipeg,
military says

The Canadian Press · Posted: Dec 15, 2020

Missing Hmcs-winnipeg-20180511

Ravenson
Ravenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverway Wed 16 Dec 2020, 9:04 am

Search called off for Winnipeg sailor missing from
Canadian navy ship, military says

CBC News · Posted: Dec 16, 2020

Missing Hmcs-winnipeg-20180511

Riverway
Riverway
Benefits Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Thu 17 Dec 2020, 9:37 pm

Colter
Colter
News Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcell Fri 21 Jan 2022, 1:39 pm

Search continues for retired Cape Breton veteran missing in Ontario

Jan 20. 2022

Forcell
Forcell
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cooper Tue 01 Feb 2022, 9:23 pm

Family of missing veteran Katrina Blagdon appeals for help

By Gerald Tracey -February 1, 2022

Pembroke — The family of Katrina Blagdon, who has been missing since December 31 and has deep connections to the Pembroke/Petawawa area, were highly visible during the “Freedom Convoy” protest on Friday at the Irving Big Stop, hoping to raise awareness and ask for help to find their loved one.

The single mom and Canadian Forces veteran was last seen in public in St. Catharines on New Year’s Eve about 6 p.m. According to social media posts from her family, her boyfriend said they went home and when he awoke the next morning she was not there. There has been no cellphone activity since she was last seen in public and her cellphone has not been located, although all her other belongings including her purse, bank card and passport were all found in her home. Her family reported her missing on January 2. She lived in Petawawa for 14 years and moved to Southern Ontario five years ago but continues to have deep ties to the Valley.

Thomasina Plourde of Petawawa is a good friend of Ms. Blagdon, 37. She described her as the mom of “two beautiful boys, 16 and 17, and a veteran suffering from severe PTSD.”

She said since her friend went missing there has been no trace of her.

“No camera has picked her up. Nothing,” she said. “She has bad PTSD. She was in army for 14 years and I served with her.”

The women were posted in Petawawa where Ms. Plourde continues to live. Although her friend went missing in St. Catharines, they wanted to raise awareness locally because they believe she might be in Petawawa or the area.

“Because this is her home. This is our home. This becomes your home after you spend that many years here. I’ve been here 19 years. I was military. I retired and Petawawa is my home,” she said.

The women come from a similar background in the East Coast. She’s from Newfoundland; Katrina from Cape Breton.

“But all her family is in Pembroke, but now they are all in St. Catharines searching for her,” she said.

Ms. Plourde said she feels there is not enough media attention in St. Catharines, so they are doing whatever they can to raise awareness and ask if anyone has seen her or knows anything.

“I think Katrina is scared of something and I think she ran,” she said. “She doesn’t trust anybody. And if she were to run I’m afraid she would come here. I want people to open their eyes here in case they see her. Because she knows we would take care of her here.”

As of Friday, Ms. Plourde had been searching for her friend for 28 days.

Having the Freedom Convoy and the kind of national media attention come to Pembroke was a good opportunity to get more information out about her missing friend, she said.

“This is an amazing bonus,” she said. “I was going to go to Arnprior. If I had known all the trucks were going to stop in Arnprior I would have gone to Arnprior because I have 450 more flyers.”

Katrina’s sister, Shelley Blagdon, lives in Pembroke and is deeply concerned about her.

“I honestly don’t know at this point (what may have happened to her),” she said. “I know she was last seen with her boyfriend and she vanished out of thin air and since then we have not seen her or heard from her. No contact. Nothing.”

Being visible with posters and information about Katrina is important in case anyone has seen her, she said. The stop along the Freedom Convoy was a great opportunity to do that for the family.
“We’re bringing awareness,” she said. “These people are travelling all across Canada so if anyone sees her, if they could call and let us know that she’s okay.”

Katrina’s parents, Shawn Numa and Bonnie Blagdon have been in St. Catharines for the last month and have not stopped looking. Other family members include older sister Kelly, Shelley, Katrina, Katie and Steven.

There is a GoFundMe page to support the family as they are having to stay in rental accommodation in St. Catharines as they search for her and engaged a lawyer to protect her assets. The family has a Facebook page and has been updating information there as well. According to that information the family continues to search in the Niagara area, and public appeals have been made there for assistance as well. Anyone with information regarding the location of Katrina is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service dispatch at (905) 688-4111, dial option 3, extension 1024325.

Cooper
Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cooper Tue 01 Feb 2022, 9:28 pm

Cooper wrote:
Family of missing veteran Katrina Blagdon appeals for help

By Gerald Tracey -February 1, 2022

Pembroke — The family of Katrina Blagdon, who has been missing since December 31 and has deep connections to the Pembroke/Petawawa area, were highly visible during the “Freedom Convoy” protest on Friday at the Irving Big Stop, hoping to raise awareness and ask for help to find their loved one.

The single mom and Canadian Forces veteran was last seen in public in St. Catharines on New Year’s Eve about 6 p.m. According to social media posts from her family, her boyfriend said they went home and when he awoke the next morning she was not there. There has been no cellphone activity since she was last seen in public and her cellphone has not been located, although all her other belongings including her purse, bank card and passport were all found in her home. Her family reported her missing on January 2. She lived in Petawawa for 14 years and moved to Southern Ontario five years ago but continues to have deep ties to the Valley.

Thomasina Plourde of Petawawa is a good friend of Ms. Blagdon, 37. She described her as the mom of “two beautiful boys, 16 and 17, and a veteran suffering from severe PTSD.”

She said since her friend went missing there has been no trace of her.

“No camera has picked her up. Nothing,” she said. “She has bad PTSD. She was in army for 14 years and I served with her.”

The women were posted in Petawawa where Ms. Plourde continues to live. Although her friend went missing in St. Catharines, they wanted to raise awareness locally because they believe she might be in Petawawa or the area.

“Because this is her home. This is our home. This becomes your home after you spend that many years here. I’ve been here 19 years. I was military. I retired and Petawawa is my home,” she said.

The women come from a similar background in the East Coast. She’s from Newfoundland; Katrina from Cape Breton.

“But all her family is in Pembroke, but now they are all in St. Catharines searching for her,” she said.

Ms. Plourde said she feels there is not enough media attention in St. Catharines, so they are doing whatever they can to raise awareness and ask if anyone has seen her or knows anything.

“I think Katrina is scared of something and I think she ran,” she said. “She doesn’t trust anybody. And if she were to run I’m afraid she would come here. I want people to open their eyes here in case they see her. Because she knows we would take care of her here.”

As of Friday, Ms. Plourde had been searching for her friend for 28 days.

Having the Freedom Convoy and the kind of national media attention come to Pembroke was a good opportunity to get more information out about her missing friend, she said.

“This is an amazing bonus,” she said. “I was going to go to Arnprior. If I had known all the trucks were going to stop in Arnprior I would have gone to Arnprior because I have 450 more flyers.”

Katrina’s sister, Shelley Blagdon, lives in Pembroke and is deeply concerned about her.

“I honestly don’t know at this point (what may have happened to her),” she said. “I know she was last seen with her boyfriend and she vanished out of thin air and since then we have not seen her or heard from her. No contact. Nothing.”

Being visible with posters and information about Katrina is important in case anyone has seen her, she said. The stop along the Freedom Convoy was a great opportunity to do that for the family.
“We’re bringing awareness,” she said. “These people are travelling all across Canada so if anyone sees her, if they could call and let us know that she’s okay.”

Katrina’s parents, Shawn Numa and Bonnie Blagdon have been in St. Catharines for the last month and have not stopped looking. Other family members include older sister Kelly, Shelley, Katrina, Katie and Steven.

There is a GoFundMe page to support the family as they are having to stay in rental accommodation in St. Catharines as they search for her and engaged a lawyer to protect her assets. The family has a Facebook page and has been updating information there as well.  According to that information the family continues to search in the Niagara area, and public appeals have been made there for assistance as well. Anyone with information regarding the location of Katrina is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service dispatch at (905) 688-4111, dial option 3, extension 1024325.

IT HAS BEEN A MONTH SINCE A 37 YR OLD MILITARY VET VANISHED IN ST. CATHARINES

BONNIE HESLOPMonday, January 31st 2022

Cooper
Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocko Sun 07 Apr 2024, 5:18 pm

Canadian soldier missing, presumed dead in Swiss avalanche: Armed Forces

Published April 7, 2024

OTTAWA - The Canadian military says a soldier is presumed dead after being caught in an avalanche while on leave in Switzerland.
A statement from the Armed Forces says Capt. Sean Thomas went missing in the slide on April 1.

Local authorities had reported that three people were killed in an off-piste area of the Riffelberg, above the resort and below the famed Matterhorn peak.

The military says Thomas joined the Armed Forces in 2018 and he'd been deployed to Jordan last November as part of the Canadian Training Assistance Team.

He was set to return home next month.

No other Canadian Armed Forces members were in the area at the time of the slide.

With files from The Associated Press

Rocko
Rocko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down