Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone get a letter like this ?

Go down

Anyone get a letter like this ? Empty Anyone get a letter like this ?

Post by pinger Wed 11 Apr 2018, 4:20 pm

Hello all.

Been away from the site for a while.
But got this today.

Political pompous bloat comes to mind.

" Dear xxxx:

I am following up on the email you wrote to my predecessor on December xx, 2015, about the benefits available to Veterans.

On December 20, 2017, I unveiled the Pension for Life option, a monthly payment for life for a service-related illness or injury. This is a more flexible approach to providing Canadian Armed Forces members who were injured in the line of duty with the help they need to lead full and productive lives after service. Under this plan, we will reduce the complexity of benefits offered by Veterans Affairs Canada and focus on three pillars of support.

The non-taxable pain and suffering compensation will replace the lump-sum disability award to recognize the non-financial impacts of a service-related disability. Veterans will have the option to receive this benefit as a lifelong monthly payment, at a maximum of $1,150, or as a one-time payment. Individuals who previously received a disability award may be eligible for an adjusted monthly amount based on the amount already received, the amount they would have received so far had the monthly payment option been available when they were granted their award, and an annuity calculation that includes factors such as age, inflation and interest.

In addition, Veterans who have a severe and permanent service-related impairment that is creating barriers to their re-establishment in civilian life will be entitled to receive additional pain and suffering compensation of up to $1,500 per month, tax free. Those who were in receipt of the Career Impact Allowance will automatically qualify for this benefit, and their grade level will be protected.

Furthermore, several existing financial benefits will be consolidated into the new Income Replacement Benefit to provide monthly financial support to eligible Veterans while they undergo rehabilitation. Those whose earning capacity was significantly reduced as the result of a service-related health condition will continue to be eligible for this benefit for life. Some Veterans may also qualify for the career progression factor, an annual one percent increase to their Income Replacement Benefit until they would have completed 20 years of service or turn age 60. The Canadian Forces Income Support will remain in place.

Veterans can be assured that their family will be looked after in the event of their passing. The surviving spouses or common-law partners and dependent children of those who were receiving the monthly pain and suffering compensation will be paid any residual amount owed to the Veteran in the form of a lump sum. They can also apply for this benefit posthumously on behalf of the Veteran. As well, survivors and dependants will receive the Income Replacement Benefit. The amount will depend on the Veteran’s age and whether the death was service related.

Veterans who were previously entitled to the Earnings Loss Benefit, the Career Impact Allowance Supplement and/or the Retirement Income Security Benefit will not receive less than before. The same applies to financial benefits for survivors and dependants.

The Pension for Life, which is expected to take effect on April 1, 2019, represents almost $3.6 billion in additional support for Veterans and their families. When combined with the programs announced in Budgets 2016 and 2017, our Government will have invested nearly $10 billion in a holistic package of benefits that targets all aspects of our Veterans’ well-being, including their physical and mental health as well as post-military education, employment and financial security for our most ill and injured Veterans.

If you have questions about the Pension for Life or any of the programs available from Veterans Affairs Canada, I encourage you to visit our website (www.veterans.gc.ca) or call our toll-free number (1-866-522-2122). A representative would be glad to assist you in every way possible.

Sincerely,

The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, PC, MP "

My underline in the above but shyte, I can't help thinking of a sales rep.

Stay well everyone.

pinger.
pinger
pinger

Back to top Go down