Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018

4 posters

Go down

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018 Empty Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018

Post by Powergunner Mon 01 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

Seamus O’Regan Facebook

Oct 01, 2018

I will be in Montreal to hear from Veterans and their families about Pension For Life and how we can continue to improve services for Veterans.

If you would like to join me, register now: https://na1se.voxco.com/SE/157/montreal/

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018 42900097_1902364599842531_1579342694025527296_n
Powergunner
Powergunner
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018 Empty Re: Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018

Post by Matrix Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

Wolf Wm Solkin shared a post.

Oct 05, 2018

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018 43138817_251329275531502_3042256456813379584_n

For some time now, the Minister of Veterans Affairs, Seamus O'Regan, has proudly, publicly, and prominently advertised, in the press and on the Internet, that he " will be in Montreal ( on October 4th) to hear from Veterans and their families about Pensions for Life, and how we can continue to improve services for Veterans".

Further on, the promotional/invitational blurb states that " He would like to take this opportunity to meet with local Veterans and their families", and that this event is to be a " Town Hall" meeting at an hotel near "Montreal Airport"(sic).

A number of people, Veterans and civilians alike, have posted messages to the Minister, and to me, proposing that, while in Montreal, he also pay a visit to Ste. Anne's Hospital, where he would have a ready-made, built-in "opportunity to meet with (166) local Veterans and their families", and to " hear from Veterans and their families about [Penchants]for Life, and how (he) can continue to improve services for Veterans", all, in his own words, per his expressly advertised desire and intention.

Not only is Ste. Anne's Hospital but a few fifteen minutes away from his chosen airport location, but we have a very large auditorium , with many hundreds of chairs, where this cost-conscious confident man, could have held his Town Hall for free, thus freeing up further funds to be added to the surplus he recently shipped back to Treasury Board.

However reasonable and productive the suggestions that he visit Ste. Anne's might have been, they did not take into account the plentiful previous such invitations, I have urgently extended to this Minister, (charged with ensuring the health and welfare of my comrades-in- harm's -way), personally/ directly, via his Deputy Minister, and through his Parliamentary Secretary, in writing and orally, only to have him wipe his muddied and muddled feet upon my virtual Veterans' Welcome Mat, in stony silence, in every instance.

The feckless face presented by the Minister (and his minions), in knowingly and deliberately avoiding, and omitting to pay the slightest iota of attention to the existence of, the vestigial and vulnerable Veterans, almost within shouting (if not spitting) distance from his strategically chosen venue, marks a new high in his low regard and deafening disrespect, for those faltering and failing men and women, who, having sacrificed so much for their country, are now, in turn, being sacrificed upon the altar of the hubris of the (nominally and minimally) Honourable Minister of Veterans Affairs.

As an erstwhile TV "personality/presenter"", this latest minted Minister is certainly not subject to "stage fright", then why should he feel so threatened by "age fright", caused by those of us whom he treats as a nonentity of nonagenarian relics ( of World War Two and Korea)? Surely, like one of the iconic "Three Little Pigs", he can bolster his bravery, by bellowing "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf"......

Wolf William Solkin
Ste. Anne's Hospital
Ste. Anne de Bellevue
Matrix
Matrix

Back to top Go down

Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018 Empty Re: Pension For Life Town Hall Montreal Oct 04, 2018

Post by JAFO Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:53 pm

I know why....Shameus wouldn't be able to "control" the questions if he went to an actual 'open' invitation to all veterans.

If you have to sign up to attend a town hall how can it be labeled as a town hall?
JAFO
JAFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2018, 4:28 pm

For the Minister to ignore these Veterans is absolutely reprehensible. There should be laws that prevent politicians from dodging their constituents. And there should be heavy penalties for doing so.

In one foul swoop, O' Regan has now destroyed what little faith and trust vets had left in him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgefore Sat 06 Oct 2018, 11:45 am

Seamus O'Regan Facebook — in Montreal, Quebec.

Oct 05, 2018

Thank you, Montreal.

Last night we heard from you on how to improve wait times and the transition from the Forces to post-service life.

I take everything you said to heart.

Edgefore
Edgefore
Advocate Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down