Canadian Veterans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My VAC Account - Possible security breach

3 posters

Go down

My VAC Account - Possible security breach Empty My VAC Account - Possible security breach

Post by Trooper Mon 30 Oct 2017, 7:49 am

I'm posting this as info I read on Facebook. I have not heard anything official on this so far, so I cannot validate the info as fact. If you are contacted from VAC about this, make sure you log the info if passed on by phone, who contacted you, time and date. If you receive a letter, keep the letter as you may need it for a later date.

Here's the info posted on Facebook:

27 octobre, 14:24

"Good evening Folks, I was contacted by senior IRO out of the Halifax Office and my My Vac was breached as it had a GLITCH and files could have been seen, dnloaded, viewed and Screen Grabbed, NO ONE knows the extent, thus I am ASKING Everyone to pass on information to any other Veterans, when they receive their Letters if they can CONTACT ME and I am going to try and work with Mcinnes Cooper in Halifax to get a Class Action started as this is HUGE Breach and affects many. The Medical MMJ Confidential breach during mail outs does not compare to this : That's why CLASS Action, the MMJ breach is big, but having your complete Records on MY VAC compromised is beyond reason as it holds YOUR LIFE RECORDS and if you were OLD School Military your SIN number was used before the Service Numbers came out thus Possble someone viewed your Social Insurance Number and anything else during your CF and that of your civilian doctors and other uploaded records. I am a 27+ year Vet and also a Human Rights trained ParaLegal ( Use my own knowledge to help others and myself. ) Class Action needs to deal a HARD HIT on this Breach."

If I hear more on this I will post it here.
Trooper
Trooper
Administrator

https://cvdbsf.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

My VAC Account - Possible security breach Empty Re: My VAC Account - Possible security breach

Post by Spider Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:36 pm

Facebook post on the subject; Contact person for My VAC breach or inquiry Nathalie Pham 514-496-5880

Spider
Spider
CF Coordinator

Back to top Go down

My VAC Account - Possible security breach Empty Re: My VAC Account - Possible security breach

Post by Stayner Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Veterans Affairs Canada
Sent: UTC 2017-10-27 21:23
Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

If you were one of the affected clients, you would have received
a phone call from an Inquiries Resolution Officer (IRO).

if you have any further comments or questions, please contact
us again via My VAC Account, or at our toll free number 1-866-522-2122.
Sincerely,
Jane Anderson
Veteran Affairs Canada
Stayner
Stayner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down